T-Shirt to vulgar for disney?

I think some people are missing the point of the shirt too. It is combining Pooh and Deadpool. They turned Pooh into a super hero. (Does Deadpool count as a superhero? Lol)

It is not saying Die Pooh or Pooh is dead or suggesting we harm Pooh in anyway.

I think some people are missing the point of the shirt too. It is combining Pooh and Deadpool. They turned Pooh into a super hero. (Does Deadpool count as a superhero? Lol)

It is not saying Die Pooh or Pooh is dead or suggesting we harm Pooh in anyway.
Well if the point of the shirt isn't so obvious to everyone, and some people might interpret it in a negative way, then maybe it shouldn't be worn. I have never heard of Deadpool, and the shirt seemed to have a violent connotation to me.

Well if the point of the shirt isn't so obvious to everyone, and some people might interpret it in a negative way, then maybe it shouldn't be worn. I have never heard of Deadpool, and the shirt seemed to have a violent connotation to me.

what was pooh doing that made you feel that way LMAO was it his samurai swords that were being held behind his back?

My husband is a HUGE deadpool fan and we are going to disney in a few weeks and he saw this shirt and loved it but I was worried it would be flagged as a "no go" and be asked to changed inside disney. Kids might jsut read Dead pooh and think hes dead.. and not really understand :/ what do you guys think? and I over thinking it?
Can you tell me where you got it? My husband wants one now lol.

It's perfect for the tone of Deadpool and I find it a funny as heck shirt.

On the other hand I do understand how the shirt could be viewed amongst kids. I'd think that type would be viewed in a different light if it were at Universal for example rather than Disney.

OP it's totally your decision with your husband but you could hope for the best and be prepared for the worst (where the shirt is asked to be put inside out).

i don't think it's vulgar but I do find it to be inappropriate for Disney World, especially the MK. As you can tell, some people are going to be offended by it. Don't be surprised if he is asked to turn the shirt inside-out if he does wear it. I probably wouldn't give it a second thought but ultimately, all that matters is what a Disney CM that deals with these things thinks.

i don't think it's vulgar but I do find it to be inappropriate for Disney World, especially the MK. As you can tell, some people are going to be offended by it. Don't be surprised if he is asked to turn the shirt inside-out if he does wear it. I probably wouldn't give it a second thought but ultimately, all that matters is what a Disney CM that deals with these things thinks.
I am highly HIGHLY offended by lots of political shirts I see in the parks. So can I complain and have them made to be turned inside out? Nope. They are not going to stop every shirt that MIGHT offend someone. There is nothing profane, violent, vulgar or naked on this shirt. There are swords and lots of other weapons on shirts DISNEY makes. This is not worse.

Any kid old enough to read that is old enough not to get upset by it imo. My girls would giggle at it. And they haven’t even seen Deadpool but they know who he is and what it’s about.
4 and 5 year olds can read. I’m venturing a lot of 4 and 5 year olds might be disturbed by a dead Pooh and I personally think it’s in poor taste for that reason. For people who don’t know anything about Deadpool, this visually makes Pooh look like a villain.

I am highly HIGHLY offended by lots of political shirts I see in the parks. So can I complain and have them made to be turned inside out? Nope. They are not going to stop every shirt that MIGHT offend someone. There is nothing profane, violent, vulgar or naked on this shirt. There are swords and lots of other weapons on shirts DISNEY makes. This is not worse.
Nope. You can complain but I doubt that this would get someone's political t-shirt turned inside-out. But if in the opinion of a Disney CM, that has the authority to make that determination, your t-shirt violates their standards (whether it be a copyright infringement or a depiction of one of their trademark characters in a negative light or just plain vulgar), then yes, that shirt will be asked to be turned inside-out. IMO, the OP's t-shirt shows a trademarked character (Pooh) in a compromised state that may not be tolerated by the theme parks. Because the parks are private property, they are within their rights to make the request. You and I, however, don't get to make that judgement.

4 and 5 year olds can read. I’m venturing a lot of 4 and 5 year olds might be disturbed by a dead Pooh and I personally think it’s in poor taste for that reason. For people who don’t know anything about Deadpool, this visually makes Pooh look like a villain.
It's called satire. I would explain it to my child and move on. If YOU make it out to be a problem, then it becomes a problem, children usually take our lead. There are far more offensive shirts to a 4 year old that I see walking around DL, and I have had to explain away what one meant once. I see shirts with questionable innuendo or satire all the time in the parks. They are not outright profane or obscene so they get in.

OK I'm in the "When in doubt don't do it" camp but it took a while for me to pick up the Pooh reference. Not sure any child (or adult) is going to stare at a t shirt that hard outside of a restaurant or very long FP line.
Yeah but I'm too old to announce my sense of humor in that way anymore.
Which is good and bad;).

Nope. You can complain but I doubt that this would get someone's political t-shirt turned inside-out. But if in the opinion of a Disney CM, that has the authority to make that determination, your t-shirt violates their standards (whether it be a copyright infringement or a depiction of one of their trademark characters in a negative light or just plain vulgar), then yes, that shirt will be asked to be turned inside-out. IMO, the OP's t-shirt shows a trademarked character (Pooh) in a compromised state that may not be tolerated by the theme parks. Because the parks are private property, they are within their rights to make the request. You and I, however, don't get to make that judgement.
Compromised state lol.

That was exactly my point though. They are not making decisions based on whether or not someone MIGHT be offended by it. They have their rules and standards and they will determine based on that. They keep the website vague on purpose i am sure, but it says they reserve the right to deny admission to any person wearing attire they deem inappropriate. That's pretty broad. But I have also seen far worse than this innocent Pooh satire on many shirt at DL. And hundreds upon hundreds of people wear shirts made with trademarked material that are not licensed every day. They are not going to start checking your tag to see if it is a licensed shirt.

Quite honestly, I think most CM's would see the humor in it, being that Deadpool is Disney property, and they would laugh and move on. And to most kids, especially those who can't read, it looks at a glance like Pooh dressed as a ninja. Nothing obscene that will make children cry lol

It's called satire. I would explain it to my child and move on. If YOU make it out to be a problem, then it becomes a problem, children usually take our lead. There are far more offensive shirts to a 4 year old that I see walking around DL, and I have had to explain away what one meant once. I see shirts with questionable innuendo or satire all the time in the parks. They are not outright profane or obscene so they get in.
"Where is the satire and what is about?" said in my best head scratching but polite manner?

My husband is a HUGE deadpool fan and we are going to disney in a few weeks and he saw this shirt and loved it but I was worried it would be flagged as a "no go" and be asked to changed inside disney. Kids might jsut read Dead pooh and think hes dead.. and not really understand :/ what do you guys think? and I over thinking it?

OP, I am dying to know what Disney would ACTUALLY do now lol. If your husband ends up wearing this shirt would you please let us know what happened?

We'll be there at the same time as you too, have a fun trip!!!

Compromised state lol.

That was exactly my point though. They are not making decisions based on whether or not someone MIGHT be offended by it. They have their rules and standards and they will determine based on that. They keep the website vague on purpose i am sure, but it says they reserve the right to deny admission to any person wearing attire they deem inappropriate. That's pretty broad. But I have also seen far worse than this innocent Pooh satire on many shirt at DL. And hundreds upon hundreds of people wear shirts made with trademarked material that are not licensed every day. They are not going to start checking your tag to see if it is a licensed shirt.
No, they are not going to go after a family trip t-shirt with Disney logos or characters on them. It's always going to be a judgement call. What might be okay with one CM may not fly right with another. Hence the vague wording on their website. I get the idea of the OP's shirt but don't feel it's as "innocent" as you do nor do I find it to be satirical. A "dead Pooh" is not funny. A "dead Pooh/DeadPool" reference is not even clever wordplay. This isn't a First Amendment issue. It's just a t-shirt that Disney staff may not feel is appropriate in their parks. And FWIW, I've seen plenty of attire that makes me cringe. None of it has to do with the message on the shirt. As I stated in a PP, I probably wouldn't blink twice if I saw this shirt in the parks but my sensibilities have been dulled from raising three teenagers.

If anything, I think it is the wording that may cause trouble. None of us can say really if it will or won't be allowed. The worst that can happen is they make your husband buy a new shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter