Swan Dolphin question re nurses from overseas

youngaussienurse

self confessed princess
I was thinking about staying at the Swan or Dolphin. We are both nurses in Australia, but could we still get the discount available for teachers and nurses if we are from overseas? We have our proof of registration ect. Does anyone know, cause it would make my decision a lot easier if we could get the discount:)
Thanks!

Thanks Bob....I feel very honored to get a reply from THE Bob hehehe:) I love your podcast, keep up the great work, and thankyou for the reply! Can I also ask.....if I book via a travel agent in Australia (which I usually do) can they still ask for the discount when they book it, or will I need to book through a specific disney travel agent? Also is it worth staying at the swan and dolpin if you don't get some of the perks (we are mostly put off by no magical express) thus how would we get to WDW? I recall before they had ME we went on some shuttle mini bus with other people, but I cannot remember who it was with. Do the swan and dolphin also offer concierge and is it cheaper than the Disney resorts? Thanks again:)

Hi guys from a fellow Aussie Dis Fan. I strongly recommend that you make your reservations through Dreams Unlimited Travel as agents in Australia have no idea about WDW and the agency can also make your ADR's for you which is essential before you leave home..

Enjoy your trip, WDW is great. :thumbsup2

All the best

AussieJohn

Hi youngaussienurse, Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but we had the pod cast to record.

Here is the thing, you need to book how you feel the most comfortable. I think AusieJohn has said some nice things about Dreams Unlimited, which I thank him for.:thanks:

You can book your reservation for the swan or Dolphin hotel using the link below.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/sd.cfm

You will get the best pricing available by doing it this way. As far as air fare from Austrailia. Ausiejohn can correct me if I am wrong. The best rates will come from booking the flight on-line.

Once here you are correct that Swan/Dolphin doesn't have magical express, but we suggest using FL tours for your towncar service to get from the airport and back. The nice thing with that you will be able to stop at a grocery store on the way to the hotel and stock up on snacks and drinks for the room. Here is their link to book.http://www.fltours.com/
For a family of 4 you are looking at $109.00 round trip. to the Swan/Dolphin hotel.

Concierge is not an option at the Swan/Dolphin hotels. Last year the hotels decided to not offer that service option.

If you compare pricing at any of the Disney hotels in the Epcot hotel area. (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk) You will be saving a good amount of money staying at the Swan/Dolphin hotel. You will have the same easy access to Epcot and Hollywood studios that those other hotels have. Also you still get to use Disney transportation to the parks and be able to go in to the parks using extra magic hours, which is a great perk to have.

Guys, Bob is right. Book your flights through flight centres or direct with Qantas on line. Regardless of who you use, you can not get a direct flight to Orlando and you will need a connecting flight / flight's from LAX.

My biggest mistake when I first went to WDW was to trust my local travel agent about what I needed for my trip to the World.

There was no mention of ADR's, cheapest available deals being offered locally in the States and the Swan Dolphin was not even on their radar.

Take my advice, make your land portion bookings through Dreams Unlimited Travel and take care of your own flights.

If you need more assistance from an Aussie that learnt his lesson the hard way, please let me know.

WDW is great and you will love it, but make sure that everything is planned really well before you leave.

All the best,

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter