Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dan Murphy

We are family.
First of all, do you like chocolate chip cookies? If so, do you prefer the crsip ones, or the soft, chewey ones?

If you like the crisp ones, have you ever heard of Tate's Bake Shop cookies? They are based out of Long Island, New York. Have you had them? If so, do you like them? Are they available by you?

Marie gets the once in awhile at the grocery store for a treat. They sure are good (great!); reminds me of the ones my mom used to make when I was a kid. Buttery, crisp, full of chocolate chips. They do have other products but we only have had their chocolate chip cookies.

If you have not had them and you like crisp chocolate chip cookies and you see them in the store, maybe give them a try.

1689881495920.png

Last edited:

Not really big on them, but have seen and heard of them. The founder of the company just started off with a basic recipe from a package of chocolate chips. There really is no big secret to making good cookies other than ingredients - real butter, real brown sugar, and trial and error. My understanding is that the current product is still made that way rather than using ingredients that might be amenable to mass production.

But the original was a matter of a partnership failure, where she started over again.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/787897696/tates-bake-shop-kathleen-king

There's something odd with the NPR article as it doesn't feature the audio, but I remember listening to it back in 2019. I think this has the original audio.

https://player.fm/series/how-i-built-this-with-guy-raz-2487524/tates-bake-shop-kathleen-king-2019

I was sold to Mondelez (Nabisco).

I bought a bag of their walnut chocolate chip cookies when we were on vacation. I enjoyed them, but not enough to buy them again.

I love chocolate chip cookies.....but I would rather bake them and have them hot out of the oven.
Never heard of that brand.

I’ve tried these a couple of times. They were ok, but I didn’t love them.

Right now I’m waiting for my wife to get back from Singapore - the only thing I’ve asked for is some Famous Amos cookies. For me, those are completely irresistible.

They were a little too crisp for me but not bad overall...I have always liked warm cookies, but love the chunky chips ahoy.
Tates are available at stores all around me (CT)

I’ve tried these a couple of times. They were ok, but I didn’t love them.

Right now I’m waiting for my wife to get back from Singapore - the only thing I’ve asked for is some Famous Amos cookies. For me, those are completely irresistible.
when I was growing up we had a store in town, delicious and the whole area smelled good. Bought some from the grocery store and yuck.

when I was growing up we had a store in town, delicious and the whole area smelled good. Bought some from the grocery store and yuck.
Yeah - I don’t buy the store packaged ones. In Singapore they still have the in-mall stores - between Famous Amos and Mrs. Fields there’s a cookie store almost every block it seems. Definitely a bad place to visit when you’re a diabetic. 😢

I also tried cookies from Wally Amos’s later business, and they still weren’t as completely addictive as the originals.

My daughter loves these. She prefers a thin, crispy cookie. I've been buying back to school food for some time now (when it's on sale). I only buy Tate's when they're on sale. Usually a BOGO at Publix. Already have some stashed away.

I live on Long Island so have known about these for years. I’ve had them, like them, but don’t love them. (Though I know a lot of people who do.) Not worth the premium price to me. My favorite store-bought chocolate chip cookie is actually another New York brand called Linden’s.

My daughter's favorite! They typically don't last long enough for me to get any, but I have enjoyed the few I've managed to snag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter