Tan and rested and alone (Almost!) – An August 2015 Solo TR - UPDATE 11/14 WRAP UP - TR COMPLETE

Favourite Park

That's the easiest one to answer.

I think this was partly due to all the boarding that is up for Pandora, but mainly it was the heat. This park is just too damn hot.

Funny but everyone says that and I just didn't notice.
I mean it was hot everywhere.
I wonder if I had gone there after some of the other parks if I would've noticed?

Favourite Ride

Well if you’ve read this you’d know the answer to this one straightaway. It’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

::yes::

I only managed to ride it three times this trip and only during the day time so next time I’m there I’m going to have to make sure I ride it at night and at least 10 times ::yes::

Again... ::yes:: You and me both!

And Fantasmic! was definitely the worst out of the three.

Agreed. Although after having seen it again and knowing what it was ahead of time, I didn't mind it at all this time.

Favourite Character Meet

This one is easy for me since in the last two trips I've had exactly one M&G each time! :laughing:

Favourite Snack

I’m going to have to go with the King cupcake from Everything Pop

Still bummed that I didn't notice this when I was there.

And of course then inevitable happened. The fake trip suddenly sounded so awesome in my mind that it just had to become reality!

What?

Woot!

So I’m coming back to WDW :woohoo:. I’ll be spending two whole weeks at WDW in Oct/Nov next year including my first Disney cruise! If you’re interested I’ve started a PTR (I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR) to plan this mega trip so feel free to follow along or to offer advice on all the mistakes I’m making in planning ;)

Heading over there now. Didn't know you had one going!

Excellent summary!

Thank you.

Well, I'd award that currently to HS. I'm a little worried for March, as to what will be left there. Seems strange to me how AK can be hotter than any other park - I don't think it's in a different seasonal zone... But, I do enjoy strolling slowly, so I don't mind a bit of extra warmth.

I'm positive that HS will overtake AK when it comes to the boarded up stakes very soon - but I still enjoy the rides there more than I do at AK.

And I think it's all the greenery which actually makes AK hotter as it traps the heat in.

Cool, I can see the appeal. I love Peter Pan, but I'm lame.

That's not lame - it's a classic!

I'm going to give 7DMT another try, Dinosaur broke down last time I was there, so I fear I must do it again as well.

Look I'll ride them again I'm sure but I wouldn't do them without an FP - the lines are way too long compared to the enjoyment level.

Those historians are absolutely great! I have been using the knock knock joke every now and then. (Knock knock. Who's there? Nicole. Nicole who? Nicole never bothered me anyway!) See, more lameness. But in a good hearted way.

I just loved them - and it seemed to me that the only reason any of the dads in the room were enjoying themselves was because of their humour.

I'm a Wishes girl. But that's because I love the musical montage.

Well if you're a wishes girl I'd definitley recommend watching them from inside the castle - it was pretty spectacular.

I'm going to go once more, but for lunch. My hopes are not incredibly high though.

I'll probably go for lunch too but my expectations will be well and truly managed.

Atta girl! :cool1:

That's not what my bank account is saying :rotfl:

That's the easiest one to answer.

I'm sure there are some people who answer differently - I've just never met one :laughing:

Funny but everyone says that and I just didn't notice.
I mean it was hot everywhere.
I wonder if I had gone there after some of the other parks if I would've noticed?

Well it was my first park and nothing else lived up to the heat there.

Again... ::yes:: You and me both!

I hadn't thought about riding it at night until I read your TR! I'm going to ride it's cousin Big Grizzly Mountain in HK as many times as possible in about 8 weeks time!

Agreed. Although after having seen it again and knowing what it was ahead of time, I didn't mind it at all this time.

That's probably true - going in with more realistic expectations may make it more enjoyable next time.

This one is easy for me since in the last two trips I've had exactly one M&G each time! :laughing:

You need to branch out more - maybe try some of the land based princesses...

What?

Woot!

I know right? party:

Heading over there now. Didn't know you had one going!

I'll be waiting...

Well it was my first park and nothing else lived up to the heat there.

All right. So maybe that's it. We just weren't aclimatized yet.

I hadn't thought about riding it at night until I read your TR! I'm going to ride it's cousin Big Grizzly Mountain in HK as many times as possible in about 8 weeks time!

So... here I am. Jealous.

It's not pretty.

You need to branch out more - maybe try some of the land based princesses...

Okay! I can't wait until they all start wearing sea shells!

That is what you meant, isn't it?

I really enjoyed your trip and dining reports, and big thunder mountain is my favorite ride. It has all the charm of a true Disney ride, plus it's a fun coaster, esp if you sit in the back of the train ;). Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us!

I've enjoyed reading your trip report - thanks again for sharing! See you in your pre trip report!

So... here I am. Jealous.

It's not pretty.

I promise to take lots of pics for you if that will make you feel better.

Okay! I can't wait until they all start wearing sea shells!

That is what you meant, isn't it?

Well if you think about it Jasmine's outfit is not much more than a pair of seashells...

I really enjoyed your trip and dining reports, and big thunder mountain is my favorite ride. It has all the charm of a true Disney ride, plus it's a fun coaster, esp if you sit in the back of the train ;). Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us!

Thank you for reading!

I've enjoyed reading your trip report - thanks again for sharing! See you in your pre trip report!

Thank you and I'll see you back over in the PTR!

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us. I am glad to hear you are doing your big birthday trip next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter