• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

Hardly. I thought it would be close between Chrissy and Ben, and although I think Chrissy did a better job of selling herself to the jury, I'm glad Ben won. I just like him more. And Chrissy, despite winning all those challenges, failed. Why? Because she knew she had to get Ben out to win and she failed.

No, she didn't fail at getting him out. She had him out at the final four. She beat him in the last immunity challenge (are we surprised about that though. I mean, he would have been out of the game long ago if it weren't for finding the idols).

Ben was lucky enough to have a game changing twist that has never happened before in the history of Survivor *surprise, surprise* :rolleyes:, fall on his lap. If it weren't for that, he was gone. Chrissy beat him.

Because he was gone if it weren't for that twist. She beat him at the final challenge, he was dead man walking.
Though I wanted Ben to win and was glad to see him win, I have to agree with what JaneBanks says. I think that twist was crappy.

So are the castaways next season going to be adults paired up with kids? Nah, I don't think. Not sure why they showed the kids tonight. But I do wonder if some of those big regrets players they showed, like Erik and James and Lauren and Jay, will also be on the season with the rest being a new cast??? Did the preview, or Jeff, say an ALL new cast....or a new cast???

Though I wanted Ben to win and was glad to see him win, I have to agree with what JaneBanks says. I think that twist was crappy.

I love the twist. It prevents weak competition from slithering their way in to the finals only to see a blowout victory for one person. If you want the best beaten, then beat them in fire. Show why you deserve it more. Devon failed.

So are the castaways next season going to be adults paired up with kids? Nah, I don't think. Not sure why they showed the kids tonight. But I do wonder if some of those big regrets players they showed, like Erik and James and Lauren and Jay, will also be on the season with the rest being a new cast??? Did the preview, or Jeff, say an ALL new cast....or a new cast???

I can't imagine James is playing again.

Now, I don't believe for one second they made it easier for Ben to find the idols than anyone else at camp. I do believe when he wasn't chosen to go on rewards, the decision was made to put the idol and/or clues at camp rather than at reward.

And then of course when that still didn't work to get him in the final, they created the final twist in the game. I don't know, the show is losing some appeal to me because it's just so obvious that it's manipulated by the producers. Oh well... still entertaining...

The reunion portion of the show was mostly commercials and ads for next season - which does have an interesting premise. Not sure if I'll continue watching or not.

Last edited:
It's a tv show. Of COURSE it's being manipulated by the producers. That's how television works.

We don't live with these people 24 hours a day for 38 days. We are not privy to every conversation. We only get to see and hear what the producers want us to see and hear which ABSOLUTELY manipulates the us the audience and how we perceive the game. Therefore, the jury, who are actually THERE living the game are the ONLY ones qualified to decide who deserves to win or not.

The tribe has spoken.

We don't live with these people 24 hours a day for 38 days. We are not privy to every conversation. We only get to see and hear what the producers want us to see and hear which ABSOLUTELY manipulates the us the audience and how we perceive the game. Therefore, the jury, who are actually THERE living the game are the ONLY ones qualified to decide who deserves to win or not.

Of course. But when they manipulate it to give one player many chances to get to the point of being voted for by the jury, that goes too far in my opinion.

I thought Devon was very gracious and going with his gut instinct about Ben showed that he deserved to be in the top three. Too bad he couldn't make fire at the end.

I am SO thrilled by the outcome. I have been a Ben-champion since day 1. I could NOT stand Chrissy - she absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. I actually flicked her off a few times last night when she was talking about being a warrior because she is a mom. ***? My older son actually cried when Ben lost immunity.

I was cheering SO loud when his fire started going. I loved the twist, and it REALLY could have gone either way. I wanted Ryan, Mike, and Ben in the finale, but was fine with Devon, too. However, I loved seeing Chrissy lose.

Next season looks good!

My opinion, this wasn't a great season. It wasn't even a good season until the last few episodes. I consider myself to be somewhat of a Survivor "purist." I don't like that there is an idol in play at every single tribal council now. But, I also don't buy the conspiracy theories that say that production adds twists to benefit specific players. I believe all the twists are planned out before the season begins. I also think that the fire making challenge at final four is a twist that I can live with. There was too much emphasis on getting to end with players who can't win. Anything that breaks that up is good for the game.

Challenge performance alone shouldn't win the game. Chrissy's win streak was impressive, but even with that late game challenge run, she couldn't overcome her lack of social game the rest of the season. She was a cocky, and generally unlikable gamebot. Likewise, finding idols shouldn't be the only factor that positions you win the game. I wish there were a LOT fewer idols in the game but that's not how Ben won the jury. He did it by being a dominant player in the early game, a gritty, determined underdog in the late game and decent human being all the way through.

If you think Devon or Ryan should have won, I just don't know what to say to you. I think the best player won the season and it was a great finale.:duck:

Last edited:
I don't know who's going to win. I really think it's going to be close between Chrissy and Ben. I'd like to see it be 9-0 Ben but I think it will pretty close. Why do you think it a foregone conclusion

There's only 7 jurors. Here's how the votes went: Ben: 4 votes (WINNER!) Ryan: 1 vote. Chrissy: 2 votes.

We thought the twist -- with Chrissy only taking one and leaving the other two to fight it out was amazing. But how about cocky Devon deciding not to practice and just zen on the beach LOL.

I think Devon threw his vote away on Ryan. Was it a pity vote? I didn't want to see that lazy jerk get any votes. And what a blithering blabbermouth at tribal!

We just about jumped off the couch when Ben won the fire challenge. And no, we never once thought that this show was rigged toward Ben. If Survivor wanted to back anyone, I would think it would have been Chrissy with her back story of trying for 16 years and then tying the individual idol record. She seemed to float through this game with few is any obstacles.

I thikn Ben was just phenomally smart about finding Idols -- and having military training I think makes you a sharper eye for looking for things and finding symbols, etc. He was a smart guy not worrying so much about the social game as opposed to just playing the game. Yes, the non-social game hurt him in the end, but I think Mike making that snarky remark about him playing for his family was unnecessary. Who was Mike playing for?

That last challenge was utterly heartbreaking when he had the U upsidedown. He was so fixated and steady, but I think that mistake blew his confidence. And Chrissy playing up to him and then snarking to the camera that she didn't mean any of it just proves why she didn't win! I was stunned when Lauren voted for Ben instead of Chrissy. I am always frustrated that they don't tell you who voted for whom.

I thought those last two hours were the best of the past couple of seasons and Ben is our household's favorite player of all time. Against all odds, and some really back-stabbing unloyal people, he pulled through. YAY for Ben and his family.

As for a kids show -- I think the liability would be too dangerous and they'd have a lot of issues if those kids don't have chaperones -- especially overnight in the elements and them trying to start fires. Maybe a parent and their child would be fun though

I'm sorry but Chrissy was robbed.

Totally disagree with you.

I was hoping Ben or Dr. Mike would win, so I was disappointed when Dr. Mike got voted out, and super bummed when Ben made that awful mistake with the upside down "U" in the challenge. I just knew he was gone after that. And Crissy going up to him pretending to want to be friends again. :laughing: Ben saw right through her. I did like her at the beginning of the season, but she just got too cocky and annoying. I wanted her out weeks ago. Then when they announced the making fire twist, I thought "oh my gosh! Ben can win this and go to final 3!!" And he did!! I was thrilled!

He so deserved to win, and I'm so glad he did!!

No, she didn't fail at getting him out. She had him out at the final four. She beat him in the last immunity challenge (are we surprised about that though. I mean, he would have been out of the game long ago if it weren't for finding the idols).

Ben was lucky enough to have a game changing twist that has never happened before in the history of Survivor *surprise, surprise* :rolleyes:, fall on his lap. If it weren't for that, he was gone. Chrissy beat him.

The jury thought differently. I didn't realize there was a rule that said they couldn't introduce new twists during the game. All Devon had to do was start the fire, something he was suppose to be good but he failed. Ben once again thwarted Chrissy's plan.

I agree that Chrissy should have won hands down. She was definitely robbed.

Nope, there is more to the game than winning challenges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter