T1 Diabetic - Alcoholic Drinks

brettcw23

DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA
I've been T1D for 42 year *diagnosed at the 5yo. I like to drink recreationally and have recently moved towards more of the mixed drink route than beer. However, I am free to make concoctions at home with diet sodas (i.e., Moscow Mules...vodka\dt. ginger beer) but was wondering what options might be available at WDW. I know there's obviously rum\diet coke or gin\tonics, but wasn't sure what options might be available. I have my fair share of Bloody Marys but those are higher on the carb side with the tomato juice. Curious if there are any "Beetus friendly" options.

Hi! T1D for 30+ years here. I usually just drink what I want and balance my insulin accordingly. I try to drink with meals so the alcohol is less likely to drop my sugar later.

Disney is also always accommodating so if the bartender is mixing a cocktail that calls for some kind of soda they will substitute diet soda if they have it if you ask. But, lots of Disney cocktails are pre-mixed, so that isn’t always an option.

If it isn’t a busy time you can talk to the bartender at one of the lounges about what you like and they can whip you up something you’ll love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter