Talk Tieks to me...

Ariel Wanna-be

“And when my time is up, have I done enough?”
Do you love them? Regret purchasing them? Have multiple pairs? I've been eyeing this pair for a while, but I can't make myself pull the trigger. That is a LOT of money for a pair of ballerina flats.

upload_2018-3-23_18-6-30.png

If you have a pair, would you buy them again?

I was in the same boat. We got a huge tax refund and I pulled the trigger. I hated them :-( My big toe was pushing so hard through the top of the shoe that it looked stupid and was quite uncomfortable. I sent them back the same day. I wanted to love them but I’m also kinda not sad I don’t because I would have wanted all of them!

Agree with pp, I had been eyeing them for a while but was waiting for the poppy to come back into stock. Once they did I ordered a pair and they were quite uncomfortable, I thought maybe they were just too small so I exchanged for the larger size and they were still very uncomfortable, plus there was a lot of toe cleavage that I do not like. Their CS was really good though.

You all read my mind! I have been considering them for a while and almost pulled the trigger on Tuesday. I did not buy them since I can't try them on. I feel like it's silly to pay that much for a pair of shoes but they are cute and have a cult following.

I looked at them online once, but I couldn't get past the price! There's hardly anything to them and they look like they have zero support. I'm sure you can find something similar for much less money that you can actually try on.

Same! I haven't been able to convince myself to buy them yet, but I want to try them so much!!

I bought a pair and they were very uncomfortable. I exchanged them for a larger size and the new pair was terrible as well. Never again.

I have four pairs of Tieks and find them generally pretty comfortable, although not as life-changing as their website would make you think. I've found that because they're handmade their sizing differs a bit from pair to pair so you really have to try several pairs until you get one that fits you right. But they are very, very cute, look great with dressy outfits and workwear, and are an acceptable way for me to look really put together without having to wear heels. They're also super easy to travel with.

Oh - and for those who are considering buying them, I've found the patents to be MUCH more durable than the regular leather ones. They all hold up just fine, but you have to be super careful about not getting the regular leather ones wet - I have the poppy color, and every time they get a spot of water it totally shows up. The patent ones don't do that, and although I wouldn't wear them in a rainstorm I don't mind if it's slightly wet outside. I need to buy a size larger in the patents than I do in the regular because they don't stretch.

I am in my Tieks just about everyday and I find them to be super comfortable. I have taken mine on all kinds of trips and small vacations and they have been great for all day wear (sadly not Disney yet though). I started with a classic pair and then grabbed a pair of the neon patent for something different and fun - here's hoping I can put them to the Disney test this Summer!

Are you interested in them because they fold up or are you looking for a comfortable ballerina flat? I just purchased a pair of Clarks Gracelin Lola flats and they are not frumpy at all and they make my foot look good. I purchased these from Amazon.

I also bought a pair of Born Julianne floral flats in pink metallic and they are wonderful as well.

All of these have more padding and support than cheaper flats do and are very comfortable.

I have a pair and love them. I went with just the matte black so it was versatile shoe. Figured if I was spending this sort of money on ballet flats I wanted to be able to wear with everything. I don't have multiple pairs yet, but would not a couple more in a fun color.

I have heard of people wearing all day to the parks, they aren't that comfortable for me. I work in an office but about 25% of my day is going to different departments. They are perfect for work because they look decent yet comfy enough to do the little bit of walking. They are also great for traveling as pack up small and look good to change into at night.

I have two pairs, cobalt and matte black. While they are super comfortable, they are not as durable as I would have hoped. I do wear them daily, but I didn't expect to have wear and tear on them so quickly (just months after I bought them). Having said that, they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I will likely invest in another pair or two just because they are the only shoes I wear to work anymore. I'm probably going to look into patent because I would like for them to last a little longer.

As for sizing, I ordered my exact size and they fit perfectly. I was also really surprised by the customer service, they reached out to me after my order, again after they were shipped and then after I had received them to see how I liked them.

I have wanted a pair for years but can't get past the $175! I just ordered a pair of Minnetonka's Anna flat which is almost a knock off. :laughing: They were only $50. I love Minnetonka so I'm hoping they're very comfy.

I have two pair and absolutely love them! They are black and camel color. I will say the second pair was not as comfortable as the first. The cut was a little different. I wore them in the house a few times and then returned them for another pair, same size. The next pair came back a perfect fit. I wore them everyday when we went to Europefor a few weeks and my feet never tired of them. I have had the black pair for two years and wear them constantly; they are still good as new.

I wanted to love them. I bought a pair but they were too small... sent them back. I didn't even try the bigger size mostly because of the cost. I just wanted to love them immediately and when that didnt happen I gave up on them.

I have some Tieks. They are just alright. They are very soft and don't rub anywhere which is the best thing about them. The worst things about them are the durability and the fact that for me, they are just too flat. I have tried a ton of "comfort" dress flats at all price points. Tieks probably fall in the middle of them (in both pricing and my personal rating).

My daughter loves Tieks. She wears them mostly to work. She has several pairs, in different colors. She doesn’t love the price though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter