Tambu Lounge

CCBMama

Earning My Ears
I’m wanting to do a semi monorail bar crawl for my birthday in September on a Wednesday. Start at Grand Floridian and end at Polynesian for Tambu Lounge. I really want the noodles, potstickers and bread pudding from Tambu Lounge. Am I crazy to think I’ll find 3 seats around 6:30? And if you sit at a table and not at the bar, does a server come to your table or do you have to order at the bar? Im planning for Tambu lounge to be our “dinner” that night. I don’t want to commit to Ohana because of the price and the amount of food. But I’m wondering if I just make reservations for ohana so we aren’t waiting for a seat at Tambu lounge forever. Any insight would be great. Thank you!

I love that idea, how fun! I think it's really just hit or miss given some people are eating and some are only waiting and grabbing a drink or two. The only time I've really not seen a good bit of people at Tambu is around opening until 5ish but once people are waiting around for their ohana reservation, it can get crowded but it seems that tables open quickly since it's a lounge and most guests are just ordering a drink or two. Yes, when we were there last April, the servers came to us, we didn't sit at the bar. If you don't mind waiting a bit and have had some snacks along the way, you should be fine even if you have to wait a little. But if you are not in a waiting mood, you could start at Tambu and work in reverse. I am with you on the bread pudding and food though, good choices!

I agree with PP - it's just hard to predict what the wait time will be for a table and with people waiting to get into 'Ohana, those tables get crowded early. What are your plans for the other resorts? Just drinks? If so, maybe start at Poly earlier for dinner and end at CR?

I love that idea, how fun! I think it's really just hit or miss given some people are eating and some are only waiting and grabbing a drink or two. The only time I've really not seen a good bit of people at Tambu is around opening until 5ish but once people are waiting around for their ohana reservation, it can get crowded but it seems that tables open quickly since it's a lounge and most guests are just ordering a drink or two. Yes, when we were there last April, the servers came to us, we didn't sit at the bar. If you don't mind waiting a bit and have had some snacks along the way, you should be fine even if you have to wait a little. But if you are not in a waiting mood, you could start at Tambu and work in reverse. I am with you on the bread pudding and food though, good choices!
Thank you for your reply! I’ve considered starting at Poly, but we are staying at GF and I was hoping to start there. But maybe we can just end there. I guess worst case we just grab a drink at Tambu Lounge and wait until something comes available so we can get our food!

We are wanting to do something similar…
Are there any drinks at Tambu that are particularly good or fun to get?

I’m wanting to do a semi monorail bar crawl for my birthday in September on a Wednesday.
Just did something like that at beginning of august. Started at Poly-no issues finding 2 spots at bar around 730 ish. We didn’t eat as we ate beforehand
100%. Was so good!

We ended up at Contemporary right before fireworks time so grabbed drinks at bar and ran to catch the show 37D8385F-A87E-4B20-BA37-C39D691BED7B.jpegE18CF996-EBAD-4AC1-BDE3-B9F3A213726E.jpeg
Then ended at Mizer Lounge with friends and family. Was fun night!

After fireworks, the bars on the monorail loop CLEAR OUT...(in my experience) If you're able to wait til a little later for those amazing potstickers, noodles, and bread pudding, you will easily get a seat at Tambu after fireworks are over. On a wednesday in the least crowded month of the year, though, you may be in luck to find a seat prior to then!

I’m with you, I would want to end at Tambu, as I wouldn’t want all that food at the start. There are also couches and seating in the area outside Tambu. We have always found someplace to sit within 10 minutes or so by stalking tables where people look like they are finishing. Then we hover over them and stare at them, LOL. If push came to shove, there is also the patio outside Sam’s, and you could get Tambu to go.

We are literally at Tambu lounge right now. Arrived at 6:30 and was seated immediately. It's 7:30 and now there is a line to be seated. Service is great! Ohana noodles are okay. Pot stickers are pretty good. The view is nice!

Do they have “to-go” containers? I will be going solo in 2 weeks and really want to try the potstickers, wings and noodles. Of course I want bread pudding, but there is no way I could finish it all in one sitting

Do they have “to-go” containers? I will be going solo in 2 weeks and really want to try the potstickers, wings and noodles. Of course I want bread pudding, but there is no way I could finish it all in one sitting
Yes they do, however last time I went I asked for the noodles 'to go'. The bartender said they don't do the food 'to go' and they are not a grab and go kind of location. He seemed kind of annoyed that I asked. So I had to order the food, have it delivered to my table and then ask for a 'to-go' box from my server.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but that is what happened to us in the past year.

Yes they do, however last time I went I asked for the noodles 'to go'. The bartender said they don't do the food 'to go' and they are not a grab and go kind of location. He seemed kind of annoyed that I asked. So I had to order the food, have it delivered to my table and then ask for a 'to-go' box from my server.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but that is what happened to us in the past year.
Boxing it up yourself is typical. DW TS restaurants and lounges will bring the food to your table and then you'll have to ask for a to go container and pack it yourself even if you've already told them you want it "to go."

You can place a go go order in the App from Kona. They have the pot stickers and wings.
I just checked the app and they have the bread pudding!

We do this often when staying at poly and gf. It’s nice to Oder when leaving a park and show up and grab it and head to your room.

They put orders on a counter to left of entrance to restaurant just right of the Kona Island bar. You can grab a dessert or drink from there too.

Boxing it up yourself is typical. DW TS restaurants and lounges will bring the food to your table and then you'll have to ask for a to go container and pack it yourself even if you've already told them you want it "to go."
It depends on the restaurant. We have ordered Steakhouse 71 and Sanaa to go before. They package it up for you and you just grab it. Super convenient.

You can place a go go order in the App from Kona. They have the pot stickers and wings.
I just checked the app and they have the bread pudding!

We do this often when staying at poly and gf. It’s nice to Oder when leaving a park and show up and grab it and head to your room.

They put orders on a counter to left of entrance to restaurant just right of the Kona Island bar. You can grab a dessert or drink from there too.
Awesome. Thank you. I'll look at this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter