Surprise Upgrades?

I had booked a standard room at POR on my last trip hoping for a princess room. When i checked in, I asked if any upgrades were available. The CM said it would be an additional $100 for a princess room, I paid for the upgrade and went along my way. On our last day, I went to the front desk to settle the bill with GCs. The CM asked how our stay was. I told her that we had upgraded and the room was magical. She then says "This one is on Mickey" and refunded the $100. I was in shock and in tears. She didn't have to refund anything nor did I ask for a refund. I still tear up thinking about it.

I went with my parents for Christmas and new year going into the year 2000 and we were booked into Caribbean beach, however when we arrived they said they with over booked

My father said well if you can’t give me what we booked I would like to stay at the gran Floridian

She went of to speak to someone then two minutes later she said that’s you all booked in for a two week stay at the GF over looking MK

I always ask for an upgrade. Free. Sometimes I get it sometimes I don’t. If the desk guy/gal is from OHIO I always get it. Lol. But being a Veteran also helps I guess I’d say 75% of the time we pay for a standard room but get a preferred location. Can’t hurt to ask. When we stay at POP or POFQ we always get it. When we stay at Wilderness lodge it’s 60/40 I will.

Last February we were upgraded from Poly Gardenview to Club Level. It was amazing and it is going to be so hard not staying club level this year.

Last February we were upgraded from Poly Gardenview to Club Level. It was amazing and it is going to be so hard not staying club level this year.

Yup, we were upgraded to Poly Club from garden view almost 2 years ago and ended up actually booking club for our trip this summer because it was just so amazing we couldn’t imagine the trip without it. Smart move on the upgrades, Disney, lol.

One time, many years ago, I booked a room at the Wilderness Lodge. I walked into the lobby and just fell in love. When we went to check in, they told us that they were short on rooms and asked if we wanted to be upgraded to a tower room facing MK at the contemporary. I actually refused it because I had stayed there before as a child and really wanted to experience WL.

In about 14 on site stays since 1997, we have been upgraded twice. In 2009 we were upgraded at BLT during the first three weeks it was open on a cash reservation from a standard studio to a lake view, pool view studio on the 14th floor. Very cool. In 2016 we were upgraded at AKL from a standard view to a partial savannah view which was awesome.

We're celebrating the adoption of our 4 year old son. When we booked our trip I mentioned this to the cast member. We're hoping for a magical upgrade at AKL in March but I'm not going to ask for an upgrade We're perfectly happy with what we paid for. It'll be a very magical 10 days with our 4 year old.

Upgraded from Standard to Garden ( or whatever the categories were called ) back in 2001 at POFQ.

For everyone that has been upgraded did you check in online or in the app before your arrival or did you wait to check in at the resort? We have a standard view 1 bedroom at AKL right now but my kids are hoping for an upgrade

For everyone that has been upgraded did you check in online or in the app before your arrival or did you wait to check in at the resort? We have a standard view 1 bedroom at AKL right now but my kids are hoping for an upgrade

Whether you do Online Check In or not has no bearing on whether or not you get an upgrade.

Last Year October we were upgraded from garden view to a perfect water view at the YC. Pretty much the only upgrade we’ve ever gotten.

I know this isn’t a Disney upgrade but it was so amazing I feel it needs an honorable mention. We were splitting our vacation between Disney and Universal last October and had spent three days at Coronado Springs before switching to Portofino Bay for 4 nights. The morning of check in at PB we got there at 9:00 thinking our room wouldn’t be ready be we could check in and then head to the parks. Well, when we pulled up valet told us to go ahead and grab our luggage because they had a lot of rooms ready. So we grab our stuff and head in and I stand with the kids and our stuff while my husband checks in. While I wait a very nice man (manager maybe) starting chatting with me and my daughter about where we’d been and her favorite rides and where we’d stayed at Disney. He makes eye contact with the lady checking us in and she nods and then continues to work with my husband. It takes so long that I begin to worry about something being wrong with our reservation. Nope. Turns out we had been upgraded. I couldn’t understand the upgrade when my husband said it because we had already been booked for club level. Turns out they had upgraded us to a villa!!!! We had a living room, kitchen and second bathroom. It was amazing! Our kids are going to be so disappointed when we go back and all we can afford is the normal hotel room.

We checked in at the front desk as they had not yet started the online check in.

Upgraded from a standard to a Savannah view room at AKL, loved it!
Upgraded from a standard view to a garden view at CSR, very nice view vs parking lot.
Neither time was an upgrade request, just a bit of Disney magic I believe.:flower1:

I love reading these! In all the times we've stayed in WDW resorts, we have never been upgraded/received pixie dust. We have a trip coming up for the end of March/early April, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter