SWGE Opens August 29!

Going 8/25 - 9/1. I think a good strategy will be to go to HS before 8/29. Then, 8/29 and after hope that the crowds at HS will mean less crowds for the other parks. I think F&W will start 8/30. Just guessing. I'm looking forward to that and MNSSHP on 8/27. Anyone think this will make the MNSSHP tickets sell out for that date?

If I had the misfortune of being there on Day 1 I'd probably just embrace the dark side and do everything I could to be one of the first ever to visit the land on opening day. Yeah I'd probably be lining up for RD at 3 or 4 AM but that would be awesome.

If I had the misfortune of being there on Day 1 I'd probably just embrace the dark side and do everything I could to be one of the first ever to visit the land on opening day. Yeah I'd probably be lining up for RD at 3 or 4 AM but that would be awesome.
I have to agree with this! If we had a trip during the actual opening day and not the week after, I don't think DH could resist trying to be one of the first!

Don’t give me ideas!!! I mean maybe I’ll just sleep there.... I have the 28th booked a trip HS already

I have to agree with this! If we had a trip during the actual opening day and not the week after, I don't think DH could resist trying to be one of the first!

Don’t give me ideas!

Disney stated it on all their official social media articles.
. Thank you!

Bradley-Cooper-Oh-My-God-Gif-In-Silver-Linings-Playbook.gif

Seeing this acronym for the first time - some sort of horrible combination of RnRC + ToT - has made me realize this board will never be the same. It's as if all my fears have come true at once.

You know, we are Disneyland locals. We live very, very close. My husband is a HUGE SW fan and really wanted to camp out overnight and be there the first day. Now, since Disneyland has mentioned that people will need a reservation to enter the land on opening day (and until June 23), I am going to try REALLY REALLY hard to secure us a reservation on opening day, because it would be so special for him. Part of the excitement of something like this is being among the hardcore fans and feeding off the adrenaline. It will be a really special day.

Am I the only one with an early fall (Sept 7-14) trip already booked that is a little bummed by this news? Nervous about what this will mean for crowds during a time that is typically less busy. :(
I'm booked Sept 22-28 I was hoping to avoid it this trip. So not happy about this.

It’s accurate it was already sent to TAs.
Thank you! I figured it was some additional info after the announcement.

I thought that I would know today when to book our SWGE trip. But instead, I’m now more confused. I know I want to go as soon as it opens, but I don’t want to wait in some crazy line without a FP.

I also would like to do both rides, so it sounds like I would need to book two trips, but unclear as to the timing of each.

Wow so you're going to be right in the madness!

I have no plane tickets booked so I'm seriously thinking of changing my dates and letting go of my BC Club Level suite. I might look into the BW but I don't even think the week before will be safe. I'll book even earlier than that.

Things I'm pondering as I try to wrap my head around this and find some days that I could maybe get over to WDW this fall...

How long might "initially" mean for no FPs?
Would I be better off as a semi-local hitting it when no FPs are offered, because my chances of actually getting a FP once offered are slim and none?
If I do go when there are no FPs, is there any reason to book a night onsite - might I need that just to enter DHS? Or can I safely make it a day trip?
How much will DHS hours change once SW:GE is open? Better to see it first in daylight or after dark?
How much of the queue/s will be indoors with AC, vs. outdoors in the heat of Sept.? Will they provide tickets for bathroom breaks like Universal did with Potter? How long before I get heat stroke?!

My brain hurts. :headache:

Things I'm pondering as I try to wrap my head around this and find some days that I could maybe get over to WDW this fall...

How long might "initially" mean for no FPs?
Would I be better off as a semi-local hitting it when no FPs are offered, because my chances of actually getting a FP once offered are slim and none?
If I do go when there are no FPs, is there any reason to book a night onsite - might I need that just to enter DHS? Or can I safely make it a day trip?
How much will DHS hours change once SW:GE is open? Better to see it first in daylight or after dark?
How much of the queue/s will be indoors with AC, vs. outdoors in the heat of Sept.? Will they provide tickets for bathroom breaks like Universal did with Potter? How long before I get heat stroke?!

My brain hurts. :headache:
All this info will come in due time :)

I'm one of the few here, but we are super excited for this. We will be there in Sept and Dec and was hoping to catch it in Dec. We aren't worried about crowds though. We were at the opening day of Harry Potter at Universal. It was insane, but great memories we had.

And it's now official. September was the last stronghold but even it couldn't stand up to the might of The Force. :D

Disney will NEVER AGAIN have low crowds ANY time of the year.
You give Galaxy's edge too much credit, will it increase crowds at Hollywood Studios and Disneyland for a bit? Yes, but as with all other attractions once the initial interest wears off, it will drop to 2-3 hour lines for a while, then be an average of 45-90 minute waits most of the time. It may take a little longer to get there than with some other attractions, but it will get there.

Am I the only one with an early fall (Sept 7-14) trip already booked that is a little bummed by this news? Nervous about what this will mean for crowds during a time that is typically less busy. :(

Nope. We’re booked that week to & are really disappointed that it’s opening early. We wanted to advoid it for at least a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter