Talk to me about David’s DVC rental

We are planning to rent next year through David’s. I am splitting the room w my brother who lives in a group home and will need detailed receipts for room and dining plan. What are the receipts like that come from David’s?

We've rented through Davids before without issue. Only thing I've found is you do need to rent well ahead of time if you need specific or common requests

Do the Chase Freedom and/or Sapphire Preferred CC offer travel insurance that would cover David's DVC Rentals? I tried to comb through the benefits guide, but couldn't decipher whether these would be covered or not.

Big risk but big reward. The risk is that its pre-paid and if anything at all happens and you cant get go, your money is gone. Reward is you can get some pretty awesome resorts for almost half price. I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. They made it so easy.

Can I piggyback with some questions of my own? Other than not having housekeeping, is there anything else I would miss out on if I rented points? Can I still take DME from the airport to the resort? Do I still get Magic Bands?

Thank you.

Can I piggyback with some questions of my own? Other than not having housekeeping, is there anything else I would miss out on if I rented points? Can I still take DME from the airport to the resort? Do I still get Magic Bands?

Thank you.
Yes, you can get DME but it should be booked for the renter by the owner. You still get MBs with a DVC reservation. Just link the reservation in you MDE account and then customize the MBs there like you would with any Disney cash reservation.

Thank you.
You can book your own DME, you don't need to bother with a second party doing it. This from the Disney web site....

Pre-Arrival
Read this important information regarding booking Disney’s Magical Express and packing for your vacation.

Reserve Disney's Magical Express with the booking agent for your Walt Disney World hotel reservation or when you make your Disney Resort hotel reservation online or over the phone.

U.S. and Canada Reservations: (407) 939-1936

We have often called the 407 number and set up DME, just have your flight information and reservation number available.

You can book your own DME, you don't need to bother with a second party doing it. This from the Disney web site....

Pre-Arrival
Read this important information regarding booking Disney’s Magical Express and packing for your vacation.

Reserve Disney's Magical Express with the booking agent for your Walt Disney World hotel reservation or when you make your Disney Resort hotel reservation online or over the phone.

We have often called the 407 number and set up DME, just have your flight information and reservation number available.
Thank you!

Pre-Arrival

DVC members' dues pay for their share of DME. When you bypass the owner, you mess up the accounting system. Owners need to book DME thru the link on the DVC Member website. Renters are made aware that they need to go thru the owner when they sign their rental agreement. Please don't work around them even though it is possible.

His company is great to work with. They had discounted points at $9 so we decided to do a last minute trip and it was a great experience with them.

Pre-Arrival

Doesn't apply since a DVC rental is not considered a hotel reservation

Just want to say, I have rented DVC several times just through the disboards rental forum and never have had a problem. I think its expensive to rent through David's.

Especially now that you can link your reservation in MyDisney Experience, I feel it's safe. Although, I don't rent from people with hardly any posts on disboards and a few other things I do.

Pre-Arrival

With David's you do need to email them and have them set up the DME reservations. It tells you such in the contract that they send you. Since I'm not the owner of the points, Guest services wouldn't even discuss anything on the reservation with me when I called, much less make a reservation for DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter