Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think it might be a bit of looking for stuff you can't get locally... I live in Singapore and I actively seek out Tate's cookies when I'm in the USA! Found them recently in a grocery store here and was so excited I bought a few packets of Tate's. One time I actually even ordered Tate's cookies online to be shipped from the USA to Singapore...

I do like the Famous Amos from their stores here though. Sadly no more Mrs Fields here to my knowledge though I do like Mrs Fields too. But if I had to choose a cookie store in Singapore I'd actually go for Ben's cookies (which are from the UK) - they recently returned to Singapore and I was ridiculously excited about this!
Too bad my wife’s already there … we could’ve arranged a cookie swap! 😁

I haven’t tried Ben’s. It’s been a few years since I’ve gone for a visit. I’ll have to have her bring some back to try.

Our local Mrs Fields closed down a few years ago also. Seems like they’re disappearing everywhere.

Too bad my wife’s already there … we could’ve arranged a cookie swap! 😁

I haven’t tried Ben’s. It’s been a few years since I’ve gone for a visit. I’ll have to have her bring some back to try.

Our local Mrs Fields closed down a few years ago also. Seems like they’re disappearing everywhere.
Ah yes that would have been nice! Is ok though I have a WDW trip coming up in a couple of months :)

Ben's cookies is in the Wisma Atria basement if she wants to look for it. I usually get a box of 7 and finish it over a few days... They're soft cookies though. The Ben's cookies store is actually located back to back with a Famous Amos store!

A local cookie store I really like is Whiskdom, which has a few stores including one in Orchard Road (that is on the 4th floor of a shopping mall and a little hard to find). As far as I know this is a local business so possibly a bit more unique to bring back! Another local cookie store is Nasty Cookie which is also good though my personal preference is for Whiskdom.

I was in Taiwan earlier this year and found a Mrs Fields there! I was quite excited and quickly bought a couple of cookies. Had been a few years since I saw a Mrs Fields anywhere...

Yep, good but pricey. I find it easier to indulge myself with the mini chocolate chip cookies from Costco, which are close, and a whole lot more affordable.

We have a locally-made cookie here that is also great for crisp cookie lovers: Dad's Oatmeal Cookies. They are plain oatmeal and brown sugar; not Snickerdoodle-style, and no raisins. Really delicious if you're an oatmeal cookie purist.

I'm a crisp-cookie lover in a family of gooey-cookie people. Either I make the cookies everyone else wants and I won't touch, or I indulge my own taste and listen to the rest of them gripe about how hard the cookies are. I can't win. (Mind you, they *eat* my cookies; they just make a production of the "huge chore" (10 sec in a microwave?) of warming them up first.))

My son is obsessed with the Gideon's Bakehouse cookies, but I took one bite and decided that I've got better things to do with my money and my time.

Last edited:
Never had butter crunch; seems like they are harder to find. AFAIK, they’re still sold only in the small packages of three cookies, mostly in delis and convenient stores, but I can buy a case at BJ’s. So good. :thumbsup2

Yes, I've only seen the small packages when I go to a deli. I have to keep a list in the back of my head, so that if I find them in one, the next time I go by that deli I can pick up some more.
watchdrama8jm.gif

Ah yes that would have been nice! Is ok though I have a WDW trip coming up in a couple of months :)

Ben's cookies is in the Wisma Atria basement if she wants to look for it. I usually get a box of 7 and finish it over a few days... They're soft cookies though. The Ben's cookies store is actually located back to back with a Famous Amos store!

A local cookie store I really like is Whiskdom, which has a few stores including one in Orchard Road (that is on the 4th floor of a shopping mall and a little hard to find). As far as I know this is a local business so possibly a bit more unique to bring back! Another local cookie store is Nasty Cookie which is also good though my personal preference is for Whiskdom.

I was in Taiwan earlier this year and found a Mrs Fields there! I was quite excited and quickly bought a couple of cookies. Had been a few years since I saw a Mrs Fields anywhere...
Thanks for the info! I’ll give my wife your tips and see how much searching she’s willing to do for me!

It looks like there are two Mrs Fields in Orlando. They have a store locator on their site. Surprisingly there are a ton of locations still in S. California. But only one left in Washington state. 😢

I'm a crisp-cookie lover in a family of gooey-cookie people. Either I make the cookies everyone else wants and I won't touch, or I indulge my own taste and listen to the rest of them gripe about how hard the cookies are. I can't win. (Mind you, they *eat* my cookies; they just make a production of the "huge chore" (10 sec in a microwave?) of warming them up first.))
My 6YO asked me to make some cookies for her one week - we always buy Tollhouse cookie batter(?) for simple warm cookies whenever she gets the craving. Normally she can eat a whole plate, leaving one or two for me. I prefer mine crunchy also, with the bottoms a little toasted.

After my daughter left almost the whole plate for me to finish, I found out she doesn’t like them crunchy, and really likes them as soft and gooey as possible. Now I’m gonna have to cook them using two baking sheets so we both can get what we want.

Tate’s cookies were the best before they were mass marketed, we used to buy them in NYC for $5 and once you opened the bag, you couldn’t stop eating. I used to bring them back for friends and my office. I was so bummed when they started to sell out of the mass market selling in the green packages, they are not the same at all!

Resurrecting this thread because I finally tried these cookies today and sorry I am NOT a fan. Maybe I got a bad batch but won't be buying them again.

Resurrecting this thread because I finally tried these cookies today and sorry I am NOT a fan. Maybe I got a bad batch but won't be buying them again.
Was the best by date soon? I only buy them when they have at least a couple of months or more until that date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter