Survivor 43

One of the quickest reads of the votes I've seen. A bit sad Owen didn't get any but I wanted him or Gabler to win. In the end Gabler played a good game though. He did manage to get all the votes but 1 and that is a big accomplishment in terms of Survivor. I appreciated that there wasn't angst really when it came to him saying he floated from alliance to alliance. That's very touching that he pledged to give the winnings to charity...I immediately wondered if CBS would chip in a match donation. Gabler I started out thinking was a loose cannon in terms of players but he surprised me, I think he probably surprised the other players too for having been talked about so much early on in terms of reliability but then wasn't really mentioned as chopping block material after that so good for him.

Owen I don't think was seen as a weak player you know like one just taken to the end because they were never an issue just one that didn't do enough to have been seen as having that game play the jury ultimately looks for.

Cass I must say I didn't really care for her in the end. She clearly thought she played such a good game that she'd get the votes but ya know I think the jury did get some questions going with Jesse's challenge to have her do fire with him. That's ultimately not really going to happen that the person with the immunity necklace puts themselves out there like that but she didn't really have as much of a strong answer to that. You could see her shock though when she was asked about big moves and she started to give her answer and it was met with the jury with like "nah we actually planned that" so her game wasn't quite as strong as she thought.

I had been wondering what the outcome of the final three would have been had Jesse not outed himself with the idol and instead waited til the votes were about to be called.

That was also one of the best reunion episodes. although I miss the pre-Covid days when they winner was announced live and the whole cast could join. It's bad enough being voted off pre-jury, but to be forgotten after that has to hurt.
I agree because I think we miss backstories and game play stuff and perhaps it's even more important with a shortened season where there's not more days in between competitions and tribal council. But it seems like they'll be sticking with this. There is a nice immediate gratification that I think audiences of today like rather than waiting and production-wise it's a lot less money and work on their part. Still it would be nice if those voted out could be quickly brought in for pizza and talking shop.

Definitions of Priceless….
1. Gabler winning
2. Cass getting her big move blown up by the ride or die jury members
3. The LOOK on Cass’ face when it became apparent Gabler was going to win!!!

Gabler deserved the win but I thought Owen also did. He fought back from the bottom more times than I remember any other Survivor player.

I agree because I think we miss backstories and game play stuff and perhaps it's even more important with a shortened season where there's not more days in between competitions and tribal council. But it seems like they'll be sticking with this. There is a nice immediate gratification that I think audiences of today like rather than waiting and production-wise it's a lot less money and work on their part. Still it would be nice if those voted out could be quickly brought in for pizza and talking shop.

With the change of structure, what happens to those voted off pre-merge? They can't go home, right?

With the change of structure, what happens to those voted off pre-merge? They can't go home, right?
That's what I thought, if that's the case not sure why they can't have them waiting on site and brought quickly in. I'm not saying they have to spend a ton of time pre-jury but some talks would be nice and for audiences we'd get a bit more info.

I didn't think Gabler did anything to deserve to win. Cass blew it at the final TC. None of them really deserved to win but if Cass would have handled her answers better, she should have won. I think everyone knew Jesse was going to win if he got that far. I'm sure he'll be asked to play again.

I didn't think Gabler did anything to deserve to win. Cass blew it at the final TC. None of them really deserved to win but if Cass would have handled her answers better, she should have won. I think everyone knew Jesse was going to win if he got that far. I'm sure he'll be asked to play again.
I was reading an article where Cass was interviewed. She seems to think Karla "poisoned" the jury against her but TBH the fact that she only got 1 vote to me doesn't make me think the jury was poisoned, I could see some votes taken away but all of them save for 1? To me it seemed more like Cass thought she was the mechanics behind moves but when those players spoke up turns out she was less involved than she thought. The jury members would have already known their roles in game play before Karla got on the jury.

I don't think she would have won even if her answers were different at tribal and from that article her impression was they had already made their mind up to not vote for her. I think she was just a player who while she did stuff (more than Owen) she didn't do as much as she thought. Gabler may not have made big moves against people but he played the social game better and the social game won out here. He was able to float from alliance to alliance without people holding that against him. He was able to re-evaluate his game play based on the player's reactions and he pivoted from being in the spot light to being more in the shadows.

Of the 3 that made it for me it was either Gabler or Owen.

If there is a fan favorite show, I think Jessie and Noelle would be the ones from this season who would go (and did not get to the final three). I liked Cody for the entertainment value and liked that Owen fought his way back, but had some serious anger management issues based on the footage. They may have played that up, or they may have only included a fraction of his anger. He lost it when Carla took that advantage. She played a decent game but I am also glad she did not win. Plus, there are players from other seasons who I have liked quite a bit. I hope they will do a fan favorite show in the future.

I hope they will do a fan favorite show in the future.
Me too! I know for a while they were relying on more past contestants but now I think in the next 2 or so seasons (since the most recent one has already been filmed) it'd be nice to revisit some past players plus it'd be cool to see some players who haven't played under the new rules and new advantages mixed in with ones who have. The advice and gameplay could be really interesting to watch. Remember when Rob was like a mentor? Wonder what it would be like for him to play now..I think his playing days are over but sure would be interesting to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter