Taking a stroller as extra carry-on?

And now I know why security checkpoint is backed up. I know it's your choice, but I think it's more convenient at this point to check your luggage.

Very well said!!!! I totally agree. We recently waited 20 + minutes to board because of random searches. It would have been so much quicker if people had NOT brought their bags to board the plane. One young lady had her teeny tiny purse and was checked in less than 3 minutes. Another had a small carryon, about 5 minutes, the others had large carryons and that is what took the bulk of the time. How nice it would have been if they had considered the inconvienance of the other passengers for their convience. There are things you simply cannot do without on board (like baby stuff) but, you do not need a weeks worth of stuff on the plane.

prncssjas

You should have no problem with the baby carrier thingie. I would gate check the stroller, however. The walk in Orlando can be long and I would imagine a stroller would be a handy item to have. Your other thoughts are great and are a great stress reliever for all involved. Just one request, please. When you deplane and get the stroller, don't stand in the middle of the ramp to put the baby in the stroller. ;) That is my one big time pet peeve. I doubt you would do it, but, it does happen. One hundred people trying to deplane and one person smack dab in the middle of the ramp with a stroller and her junk trying to put her child in the stroller. Why can't they move to the far side and do this? Makes me nuts.

Gail! You are exactly right! Just because I am traveling with a baby gives me no right to hold everyone else up. There are certain things you can control (like how to load and unload your baby gear) and things you can't (like if my son starts to cry because his ears are popping! Yikes!! Although I will try his pacifier/bottle...). I am trying to think of everything because I don't want to be rude to other flying guests. Most people are very understanding about babies--I would hope.

I think gate checking the stroller will work best! And of course I would not put my son in the stroller while holding up a line of 100+ people. I like to deplane last for that reason. Thanks for all your tips/help. Can't wait to go!! :)

Please don't take offense, but I was really just wanting to find out about checking a stroller...I didn't really ask for opinions about how much luggage people should take on the plane.

Carry-on luggage is allowed by the airlines and I don't think anyone should get uptight about the security when people do bring their things on the plane.

BTW...as I mentioned previously, I would rather check my luggage than take it on the plane, and I've convinced my husband to do that. That's just a matter of preference for me, but I'm not going to be upset at others who decide to board the plane w/ their suitcases.

Also...if I return w/ dirty laundry, I put it in a plastic bag. If they want to open it - that's their decision. I'm not going to spend my last day of vacation doing laundry.

I certainly don't mean to be mean in this post, so please don't get me wrong. I just didn't appreciate being accused of causing long delays for other passengers.

You can "wear" your child onto the plane, but the FA's are supposed to make you take him out of the carrier once you are seated. If he is a "lap child" you will not be allowed to keep him in the carrier for the flight; you'll have to take it off and hold him in your arms.

I don't think that anyone would count the carrier itself as an add'l carryon, however, because it is soft and can be folded up and shoved in a bag, or failing that , you could even sit on it.

Originally posted by Lora

BTW...as I mentioned previously, I would rather check my luggage than take it on the plane, and I've convinced my husband to do that. That's just a matter of preference for me, but I'm not going to be upset at others who decide to board the plane w/ their suitcases.

:D I think you are so right! You will have such a better flight without all the hastle! I really had the best flight this summer with not allowing the kids to bring their rolling suitcases on board! Finding places to put all that stuff and then getting it off the plane with the kids and then hustling to the next flight which usually is on another terminal or 15 gates away with tons of carry ons and three kids was such a nightmare. This trip, I had a purse and gate checked the stroller. Piece of cake travelling! (except when we got lost in Chicago and found outselves outside the secure area...well, that's another story!!!!:D )

You have one day left till you go to the most wonderful place on earth. Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy! Wish I was going too!!!!

I certainly don't mean to be mean in this post, so please don't get me wrong. I just didn't appreciate being accused of causing long delays for other passengers

No one has accused you of anything, we were just recounting occurances to us.
I can and does happen all too often, and in reality, causes a lot of delays. Please, don't take offense at something you have neither done or been accused of.

Sorry, I guess I was being too sensitive and taking the comments pesonally.

Sorry, I guess I was being too sensitive and taking the comments pesonally.

You have nothing to be sorry for, I can understand why you thought they were aimed at you, and I am truly sorry I did not word them better.

I am very happy your DH has changed his mind and you will be checking the baggage, it will relieve a LOT of stress and stress is the last thing you need anytime, but, most especially on vacation.

Here's hoping you have a GREAT vacation and a lot of fun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter