SWGE to open at WDW on 1st October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully some time between when we leave on 9th November and thanksgiving for us then!

When does everyone think the new Mickey and Minnie ride will open? Really hope that’s before we leave as unlikely to return for another two years again.
Disney has said Fall. I expect late Summer so Aug/Sept.

Hopefully some time between when we leave on 9th November and thanksgiving for us then!

When does everyone think the new Mickey and Minnie ride will open? Really hope that’s before we leave as unlikely to return for another two years again.

My understanding is a big reason they are building that now is to help with GE crowds so I think they definitely want that up and running before GE opens - so probably that is like Sept/Oct and GE is Oct/Nov ... but we shall see, seems like things are trending earlier so maybe move both up by a month (though still can't see GE opening while free dining is still going on)

The amount of investment going on at wdw is amazing. I know some think a fifth park is required etc with all the accommodation that’s being built too but I’ve every faith they’ll get it right.

I just need to somehow save some pennies (and lots of them!) to buy into reflections lakeside lodge. Copper creak came too soon for us so that’s my goal.

My blind guess is for Florida to open sometime between the End of Food and Wine and Christmas Week.....
Regardless I expect the Fall to bring in record numbers and massive AP price increases/restructuring though I also wonder if perhaps the fact that they will be having a Star Wars Land on both coasts it splits the crowds up a bit unlike with say Pandora that's exclusive to Florida

So, I heard that the opening dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge MIGHT BE announced tomorrow, March 7th. With that, I also heard that the opening date for the Florida version might have been moved up due to the progress in construction to “September or October.”

Another question that popped into my mind was “Will the Gondolas be ready by then?” That would be the best case scenario, because of all of the testing and things that have been going on.

If both of these things come true, expect one of the “Slower times” at the parks to not be “So Slow” this year.

What are y’all’s thoughts?

So, I heard that the opening dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge MIGHT BE announced tomorrow, March 7th. With that, I also heard that the opening date for the Florida version might have been moved up due to the progress in construction to “September or October.”

Another question that popped into my mind was “Will the Gondolas be ready by then?” That would be the best case scenario, because of all of the testing and things that have been going on.

If both of these things come true, expect one of the “Slower times” at the parks to not be “So Slow” this year.

What are y’all’s thoughts?
DL's date will be announced tomorrow.

DHS has been progressing well but September is pushing it. Disney has said Fiscal 2020 which would be after Oct. 1st.

Skyliner should be ready by late Summer.

The Fall hasn't been slow in a while now.

I have seen a move-up to Sept. - Oct. for WDW in a couple of places between yesterday & today. We have a trip booked mid-Sept. but I'm thinking about changing to first week in Nov. (it's DH's 50th b-day that week so a good excuse to change plans). I'm just thinking that it's gonna kill us to know that we "just missed it". We're DVC so availablity is already slim for fall - we'd lose our spot at BWV but....can I stand it if I DON'T go?! I am busy tomorrow with work but will be trying to stay informed about the annual meeting inbetween appointments. I figure there will be NO TIME to waste to change once it's announced.

I always plan for overcrowding and jam packed parks. Then if they're not, I'm pleasantly surprised!
We are going early November. If SWGE is open, we will deal with it. If seeing GE is really crazy, we will skip it and do other things. I'm not a super big SW fan, but seeing the recent videos definitely shows how amazing it will be.

Where’s the meeting held? Just trying to work out timings for any potential announcement. It’s just gone midday here so feels like the days dragging!

We're going the last week of September/First week of October, so I'll be thrilled if they announce a mid October or early November opening. I think it would bring crowds way down for us because everyone would postpone their trip lol!

I love star wars but I have NOOOOOO interest in seeing those insane crowds. Nope!

Where’s the meeting held? Just trying to work out timings for any potential announcement. It’s just gone midday here so feels like the days dragging!

Not sure where the meeting is held but it will be at 11am EST time

Here is the link if anyone wants to join the call:

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2019-annual-meeting-of-shareholders/

BTW - noticed that on the main investor Relations page the main image is concept art of flying the Falcon

We have a multi-family, multi-generational trip booked for October 18-26 and it is probably going to be our last trip as a family. I *REALLY* hope that GE is not open yet when we travel. We have NO interest in Star Wars at all and we don't even plan to visit GE after all the hype wears off. I'm hoping for an early November (like, after F&W ends) opening...that's assuming that they are going to HAVE F&W this year...that hasn't been announced yet either.

We have a multi-family, multi-generational trip booked for October 18-26 and it is probably going to be our last trip as a family. I *REALLY* hope that GE is not open yet when we travel. We have NO interest in Star Wars at all and we don't even plan to visit GE after all the hype wears off. I'm hoping for an early November (like, after F&W ends) opening...that's assuming that they are going to HAVE F&W this year...that hasn't been announced yet either.

Those festivals bring in so much money I would be shocked if they don't have F&W - plus it would be a draw to a park other than DHS (now, if F&W was at DHS, then maybe skip this year but with it at EPCOT I think they need it now more than every)

I guess we shall see but feels like there will at least be previews by the time you go - but hopefully if at least official opening isn't until November that will reduce the craziness a bit

If by early November you mean 9th onwards which is when we leave then I agree!

Growing up I never used to be a huge fan of Epcot, understandable I guess when compared to MK and DHS or even AK when that came along, now I absolutely love the place.

I wonder how much it’s linked to staying at beach club now though and ease of access along with boardwalk etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter