SURVIVOR 37...and NOW Survivor 38 (no spoilers)

What the episode showed me is that not going to tribal really covered up a lot of flaws in people's game play at Kama. It was clear that Aurora was very much on the outs, yet the "power players" from that tribe assumed they could keep getting her vote post merge. And it also became clear that they weren't really doing a good job of making everyone on the tribe feel appreciated and important, or Julie(a)? wouldn't have been so easy to convince to jump ship. Trying to control people by using the loved one's visit was a weird ploy and I'm glad it backfired for them.

Also -what about David and Devins - and David not giving his half the idol back, thought that whole conversation was very interesting.

Yes -- there was probably a core group of Kamas who thought their group would be down for Pagonging everybody else, and then they could cannibalize the people from their original tribe who weren't "useful" enough to their end games.

Clearly, they haven't watched Survivor enough to see how often that goes awry!

She was tall blonde with cray eyebrows. She was in white collar blue collar, I think. Was on team blue collar and had a real hard time with her team. Was at bottom. I think she was on 2 seasons.

I thought tonight was going to be some awesome epic TC. IT SUCKED!!!! Really, the show needs to cut that crap out. Tired of it. Whole point in having a SHOW is to SHOW us how they decide who to vote for (and show us how folks get out of being in the hot seat). SHOW us. Not some whispering BS during TC where we then see someone get voted out who wasn't even one in the hot seat. DUMB!

This season stinks! The cast is highly unlikable (sad when David and Kelly are most likable). Last week I had hopes for Julia and she turned all arrogant and insulting tonight. Julie seems not to have a clue about how this game works and lost her marbles. Victoria is smug. Rick was too stubborn. Ron is annoying and arrogant. AT least we're not seeing Wardog in all his annoyingness as of late (but it's there). And what the heck is with winter caps and sweaters on a tropical island???? All I can say is....come on David. I hope you pull this one off.

They are probably being guided to start drama and whisper during tribal. It was both fun to watch and annoying. I do not mind the whispering. Too bad Devins and David don't have their combined idol now. I agree that Julia was arrogant. She acted like a brat.

They are probably being guided to start drama and whisper during tribal. It was both fun to watch and annoying. I do not mind the whispering. Too bad Devins and David don't have their combined idol now. I agree that Julia was arrogant. She acted like a brat.
I think the David/Devins idol had to be played anyway. It was only good for like 2 TCs or something.

And what the heck is with winter caps and sweaters on a tropical island????.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I have wondered about Victoria and her woolen knit hat all season and then tonight I saw Julie in her knit sweater!!!! I too was like, "what the heck"!!!!

I still have no favorites!! This is the first season that I have ever felt that way!

Crazy tribal!! I never could have guessed that would have been the outcome!!

I actually hope Reem wins the EoE challenge and gets back in the game and wins the whole thing. That would be a nice middle finger to Jeff/show.

I thought tonight was going to be some awesome epic TC. IT SUCKED!!!! Really, the show needs to cut that crap out. Tired of it. Whole point in having a SHOW is to SHOW us how they decide who to vote for (and show us how folks get out of being in the hot seat). SHOW us. Not some whispering BS during TC where we then see someone get voted out who wasn't even one in the hot seat. DUMB!

This season stinks! The cast is highly unlikable (sad when David and Kelly are most likable). Last week I had hopes for Julia and she turned all arrogant and insulting tonight. Julie seems not to have a clue about how this game works and lost her marbles. Victoria is smug. Rick was too stubborn. Ron is annoying and arrogant. AT least we're not seeing Wardog in all his annoyingness as of late (but it's there). And what the heck is with winter caps and sweaters on a tropical island???? All I can say is....come on David. I hope you pull this one off.

I feel the same way about the cast this time also. I had to think this morning who I would like to win. I think David is who I'm pulling for.

All of the players that I really like are on EoE.

It would be funny if the person voted out first came back and won it all.

I just don't think her personality would allow for that.

I thought that was quite entertaining, one of the best TC in a long time.
Same. Players showed their cards unnecessarily and others were smart enough to exploit it. As Sun Tzu said, In the midst of chaos, there is opportunity.

I'm curious about the expanded jury. I am assuming that at some point the Edge of Extinction folks will no longer have a path to get back into the game. At that point, do they all just go away? I'm thinking they do, and the final jury will form as usual. But with this season, who knows? I actually like that they are including the EoE folks as a jury for now. If and when another one gets back in the game, they will at least have some current intel to use and might not be just a sitting duck for an easy vote.

David has his own idol too. So maybe it was good for him to waste Rick's shared idol in case he wants to ditch Rick and throw him out there to be voted out.

I liked this tribal. Do I think the sneak peaks were a bit overblown for what we actually got? Sure, that's the nature of the beast though. Can't tease up the next episode with hey, you should watch because people might actually switch up their votes live at tribal, not just play up the possibility for the cameras.

I think some people made strategic mistakes and other people capitalized on that. Those kinds of interactions are one of the things I find most interesting about the show though.

I'm not disliking this season / edge of extinction twist / and cast (whether they be returners or newbies) as much as many here seem to. At this point I doubt it will end up in my top 3 favorite seasons or anything, but I'm keeping an open mind and waiting to see how it all works out.

I do like that they're changing things up. It's not interesting to me when players can come in with a pre-set plan for the entire season based on how things have been done in the past. Oh, so you think you can keep strong players around to help your tribe pre-merge, vote them out immediately before or after the merge, and use that as part of your game resume? Fooled you. First that strategy is nothing new, and second that strong player may now have a chance to get back in the game just when it could be the absolute worst thing for you. Oh, so you think you don't need to worry about jury management until the merge? Fooled you. The very first player voted out could conceivably vote on who wins in the end. I don't have the problem with those things many seem to have. It's not like the people on extinction are lounging in comfort. The physical and psychological struggle has to be intense out there! Those still in the game in a more traditional sense are building relationships, looking forward to reward challenges, immunity challenges, letters from home and/or loved ones visits, etc. They're playing the game and with every vote their chances of winning get better. Those on extinction are dealing with the elements, boredom, bitter or just plain miserable to live with players (Reem, anyone?), and with every vote their chances of getting back in the game get worse - at least as long as voted out players continue to choose extinction island and resist raising that flag.

Slightly OT
Did you all see the former Survivor players who will be competing on Amazing Race?

FORMER SURVIVOR CONTESTANTS

• Chris Hammons and Bret Labelle

These friends first met on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X in 2016, where Chris finished in 11th place and Bret in fifth. This will be their first time competing on The Amazing Race.

• Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins

These Survivor alumni have each done two seasons of island tribal competition between them, but have never appeared on The Amazing Race.

• Rupert and Laura Boneham

Four-time Survivor competitor — and onetime Indiana gubernatorial candidate — Rupert actually went up against his wife Laura in the Blood vs. Water season of that show. This time, the couple will get to work together for a chance, taking on The Amazing Race for the first time.

I liked tribal tonight. I don't mind the whispering. I have no favorite but if I had to choose it would be David.

Re: Amazing Race. I can't wait for it to start. I already have a favorite and that is Rupert, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter