Take a look at my food plan

TonyS20

Mouseketeer
My DH and I will be in WDW from Oct. 17-30 staying at in a 1 bedroom at BCV. I have been trying to narrow down our food choices and could use some advice. Our goal for this trip is to try a variety of restaurants. We typically share so most of our meals are pretty light.

Oct. 17 - late lunch at B&C

Oct. 18 - Breakfast at Concourse Steakhouse
Lunch - snack (turkey leg/Casey's)
Dinner - O'hanas

Oct. 19 - Breakfast - BW Bakery
Lunch - Le Cellier
Dinner - Rose and Crown (late)

Oct 20 - Breakfast - room
Lunch - Flame tree for me/Pizzafari for DH
Dinner - RFC

Oct 21 - Breakfast - room
Lunch - Nascar Cafe (City Walk)
Dinner - Snacks

Oct. 22 - Breakfast - sleep in
Lunch - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner - Trail's End or Snacks

Oct. 23 - Breakfast - room
Lunch - 50's
Dinner - Snack/Columbia Harbor House

Oct. 24 - Breakfast - Cape May (late)
Lunch - room if needed
Dinner - Race Rock (off-site)

Oct. 25 - Breakfast - Kona Cafe
Lunch - Italy
Dinner - Mexico (snack/light)

Oct. 26 - Breakfast - Boma
Lunch - snack/skip
Dinner - LTT

Oct. 27 - Breakfast - sleep in/room
Lunch - ESPN/Boardwalk
Dinner - Wolfgang Puck Express/Ghirardelli's

Oct. 28 - Breakfast - sleep in/room
Lunch - GF Cafe (order slipper dessert)
Dinner - Snacks in Epcot

Oct. 29 - Breakfast - Main Street Bakery
Lunch - Castle
Dinner - Snack/Pizza Planet

Oct. 30 - Breakfast - room
Head for home! :(

Any tips? Suggestions?

Looks good.
My only suggestions would be to omit Mexico as a dinner and put in Biergarten/German instead. Based on personal preference only.
Also, for the price of a turkey leg (yuck), drink, etc. purchased seperately, you could have a sit down lunch somewhere in MK with china and linen. You can tell I'm not an "ala carte by the curb" diner.
Have a wonderful time. Your selections definitely made my mouth water.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Yum! We haven't eaten at every restaurant that you have chosen, but I can tell you that we like LTT a lot. Also, we enjoyed whispering canyon and ESPN is great! The only thing I would consider if I were you, is the SCI-FI at MGM. Lunch there is really good and a lot of fun. The burgers are so big, it would be easy to split a plate, and then go for a couple of shakes. They are fabulous. Oh yeah, we also enjoyed O'hana, but actually liked Kona Cafe even more. Have a great time!::MinnieMo

Since you asked:cool: I would try Fresh or Spoodles for breakfast, maybe on the 25 since you are going to Epcot. And do Konas on the 18th, looks like you are going to MK on that day. Concourse breakfast was just ok.

Kae

dzneelvr - Thanks for the tip about Biergarten. The only repeat restaurants on our list is Italy and Mexico. I suggested other restaurants and my DH reviewed the menus. He didn't think the food at Biergarten sounded as good as our meal in Italy and our appetizer in Mexico. However, it is on the list for our next trip! Glad to hear you like it!

Originally posted by pinkminnie
Yum! We haven't eaten at every restaurant that you have chosen, but I can tell you that we like LTT a lot. Also, we enjoyed whispering canyon and ESPN is great! The only thing I would consider if I were you, is the SCI-FI at MGM.

We dined at Sci-Fi last time and loved it! The atmosphere and the shakes were awesome. It was a tough choice to try 50's this time instead. Thanks for the assurance that other restaurants on our list are good choices. It is so hard to decide!

Kae - Thanks for the advice about Fresh and Spoodles. I'm still undecided about Concourse and have been thinking about lunch instead. I may reconsider and add one of the other spots you recommended!

Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm open to suggestions and thoughts about the choices!

Just ate at some of your planned restaurants last week. Here's what we thought --

Alfredo's -- really great. Haven't eaten there in years. Calamari appetizer was delish, as was the Fetuccine Alfredo and
Tiramisu. Had a wonderful waitress -- Cinzia.

LTT -- very disappointing. We had an 8:40 p.m. P.S. on Saturday night. The place was still mobbed at that time. Perhaps because we were eating late, the salad was wilted and the ham so dry we could hardly eat it. The rest was bland and tasted like frozen dinners. Character interaction was good as was the service. However, won't do dinner there again. May consider lunch. Dinner at Garden Grill is better than LTT.

Grand Floridian Cafe -- used to be one of our favorites. Found it rather bland and average. And their lunch desserts are now "mini desserts", but still about $2.50 per dessert. Little pieces of key lime pie, tiramisu, chocholate cake, lemon cheesecake and something else I don't remember on wierd little plates that, put together, form a Mickey face. Just wierd and none too tasty.

Castle -- ate lunch here and really enjoyed it. Had the Major Domo's Pie (or something like that). Quite tasty. Went late and the restaurant was pretty quiet.

You may want to consider Chefs de France. Had lunch there and it was pretty nice. The cheese plate appetizer was lovely and the escargot were yummy -- really garlicky. The chicken crepe was tasty, but rich. Ice cream was good, too. They were short-handed that day due to Hurricane Charley but still managed good service and good food.

The only thing I could add is that we also contemplated the appetizer idea in Mexico, but once I looked at the menu and read some reviews I realized it probably wasn't the best option. Their menu is very limited appetizer-wise, and from the recent reviews I've read, they're very small.
I second the Chefs de France suggestion for lunch one day. It's excellent and a great value. Also, Kona Cafe has some incredible desserts if you'd care to do lunch there instead of breakfast.
Please feel free to take me with you. :p

Please don't eat the food in Mexico!!! I got sick after ordering one of their food items in the restaurant inside...and let me tell you that the food was none too tasty...YUCK!!! It was very pricey too!

Columbia Harbour House is a great place to eat...try eating upstairs if it seems crowded downstairs. Not many people know that the "Upstairs" are is open. It's very unique and the fried fish is really good! :teeth:

Just my opinions! Good luck!:wave:

Thanks to you guys for the advice.

My DH has only requested one thing to eat on this trip - the Queso Fundido from San Angel Inn. We had the CP package the last time we ate there and weren't too hip on the meal but he loved this appetizer. We are planning to avoid the food because we liked the Catina better. Plus F&W will be going on so I'm sure there will be other things we will want to try.

ElizabethB - THANK YOU! Your reviews were great. I'm disappointed to hear you did not have a good time at LTT. That is before MNSSHP and I'm hoping to have a nice meal. I only selected the GF Cafe to order the slipper dessert (I will have to order that ahead of time).

Sounds like several requested Chefs de France. I will have to have my DH take a look at the menu. I wanted to leave some open eating time to enjoy F&W, but DH is picky (I'll admit I am too :eek: ). I'll see what he says about this place.

TheBellhop - CHH is our favorite counter service in MK. Don't tell everyone about the upstairs!! :teeth:

tweetylori - do you know if Kona serves their desserts during/after dinner? We are thinking of relaxing at the Poly beach to watch the fireworks and EWP and dessert might be nice.

The desserts are on their menus at Kona Cafe for lunch and dinner, so I would think any time during those hours you could go for desserts. They were not crowded at all when we were there (although MK sure was!). We didn't even need the PS we had made. Same with Chefs de France.

Great food itinerary!

I appreciated the fact that you left yourself options like:

sleep late, skip, light snack, in room, appetizers, etc.!!

I love eating on vacation too, but I think alot of people over book on the PS's. The food is never going to taste great at a buffet if you're not hungry enough or over exhausted.

Good job!::yes::

tweetylori - Thanks for the dessert advice. It is nice to know of options instead of staring at each other not know where to go or what is served!

Originally posted by DianaPrincessofWales
Great food itinerary!

I appreciated the fact that you left yourself options like:

sleep late, skip, light snack, in room, appetizers, etc.!!

I love eating on vacation too, but I think alot of people over book on the PS's. The food is never going to taste great at a buffet if you're not hungry enough or over exhausted.

Good job!::yes::

Thanks for the compliment! I have tried to give a lot more thought to our itinerary for this trip. We really neglected eating during our last trip (mainly counter service). I know that in 14 days of being there, we are going to have to sleep in at least a few of them!! ;)

I have also tried to take into account how much food we would eat at a particular restaurant and not schedule 3 buffets in 1 day! We like to eat but that is overkill! :crazy:

I agree with you about not wanting to overkill. On vacation we tend to do a big meal at lunchtime, and have a light breakfast and light dinner. Or just snacks other than the lunch. Isn't it grand to have so many food choices??? The only other place that compares in that regard is Vegas. But I won't even get started on that topic.

Too bad about your getting sick TheBellhop. I know how awful that can be and if I were you I know I wouldn't return there. I used to love scallops, but I had a bad batch one night and was violently ill and I haven't touched them since.

But in defense of Mexico's San Angel Inn......we take the kids there for lunch the first day of our trips to WDW each year. They ride the boats while we eat. No....the food's not that great, but it's the atmosphere the kids love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter