• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

taping over earrings for sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD was a club and HS swimmer. Wears a medi alert bracelet. Rule is to tape it to wrist to the point where it doesn't move and isn't exposed.

Now how a EMT would know there was a medi alert under athletic tape unless they are clairvoyant.

From what I was told by the state soccer ref in reference to the med alert bracelet is that it needs to be taped but not to cover the med alert part. I just ordered my DD 2 med alert sports bracelets.

Go to Claire's or some other tween/teen kind of jewelry store. They sell rubbery "earrings" that you can put in during sports to keep the hole cleanly open. Just explain what you want...they'll know what you mean.

Things have really changed we never did this as kids. But than again we never wore seatbelts. The old age adage... times are changing. I can see a reason for everything though.

Our sports leagues do not allow jewelry for any reason. At 8 weeks, the holes are not going to close over being out for an hour. It is for your child's safety that this is done. I wouldn't even try to tape them over. Not worth it if she gets hit in the head with a ball.

Tapping isnt allowed here. All three of my girls had their holes close up, and we scheduled the piercings so that they should've been okay.

String/Floss works great to keep piercings open for a short amount of time. Tried and true method I learned from cheer camp lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter