Tan and rested and alone (Almost!) – An August 2015 Solo TR - UPDATE 11/14 WRAP UP - TR COMPLETE

Chapter 23.jpg
I decided to take one more form of transport towards my next FP (well some of the way with a massive detour) – and that would be the Liberty Belle riverboat. Really this was a way to fill in time and to cross one more attraction off my list. It’s really relaxing to ride and a great way to see the other side of my favourite ride although it is probably a touch too long.

Optimized-20150820_095641.jpg

After getting off in Liberty Square I made my way back across the park and back into Tomorrowland. That’s right I had a FP with Space Mountain. No wait that’s not right. I had a FP with Buzz. No still not quite right. I had a FP for the Tomorrowland Speedway. That’s more like it. I know it’s crazy to have a FP for this but I was trying to ride things that I hadn’t ridden earlier this week on my last day and this fit the bill. The FP was actually useful in that I didn’t have to stand as long trackside which reflects the heat to a stupidly hot extent. Anyways, I boarded my vehicle, drove terribly slowly (and terribly in general) and then made my back into the pit stop.

Optimized-20150820_103337.jpg

I was starting to get hungry so what better treat to have after a grand prix than a Mickey Bar. My first for the trip. And also my last. I really didn’t get the fuss over these – team Dole Whip over here. But another item on my to do list was checked off

I then had a date with Emperor Zurg. And I was going to smash my score from the previous two attempts. How? I don’t know but gosh darn I was confident I could do it. I put my game face on and helped Buzz defend the galaxy. And I was rewarded for my effort. That’s right I did a lot better this time – although I’m determined to beat again next time I ride.

20150820_112918.jpg

After than intergalactic effort I criss-crossed across the park again and made my way to Frontierland. It was time for some lunch so I wandered down to the Golden Oak Outpost for what ended up being one of my favourite meals of the trip - waffle fries! These are amazing and I'd highly recommend them to everyone.

Optimized-DSCF0269.JPG

After the deliciousness I made my way into Adventureland. I still hadn’t said hello to some old feathered friends this trip and I had to make it right. So into the Enchanted Tiki Room I went. I love this attraction – probably mostly for nostalgia but also the music. It’s such an earworm but in a good way unlike other earworms (I’m looking at you IASW).

20150820_113653.jpg

I still had half an hour or so before I had to head back to the hotel so I decided to add one more ride to the list and because it was literally at the exit of the Tiki Room Aladdin it was. It had a 30 minute queue (why???) but a quick check of MDE showed a FP available for right then so I grabbed that and walked straight on. There’s not much to say about Aladdin – it’s the same as all the other spinning rides out there like Dumbo, Triceratop Spin, Kang and Kodos – I’m guessing I would have enjoyed it more if I had my own Aladdin to ride with ;).

20150820_123039.jpg

I then left Adventureland for one last walk down Main Street. I had just enough time to do some last minute souvenir shopping and decided on a photo album as it would be an actual useful souvenir. And with that I took on last glimpse of the castle and then turned around and left the Magic Kingdom for the final time.

DSCF0270.JPG

I made my way to the bus stop and was on a bus back to Pop in no time at all.

DSCF0275.JPG

DSCF0276.JPG

Next – So many reasons for tears...

Last edited:
I decided to take one more form of transport towards my next FP (well some of the way with a massive detour) – and that would be the Liberty Belle riverboat.

I've never been on it.
Maybe someday if I go and actually have time to spare...

So probably never.

That’s right I had a FP with Space Mountain. No wait that’s not right. I had a FP with Buzz. No still not quite right.

You're easily confused, ain'tcha

I had a FP for the Tomorrowland Speedway.

What?

I know it’s crazy to have a FP for this but I was trying to ride things that I hadn’t ridden earlier this week on my last day and this fit the bill.

You could've just stopped typing after "I know it's crazy"

Anyways, I boarded my vehicle, drove terribly slowly (and terribly in general) and then made my back into the pit stop.

But did you enjoy it? Or did you regret it? or???

I was starting to get hungry so what better treat to have after a grand prix than a Mickey Bar.

Sure. Hot track, hot driver, cool treat.

My first for the trip. And also my last. I really didn’t get the fuss over these – team Dole Whip over here.

::yes::

But another item on my to do list was checked off

That's pretty much how I feel about it.
Glad I finally got to try one. And it really hit the spot since we were so hot.
But yeah. Gimme a Dole whip float any day.

I then had a date with Emperor Zurg.

Should I be jealous?

And I was rewarded for my effort. That’s right I did a lot better this time – although I’m determined to beat again next time I ride.

Whoa! That's a pretty darned impressive score!

I wandered down to the Golden Oak Outpost for what ended up being one of my favourite meals of the trip - waffle fries! These are amazing and I'd highly recommend them to everyone.

I heard about those and even asked Kay if she wanted to try them
(she said no)
But now I'm going to have to make sure I do, next time.

It’s such an earworm but in a good way unlike other earworms (I’m looking at you IASW).

and because it was literally at the exit of the Tiki Room Aladdin it was.

Oh, Lord. Not Aladdin.

When the DDs were 4 and 8.... seven times in a row.

Seven. Times.

It had a 30 minute queue (why???)

Because the wee ones love it and it's a slow loading ride.

I’m guessing I would have enjoyed it more if I had my own Aladdin to ride with ;).

Sorry, next time you come, let me know and I'll....

Wait. You didn't mean me, did you.

20150820_123039-jpg.131923

Very pretty. With the perfect shirt, too.

I then left Adventureland for one last walk down Main Street.

That's so sad.

And with that I took on last glimpse of the castle and then turned around and left the Magic Kingdom for the final time.

Okay. Sadder.

Next – So many reasons for tears...

Awwww.... poor 'lil thing!

I've never been on it.
Maybe someday if I go and actually have time to spare...

So probably never.

What if you pretended it was actually a naval vessel and that you were Eric - maybe you could get Ariel's attention that way...

But did you enjoy it? Or did you regret it? or???

Enjoy is a strong word. It was fine. And you can never really regret doing something in Disneyworld can you? I mean doing anything at Disney is better than being at work (and I'm even including Figment in that!)

That's pretty much how I feel about it.
Glad I finally got to try one. And it really hit the spot since we were so hot.
But yeah. Gimme a Dole whip float any day.

I'm yet to try the float - it's on my to do list for next trip (although I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get the one that is served with coconut rum :P)

Should I be jealous?

Extremely.

Whoa! That's a pretty darned impressive score!

I thought so until I read other TRs on here and people are getting perfect scores like it's no big thing :sad1:

I heard about those and even asked Kay if she wanted to try them
(she said no)
But now I'm going to have to make sure I do, next time.

I'm guessing you have access to the real deal up where you live though so it may disappoint in that respect. But they also come in a BLT version which has me intrigued.

Oh, Lord. Not Aladdin.

When the DDs were 4 and 8.... seven times in a row.

Seven. Times.

Did you get some sort of ribbon at least for doing that?

Because the wee ones love it and it's a slow loading ride.

I couldn't believe how slow it was to load - I seriously questioned the collective intelligence of Disney goers - How hard is it if they say you're number 6 to stand on the spot marked 6???

Sorry, next time you come, let me know and I'll....

Wait. You didn't mean me, did you.

Well you are a married gentleman.....

That's so sad.

Okay. Sadder.

Awwww.... poor 'lil thing!

I know right?

What if you pretended it was actually a naval vessel and that you were Eric - maybe you could get Ariel's attention that way...

Nah. I'd just ponder my navel.

Enjoy is a strong word. It was fine. And you can never really regret doing something in Disneyworld can you? I mean doing anything at Disney is better than being at work

This is a truism, I believe.

(and I'm even including Figment in that!)

Whoa!

I'm yet to try the float - it's on my to do list for next trip (although I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get the one that is served with coconut rum :P)

Nope! Nope. Nope. Nope.
pkondz does not do anything coconut.

Extremely.

Am.

I thought so until I read other TRs on here and people are getting perfect scores like it's no big thing :sad1:

See I disagree. There's a couple of spots that if you hit them will give you the max score.
But coming close to it means you hit a lot of high value targets.

At least that's the way I see it.

I'm guessing you have access to the real deal up where you live though so it may disappoint in that respect. But they also come in a BLT version which has me intrigued.

Not that I know of. Although, from the picture, it does look like poutine.
Which we do have a-plenty.

Did you get some sort of ribbon at least for doing that?

I got seriously sick of that ride.

I couldn't believe how slow it was to load - I seriously questioned the collective intelligence of Disney goers - How hard is it if they say you're number 6 to stand on the spot marked 6???

This is Disney goers we're talking about.

Well you are a married gentleman.....

Oh, sure. Hold that over my head.

Hang on. I'm going to ask Ruby if it's okay if I go ride a magic carpet with a pretty young lass half my age...

She said sure.

She knows how inept I am.

- I really enjoy the peacefulness of this ride, and hope to go again at least once next trip. @pkondz, you don't know what you're missing. Well, since you are more adventurous (like scuba adventurous), maybe you do...

Oh, it's not that I don't want to do it, I do!
I'd like to ride and get a different perspective.

But a couple things have prevented it.
Either just no time, or as was the case last trip, I know Kay wouldn't care for it.

But it is on my list of things to still do at MK.

This is a truism, I believe.

I'm considering putting it on a t-shirt...

Nope! Nope. Nope. Nope.
pkondz does not do anything coconut.

Well I guess that will just mean more for me then :woohoo:

See I disagree. There's a couple of spots that if you hit them will give you the max score.
But coming close to it means you hit a lot of high value targets.

At least that's the way I see it.

I like your logic and shall steal it accordingly.

Not that I know of. Although, from the picture, it does look like poutine.
Which we do have a-plenty.

That's what I was referring to but obviously poorly. I am seriously considering a trip to Canada just for poutine at some point in my life - it contains my three favourite food groups - potato, cheese and gravy!

This is Disney goers we're talking about.
:rotfl2:

Oh, sure. Hold that over my head.

Hang on. I'm going to ask Ruby if it's okay if I go ride a magic carpet with a pretty young lass half my age...

She said sure.

She knows how inept I am.

Well if we're ever in the park at the same time I'll make sure to grab us a FP for a magic carpet adventure ;)

- I really enjoy the peacefulness of this ride, and hope to go again at least once next trip. @pkondz, you don't know what you're missing. Well, since you are more adventurous (like scuba adventurous), maybe you do...

It is definitely peaceful - although the boat is a bit a heat magnet for the florida sun!

-I don't think that anyone can drive well on this ride. I sprained a finger trying to help my daughter steer. Well, OK, it was actually a broken nail, but my feelings were very hurt!

:laughing:

-That's OK, I'll take your share of Mickey Bars.

You are more than welcome to them!
-
Just went to this attraction for the first time almost one year ago. I thought it was well done for the intended theme.

I may have the song as my ringtone.....

Well I guess that will just mean more for me then :woohoo:

You may have my share... forever.

That's what I was referring to but obviously poorly. I am seriously considering a trip to Canada just for poutine at some point in my life - it contains my three favourite food groups - potato, cheese and gravy!

Then come on over. We have a place called Smoke's Poutinerie.
I don't remember how many types of poutine they have... 30?
And nothing else on the menu.

Well if we're ever in the park at the same time I'll make sure to grab us a FP for a magic carpet adventure ;)

Oh, Lord. Well, if it's with you, it'd be worth it.

I still had half an hour or so before I had to head back to the hotel so I decided to add one more ride to the list and because it was literally at the exit of the Tiki Room Aladdin it was. It had a 30 minute queue (why???) but a quick check of MDE showed a FP available for right then so I grabbed that and walked straight on. There’s not much to say about Aladdin – it’s the same as all the other spinning rides out there like Dumbo, Triceratop Spin, Kang and Kodos – I’m guessing I would have enjoyed it more if I had my own Aladdin to ride with ;).

My husband absolutely refuses to sing romantic duets with me on Aladdin's Carpets...

Chapter 24.jpg

I arrived back at Pop at 1:20 and my DME to the airport was due to leave at 2:30. So what’s a girl to do if not grab one last bite of Disney food from Everything Pop while waiting. I contemplated grabbing another King cupcake but decided to try something new. This was not my smartest decision of the trip. I went with the apple turnover and it was dry and unpleasant – the King would have been a much better decision.

Optimized-20150820_142630.jpg

But still, it filled in time and just before 2pm I headed outside to wait for the bus. The driver for the 2pm bus was there and asked me what time I was meant to leave and then he said he had a spare seat so I may as well go with him now. So I did. I boarded the bus and off we went towards MCO.

And that’s when the tears started. I’m not usually a crier – in fact for years I didn’t cry at all, but as we got further and further away from Disney the tears began. Not all out bawling mind you, but the gentle kind of sobbing that occurs when you realise your dream trip is coming to an end.

20150820_154032.jpg

But enough about my emotions – we arrived at the airport and having pre-checked in back at the hotel I had plenty of time to kill. My flight wasn’t due to depart until 7pm so I had about four hours to explore MCO. I looked around the stores and made some last minute purchases at the Universal store (I collect postcards and hadn’t seen any in the parks but there were some here). I wasted 45 mins or so browsing the web (and reading the Dis – note not a good idea when you are already Disney level depressed to be leaving). At 5pm I decided to grab a bite to eat in the food court. With my appetite sated I decided to head towards the gates and enjoy the fun that is US airport security. Seriously – you guys take 10 times as long as anyone else and the shoe thing is just annoying.

But anyways eventually I made it through and after a quick detour to pick up some magazines for the flight I made my way down to the gate. Of course it was the very last gate which meant it was a bit of a trek. I was able to grab a seat next to a power point (score!) and began recharging my phone while waiting to board. At this stage I should have been boarding in about 30 minutes. And then it happened.

The rain came. Not a sprinkle. Not a shower. Not even a deluge. But biblical level. Enough rain that the roof eventually started leaking. And it wasn’t just rain, oh no, it was rain with lightening. And of course planes can’t do anything if there is lightening. So the delays began. At first they said it would be 20 minutes or so. At 20 minutes they said maybe another 10 minutes. After that they said they had no idea so sit down and wait. During this I was making friends with a three different business travellers who had all flown in to Orlando for work and who were trying to get back home. But they were used to delays – apparently this is pretty common for Florida. A little while later the airline bought out a snack and drink cart for everyone which was a nice touch. But we were still no closer to boarding. I felt really sorry for some fellow Aussies who were on the same flight as they were going to miss their connecting flight back to Australia.

Eventually around 2 and half hours behind schedule the lightening moved far enough away that we were able to start boarding (with the proviso that if it came back they would make us disembark!). Thankfully the airport gods had tormented us enough and we eventually took off. The flight itself was uneventful but instead of landing at 9:20 in Los Angeles it was after midnight, almost making it to 1am – thankfully my little brother is extremely nice and he still came out to pick me up at that godforsaken hour.

20150820_235127.jpg

We made it back to his house and I crashed into bed (it was after 4 Orlando time at this stage and I had been up since 6 so I was shattered!).

I had two days in LA before flying home so I checked out Santa Monica and Venice Beach for the first time and explored downtown LA on my last day.

20150821_105827.jpg

20150821_111645.jpg

20150821_120630.jpg

20150821_133856.jpg

20150822_112650.jpg

But eventually it was time to begin the long journey home. My flight departed LA on time at 11:25pm on a Saturday and for the first time ever I actually slept on a plane. And not just for 20 minutes or so. I got a full 7 hours sleep and missed a meal which tells you how exhausted I was. We arrived in Auckland on Monday morning at 7:15am so I missed out on having a Sunday!

DSCF0292.JPG

After another short wait it was time to board my final flight back to Australia. We left Auckland at 9:00 and landed in Sydney at 10:35. I had to wait almost 2 hours at the airport before I could catch the bus back to Canberra. At 12:30 we were on the road and at 4pm I was finally back in Canberra. A short taxi ride was all that was left between me and my home and eventually I made it back there and home to my puppy who had apparently missed me quite a bit!.

And that brings us to the end of this trip. I’m going to do an overall wrap up of the trip in the next post so stay tuned for favourites, worsts and everything in between.

Next - So this is it...

Sorry a little late getting here Ozgirl.
But after putting out my last update, I took a mini break from the DIS.
Just catching back up now.

I arrived back at Pop at 1:20 and my DME to the airport was due to leave at 2:30. So what’s a girl to do if not grab one last bite of Disney food from Everything Pop while waiting.

So that's what a girl does.
I wouldn't know. I can only speak for the guys.
Well.... this guy, anyway.

And what I do is curl up in a ball on the floor of my room and cry.
And not quietly, either.

This was not my smartest decision of the trip. I went with the apple turnover and it was dry and unpleasant – the King would have been a much better decision.

Always go with the King.

Which is what you called me in your last comment... :rolleyes1

The driver for the 2pm bus was there and asked me what time I was meant to leave and then he said he had a spare seat so I may as well go with him now. So I did. I boarded the bus and off we went towards MCO.

Normally, you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to leave Disney early...
But I actually get it.

Why prolong the pain of leaving. Just go!

And that’s when the tears started.

Awwww... poor li'l princess.

Not all out bawling mind you, but the gentle kind of sobbing that occurs when you realise your dream trip is coming to an end.

:sad1: :hug:

(I collect postcards and hadn’t seen any in the parks but there were some here)

Do you collect them only of places you've been?
I'd be happy to send you some.
Either mailed or in a package.

I wasted 45 mins or so browsing the web (and reading the Dis – note not a good idea when you are already Disney level depressed to be leaving).

Funny. I did the same thing.... and it actually helped to "chat" with people I knew and who I knew love Disney.

Seriously – you guys take 10 times as long as anyone else and the shoe thing is just annoying.

I know! So slow!
But I suppose they have good reason.

But anyways eventually I made it through and after a quick detour to pick up some magazines for the flight

I don't do that anymore.
Lots of flights now have wi-fi so I don't have to go through the embarrassment of buying those magazines anymore.

I was able to grab a seat next to a power point (score!)

The rain came. Not a sprinkle. Not a shower. Not even a deluge. But biblical level.

It doesn't count as biblical unless you seen an official ark sail by.

And of course planes can’t do anything if there is lightening.

Yep. The planes don't mind... it's the grounds-crews who get killed who mind.

After that they said they had no idea so sit down and wait.

Well, at least they're honest.
I think I prefer that to some arbitrary number they throw out to keep the wolves at bay.

But they were used to delays – apparently this is pretty common for Florida.

I can imagine.

A little while later the airline bought out a snack and drink cart for everyone which was a nice touch.

That is. We were delayed for.... I think it was six and a half hours in MCO. It too about four or five hours before they finally handed out vouchers.

We made it back to his house and I crashed into bed (it was after 4 Orlando time at this stage and I had been up since 6 so I was shattered!).

I hear ya. I do that on a weekly basis.
Well, I'm usually up a few hours longer, but still. I feel your pain.

I had two days in LA before flying home so I checked out Santa Monica and Venice Beach for the first time and explored downtown LA on my last day.

Nice! And thanks for the photos!

for the first time ever I actually slept on a plane.

I've never been able to do that.
Including after being up for over 24 hours straight.

And not just for 20 minutes or so. I got a full 7 hours sleep and missed a meal which tells you how exhausted I was.

Whoa! You were wiped out!

We arrived in Auckland on Monday morning at 7:15am so I missed out on having a Sunday!

So you're owed one. Best to get on a flight and go the other way again.

I made it back there and home to my puppy who had apparently missed me quite a bit!.

:goodvibes

I’m going to do an overall wrap up of the trip in the next post so stay tuned for favourites, worsts and everything in between.

Staying tuned!! :)

So that's what a girl does.
I wouldn't know. I can only speak for the guys.
Well.... this guy, anyway.

And what I do is curl up in a ball on the floor of my room and cry.
And not quietly, either.

I had no room at that stage so it wasn't an option.

Normally, you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to leave Disney early...
But I actually get it.

Why prolong the pain of leaving. Just go!

I'm glad someone understands.

Do you collect them only of places you've been?
I'd be happy to send you some.
Either mailed or in a package.

Thank you for the offer - but you were correct in your assumption - I do only collect them from places I've been. So hang on to them and it will give me an excuse to visit Canada!

I know! So slow!
But I suppose they have good reason.

But surely every country has the same reasons!

It's much quicker in Australia and that's with us being super scared of terrorism and the sort (you'll know this if you've watched our politics/news)!

Yep. The planes don't mind... it's the grounds-crews who get killed who mind.

See now you're making me feel bad...

I've never been able to do that.
Including after being up for over 24 hours straight.

This was the first time I've ever been able to do it - I'll probably be back to being awake for the entire flight next time I fly!

I had no room at that stage so it wasn't an option.

I know. When I said "my room", I meant the lobby.
It is so mine! At least until they drag me kicking and sobbing out of there.

So hang on to them and it will give me an excuse to visit Canada!

But surely every country has the same reasons!

Mmmm... yes... but not every country has had a 9/11.
So I totally get why they'd be a little shy.

It's much quicker in Australia and that's with us being super scared of terrorism and the sort (you'll know this if you've watched our politics/news)!

Nope. Sorry. Don't.
Let's put it this way... Watch much Canadian politics/news?

See now you're making me feel bad...

I know. When I said "my room", I meant the lobby.
It is so mine! At least until they drag me kicking and sobbing out of there.

Ah I see. So you're the person everyone tries to avoid making eye contact with as they're trying to pass over your crying body in the lobby?

Nope. Sorry. Don't.
Let's put it this way... Watch much Canadian politics/news?

I know you had an election recently and actually elected someone called Justin. :hyper:

Day 7 Wrap Up

Parks visited: 1
FPs used: 4
Favourite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favourite Show: Enchanted Tiki Room

Characters met: 0
Steps taken: 16,544
Miles/Kilometres walked: 12.59km
Calories burned: 2,108
Calories consumed: 1,801
Tears Shed: :sad:

thankfully my little brother is extremely nice and he still came out to pick me up at that godforsaken hour.

What a great little brother!

After another short wait it was time to board my final flight back to Australia. We left Auckland at 9:00 and landed in Sydney at 10:35. I had to wait almost 2 hours at the airport before I could catch the bus back to Canberra. At 12:30 we were on the road and at 4pm I was finally back in Canberra. A short taxi ride was all that was left between me and my home and eventually I made it back there and home to my puppy who had apparently missed me quite a bit!.

That is a lot of connections! :scared1:

Chapter 26.jpg

Alright it’s time to wrap this baby up by looking back at the highlights of this trip.

Favourite Park

I’m afraid there’s no contest here. It absolutely has to be Magic Kingdom. It has all the classics that you can find in other Disney parks across the globe plus unique things like New Fantasyland. It is all the good things about Disney in one place!

Optimized-20150818_075054.jpg

On the opposite end of the spectrum I’m going to have to say that Animal Kingdom was my least favourite. I think this was partly due to all the boarding that is up for Pandora, but mainly it was the heat. This park is just too damn hot.

Favourite Ride

Well if you’ve read this you’d know the answer to this one straightaway. It’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. To me this is the perfect ride and I will defend it until the day I die! I only managed to ride it three times this trip and only during the day time so next time I’m there I’m going to have to make sure I ride it at night and at least 10 times ::yes::

Optimized-DSCF0042.JPG

Least favourite ride is trickier – there are rides that are inherently terrible like Figment but I’m going to have to give it to two of the most overrated rides – Dinosaur and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Both are incredibly boring and unless I had a FP for them I would never bother lining up to ride them.

Favourite Show

This is a toss up between Festival of the Lion King (which I don’t know how anyone could not like) and the Frozen Sing-a-long at HS (not for the princesses but for the town historians – those guys were hilarious!).

Optimized-20150819_175140.jpg

I don’t have a least favourite show but I won’t be rushing back to Finding Nemo – it’s just missing something that the film had – heart maybe?

Favourite night time spectacular

Illuminations. It’s awesome and far less crowded than standing down Main Street to watch wishes. Wishes is good but I just thought Illuminations was better.

Optimized-DSCF1104.JPG

And Fantasmic! was definitely the worst out of the three. I do not understand the hype for this one and unless I was planning on staying until park close I probably woudn’t hang around just to see it.

Favourite Character Meet

This is a tough one and I’m going to have to split it between Merida and Tiana/Naveen. Both characters really inhabited their roles and interacted really well taking time to talk to everyone and making you feel special :thumbsup2.

DSCF0142_opt.jpg

Least favourite is easy – Elsa. I think I’ve explained why enough earlier in this trip report but all I keep thinking about it is that her handler really should have taught Elsa some basic pleasantries because she was clearly lacking that training.

Favourite Meal

Hands down Cinderella’s Royal Table. You cannot beat eating inside the castle, the interactions with the princesses were great and the food was some of the best I had all trip!

Optimized-DSCF0014.JPG

The least favourite is easy too – Be Our Guest for dinner. The atmosphere here does not make up for overpriced inedible food and terrible service.

Favourite Snack

I’m going to have to go with the King cupcake from Everything Pop but this is closely followed by the Dole Whip.

King.jpg

And on the other end of the spectrum is the Mickey Bar. I thought this was average gas station ice cream and the Mickey shape doesn’t outweigh the taste.

What’s next

So that concludes my first trip to WDW. As you can tell I had a great time. I had an amazing time but one week in Disney was nowhere near enough and I felt as though I’d only just scratched the surface.

So I got home after my trip and began writing this TR and my DR to keep the magic alive while I was stuck back at work in my cubicle :surfweb:. Which is all well and good until you’re over half way through each report and realise that it will be over sooner rather than later :eek:. I decided that to keep my spirits up I’d plan a fake trip just for fun. This kept me not only occupied but also in a Disney frame of mind.

And of course then inevitable happened. The fake trip suddenly sounded so awesome in my mind that it just had to become reality!

So I’m coming back to WDW :woohoo:. I’ll be spending two whole weeks at WDW in Oct/Nov next year including my first Disney cruise! If you’re interested I’ve started a PTR (I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR) to plan this mega trip so feel free to follow along or to offer advice on all the mistakes I’m making in planning ;)

Disney-Dream-Cruise-Ship.jpg

And with that this TR is done. And what better way to finish it off then with a song and dance number. Until next time folks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter