Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World! Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 6, 2018! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*

Joining in! So excited to follow along. Planning nov-dec 2018 trip so I’m happy to read this and get some spoilers of Christmas decorations that makes disney diff from summertime! Also, I have two kids named Zach and caleb!!! How funny is that?

Joining in! So excited to follow along. Planning nov-dec 2018 trip so I’m happy to read this and get some spoilers of Christmas decorations that makes disney diff from summertime! Also, I have two kids named Zach and caleb!!! How funny is that?
Thank you for joining in! I’ll try and get as many decorations as I can for you.

Mickey’s Once-Upon-A Christmastime Parade might be my favorite WDW Parade now. I remember seeing it last year, and I wasn’t sure if I liked it more than Boo-To-You. I really feel like this performance of it made it my favorite. I always love Christmas Parades at Disney Parks though.

I still prefer A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland.

We are 2 hours away from the first Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks (NYE Fireworks) of the year, and we have a great spot for the show!

I’m a little bummed since I found out that the Polynesian Beach won’t be available to non-poly resort guests. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can view Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks outside the Magic Kingdom?

So, Fantasy in the Sky is one amazing show. My friend and I stayed in Magic Kingdom instead of adventuring to another resort around the lagoon. It ended up being really easy and had no wait for a bus when we got out of the park.

We can't wait to celebrate the New Year at EPCOT! :)

Good morning and happy New Years Eve from EPCOT!!! My friend and I are ready to greet 2018 with the fireworks finale that makes me feel like “I will die!” :D

My friend and I went to Animal Kingdom this morning for Extra Magic Hours. We went on Flight of Passage and waited 60 minutes. We left AK right after that.

On our way to EPCOT, we hit some traffic, but it wasn’t bad compared to the Magic Kingdom traffic.

Was the 60 minute FOP standby or FP+? 60 is pretty good for standby. Sounds like Disney transportation is running full force.

We are less than 2 hours away from 2018 at Walt Disney World!!! My friend and I found a great spot for the 2nd showing of Illuminations with the New Years Tag in the “fastpass” area for Illuminations. This area doesn’t have fastpass on New Years Eve. It is first come/first serve after the first showing of Illuminations.

I’m ready to experience the best fireworks finale I have ever seen again!

EPCOT is an awesome place to spend New Years Eve! I prefer spending it at EPCOT than at the Magic Kingdom.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :)

2018 was welcomed in an amazing way at EPCOT! That finale will never get old!

My friend and I would get on a bus to our resort around 12:30 a.m. We hit some traffic leaving EPCOT and when we merged with Magic Kingdom traffic. We arrived at our resort at 1:04 a.m.

My friend and I are ready to sleep in tomorrow before going to another theme park!

Good night everyone. Happy 2018!

Welcome to 2018 everyone!

My friend and I slept in this morning before making our way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at 11:30 this morning.

It was a great rainy day in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We got a lot of the park done. The crowds were definitely a lot less than the previous couple days. We could actually walk which felt glorious!

We are now at the Polynesian Resort getting ready for our first table-service meal of the trip. That restaurant is Ohana!

So, how is your 1st timer friend holding up with all the Disney freaks? Has he converted yet? :earboy2:

You are lucky to be spending 8 nights there. We only get to do long weekends.

Looking forward to reading more, especially how your friend liked Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter