Target Gift Cards and Cancellation Question

Tallen234

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We are planning a trip to WDW this October. We learned about the Target gift card strategy and we understand that if the trip is cancelled, the refund will return to the gift cards. If this happens, is there anyway to cash out the gift cards or will we have to spend the refunded gift cards in the Disney world?

I spent five minutes looking for an answer to this question, so please be gentle if this is an obvious question. :-)

Thanks!

Yep only gift cards back if there is a cancellation. I wound up with a lot of $$ last year on gift cards due to a cancelled cruise.

Also, think it through, if you could buy gift cards, then get cash back then so much fraud would happen and blogs would be writing about how to hack this loophole.

Since you don’t have to pay off the reservation until 30 days before the trip, I would just wait as long as possible to buy the gift cards. No discount for buying them early, and by then you’ll have a much better idea of the trip will need canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter