• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taylor and McKayla go to WDW!! Taking a 7 and 2 year old . . in Aug!! Updated 6/23

junderwood99

Mouseketeer
I have been planning this trip for over 6 months now. I'm so excited that our 6 month countdown is almost here!! Tonight I tied DH to a chair to discuss ADR!! (JK) He isn't a huge planner like I am - but he understands the ADR process.

So, here we are! We will be visiting from Friday, August 20 - Sunday August 29th. When we first discussed the trip - it was going to be a little less than a week, considering YDD is only 2. But, with a great price and the small difference b/w 7 nights and 9 nights - here we go!! We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We're so excited since it's our first time at a Moderate! Last time we stayed at POP during Free dining and people we're absolutely nuts! Hubby said he would never stay at a value again! :cool1:

:cheer2:Me - Jennie (29) I am the overplanner of the family. I plan everything! I planned our previous trip in 2007 for over 18 months!! LOL For me, the planning is part of excitement of the trip. I am a 7th grade math teacher and love my job :teacher:- but I also love the vacation perks!! (Can't beat 10 weeks at summer!) So, this is way we have started our tradition of traveling to the world in August. Luckily, we are in western NY, so we can travel late in the month and beat some of the crowds (and hopefully receive FREE DINING!) The weather is hot - but we deal with it. We'd rather fight the heat than the crowds!

pirate:DH - Mike (29) We are high school sweethearts :lovestruc We met at 17 years old and haven't parted since. We are different in some ways - but that is why we are so good for eachother. He's more laid back and 'go with the flow' and I am the super over planner. But, after this many years we get each other and learn to complement each other's strengths!

princess:ODD - Taylor (7 in a few weeks!) Taylor is our first born. She has discovered her love of Disney. We sit and surf the web on a weekly basis for all things DISNEY! We took Taylor on her first trip to Disney when she was 4 years old. It was a great age! I'm so glad we can bring her back while she is still into princesses and characters. Many people says kids don't remember the trips! Well, my Taylor can prove them wrong! She remembers every little detail to our trip form 2007! She has the best memory!

princess:YDD - McKayla (Will be 2 in April) McKayla is our little peanut :) We got pregnant with her right after our last trip in 2007! (Must have been good luck :thumbsup2) She was born at 33 weeks and weight 3 lbs 9 oz. You would never know it by looking at her today! She's actually bigger than her sister was at the same age - but a few pounds!!! I can't wait to take her to Disney! She has been watching Playhouse Disney for months now and loves "The Mouse" and "Manny"!! (She's actually quite addicted to TV and would watch it all day if I let her!!) DH is worried about how our trip will be with her in tow - but I am trying to be optimistic! I do understand that I will be taking a 28 month old to Disney - but we'll figure it out and do what's best for us once we're there.

Here is a picture of all of us - sorry - its from last June :( We haven't had many family pictures taken since then! LOL
untitled.jpg

And, here are my two wonderful children

tandm.jpg

t.jpg

m.jpg

We have a weekly countdown that we've been using for about 3 months now! We take a week off every Friday! Taylor and I get so excited when we get to Fridays!!:yay:

On Sunday, I will be calling to for our ADR!!! So excited that time has come! We're not planning a ton of TS - I'll post our plan later this week.

Thanks for reading!! Considering I have become obsessed with the Dis Boards - I'll be back soon with some updates!!! In the meantime, does anyone have a trip report with a 2.5 year old?? Love to read other's experiences!

Chapters

Our Family Story
ADR's and Tentative Plan
Confirmed ADR's
Disappointing News
2007 Trip - Day 1
2007 Trip - Day 2
2007 Trip - Day 3

So, as I mentioned before DH and I are high school sweethearts. We started dating during my junior year and his senior year. We really are a perfect match - I keep things organized and he keeps me grounded :) We were engaged on Sept 1, 2001 in Boston, MA. It was a complete surprise to me and I was thrilled! We had planned to get married in July of 2003 - after I finished my degree in teaching. However, in July of 2002, God interfered with different plans. I was pregnant! In March 2003, we welcomed our first baby, Taylor, to the world. She was such a blessing. Here she is on her first Christmas:
25-presents3.jpg

With the birth of Taylor, we decided to wait until December to get married. On December 6, 2003 we were married. It was the most amazing day! With all of our family and friends - we had a blast! Here we are dancing one of our first dances with our baby :):
6-dancingwithmomanddad.jpg

For the next few years, we enjoyed being a young family of three. I completed my master's degree and my husband went back to school for Political Science. Here is one of my favorite pictures of Taylor as a toddler:
100_0370.jpg

(At the Zoo in our hometown)

In August 2007, we took Taylor to Disney. We had the most amazing time as a family! (I will post later with some of our 2007 trip pictures!)

In October 2007, we learned that we were pregnant with our 2nd daughter due in June. However, in April, I was diagnosed with Pre-eclampsia (again :( - I developed the condition at the end of my 1st pregnancy, but delivered at full term). This time, after a month on bed rest - in and out of the hospital - our little miracle baby was born on April 24th - 7 weeks premmature. At 3 lbs 9 oz, she was a very sick little girl. Here she is at 1 week old when Taylor was able to visit her:
IMG_2527.jpg

But, after a few weeks (that seemed like months), she grew stronger and healthier. Here she is just a few days before she went home:
DSCN2544.jpg

Going through this whole experience forever changed our family. Today, we are happy to say that we have a beautiful and healthy little girl. She is actually bigger than our oldest daughter at the same ages!!! Who knew our little preemie would turn out to be a 'chunker!"
Here are our girls from Christmas:
DSCN6623.jpg

(Out for dinner and Christmas lights!)
IMG_5073.jpg

They really love eachother!!! :santa::love:princess:

Coming up next - a recap of our 2007 trip to the world. How will our 2010 trip be different . . . . .?

So, considering that I overplan everything, I have been working on ADR's and daily plans since November! LOL We know that this trip will be different than our trips in the past with McKayla only being 2.5 years old. After much discussion, DH and I agreed on the following plan. (Note: DH LOVES the parks! He is ok with a small pool trip and DTD - but he would rather spend all 10 days at the parks if he could!! He's not much of a swimmer, especially since the pools are so hot in August, it's not really refreshing. He is also unsure about resort dining, since the transportation is a hassle. So, we've had to do some compromising . . .)

We arrive at MCO at 3:45 on Friday, August 20th. (We decided on booking direct flights for both trips - which is best since we're traveling with 2 young kids). Our plan is to check in and head to MK - they have EMH until 2 am!!! Now, Taylor (our oldest) will stay up until the sun comes up if we'd let her!! :happytv:LOL McKayla is also turning into a night owl in her own little way. However, I have absolutely no idea how she will react. At home, she is very busy and rarely has temper tantrums. (We're very lucky! :thumbsup2) But, I'm sure she will be over stimulated and out of sorts. So, hopefully, she'll nap on the plane (a girl can wish, right!!:laughing:) and we'll stay at the park as late as she can handle it! We'll probably grab QS at the hotel or MK for dinner that night. There will be too much excitement for a TS!

On our last trip, we had breakfast at CRT on our first full day at MK with ODD. However, DH mentioned that we'd probably not want to rush in the early AM this trip, if we plan on having late first night at MK. So, I'm hoping to get CRT breakfast reservation for later in the week.

So, for this first full day (8/21) our only TS will be Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I'm so bummed they no longer have characters - it was one of our favorite places on our last trip!

I'm going with a relaxed plan for this trip. Since I have no idea how McKayla will be - I'm only making ADR's for the places we REALLY want to eat. Then, we can just go with the flow for our other meals/activities (which totally goes against my usual planning!!)

So, here's my plan for ADR's for the trip:

8/20 - Arrival day (QS for dinner)
8/21- Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner
8/22 - Rose and Crown Pub (late dinner with hopes of outside seating for Illuminations!)
8/23 - AK (no TS so far)
8/24 - Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic Package
8/25 - Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast
8/26 - "Free Day" - No TS for the day yet
8/27 - Sci Fi for lunch and Hoop De Doo for dinner (So, excited - we've never been!)
8/28 - Chef Mickey's for Breakfast
8/29 - Departure Day :(

I really wanted to try Whispering Canyon Cafe, but DH wasn't into it and is unsure about trying a lot of resort restaurants. So, maybe next time! We're also interested in trying Italy for dinner, since it was closed last time. But, I'm not sure which day we're going to head back to Epcot. Do you think I'll be able to get a lunch/early dinner ressie once we're down there?

6 Months tomorrow! Yippe!!!

Anyone else headed down with a 2 year old or going in August?

This past Sunday was my ADR day. Yippee! :cool1: Now, DH thinks I am a crazy woman with all the planning. I reminded him Saturday night that I was going to be up early to make our ADRs. He pretty much rolled his eyes and laughed at my silliness! :rotfl2: First, the idea of planning meals 180 days in advance is crazy to him. He's more go with the flow - but he does understand that it needs to be done. He also knows that I am NOT a morning person. The fact that my girls wake me up at 8:00 am on weekends is a killer!!! So, when I said I was getting up at 6 am to making dining reservations, he thought it was pretty hysterical! :rotfl:

Well, Saturday night we had plans to meet up with a friend and her husband for dinner and drinks (while my mom babysat :yay:) We had planned to be home by midnight, but we ended up driving out to their house and get talking and talking. We didn't leave their house until 12:30 and still had a 35 minute drive home! So, needless to say, we walked in the door at 1 am!:rolleyes1 We talked with my mom for a few minutes and I put my ODD into her bed. Just as I laid down to sleep - around 2 am - my YDD wakes up!! She was up and ready to play!! Well, I had other ideas . . . namely, sleeping!!! So, by the time I got her back into bed, it was 3 am. I was hoping that she would sleep in until about 9 ish - but, that did not happen!! When the sun comes up, McKayla comes up! She was up at 7:45 am. Now, remember, I had planned to get up at 6 am for my ADR - but like DH figured - that didn't happen!! I was hoping that by the time I did them, I wouldn't have too much of a problem (silly mistake, right?) Well, I was so exhausted that morning, I totally forgot all about my ADR!!!! :eek:

I went out in the AM to get some groceries and a gift for my nieces' b-day that day. I got home at 11 am from shopping and was going to put YDD down for nap and lay down with her before the party. But, I then remembered about my ADRs!!! How, could I have forgotten! I've been waiting for this day for 6 months!!! So, did I take a nap??? NOPE - on the computer I got! I tried for CRT and Hoop De Doo first - knowing they would be the most difficult to get. Sure enough - the times I'd hoped for were STILL AVAILABLE!!! WOOHOO :banana: I knew I was pretty lucky - since those two locations are in pretty high demand. I continued with the rest of my ADRs online and called in my Fantasmic dinner package. Now, remember, DH is not too keen on 'resort dining'. He is all about the parks!!! We're going for 10 days - and he is planning on parks every day - all day!! (If he gets his way!!) We are not planning on water parks - we'd rather spend time at the pools at the hotel. So, here is the plan:

Friday, August 20th - Arrival at MCO at 3:45 - unpack at hotel - and head to MK with EMH until 2 am!!! (How late do you think YDD can stay up?? She is a night owl - but I think 2 am is pushing it - even at Disney!) No ADR today - we'll grab quick service at the hotel or MK.

Saturday, August 21st - My first plan was to book CRT. However, during one of the many ADR discussions with DH (which were many :)), he came up with a good point. We plan on staying fairly late at MK on Friday - as late as we think YDD can handle - I'm sure not 2am!! So, we probably won't be in the mood to wake up 'early' and rush for an ADR for breakfast. DH had a great point - so, we decided to push CRT off til the middle of the week. However, I did book Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner - yum! But, I am so disappointed that there are no characters anymore :(

Sunday, August 22nd - Today, we're planning on visiting Epcot for the day. I booked Rose and Crown for 7:50 pm - with hopes for an outdoor seat for Illuminations!

Monday, August 23rd - Animal Kingdom is on the agenda today. They do have EMH from 5 pm - 8 pm - but I'm not sure how long we'll stay at the park. Last time, we only stayed until the middle of the day. So, we'll see. I did make a tentative ressie at Italy for dinner at 6:35 pm. I'm not sure if we'll keep it, but I have it just in case.

Tuesday, August 24th - DHS is today! My planning worked out great, since today is also a Fantasmic night! So, I booked 'dinner' at Hollywood and Vine for 4 pm.

Wednesday, August 25th - Today we planned to come back to MK at some point. So, I decided it would be the best day for CRT!! We are not super early morning people and it takes us FOREVER to get ready, so I made our ressie for 9:30 am.

Thursday, August 26th -
Today is another park hopping day. Since we're taking a 2.5 year old (almost) - I know that we'll have to go with the flow for most of the trip and see how she (and her sister) do with the heat and excitement. So, I didn't plan anything for this day. We'll 'play it by ear' and decide later! (Which is really hard for me!! LOL)

Friday, August 27th -
Towards the end of the trip, I had a hard time deciding 'where' we'll be and what we'll want to do. So, I made a lunch ressie at Sci Fi at 12:50 pm and dinner at Hoop De Doo at the 7:15 pm showing. We love Sci Fi and don't mind eating lunch there, so if we need to change the date, I don't think it will be 'too' much of a problem, since its lunch. We've never been to Hoop De Doo - so I'm very excited to take the kids. We were between HDD and Mickey's BY BBQ. But, I was a little uneasy about the 'unstructuredness' of BBQ, so I went with HDD. Any thoughts?

Saturday, August 28th - Our last full day :( For one of our only resort dining options (aside from Hoop De Doo) - I booked Chef Mickey's. DH is not too sure - I tried to explain that it is on the MONORAIL - but he's still a little uneasy about 'venturing out'. He really cracks me up!! :rotfl2: But, I booked it anyways - whether he likes it or not. We've never been - which seems so crazy, since everyone raves about it! I booked us 8:30 am - since it is our last day, and we'll want to get in a full day of parks!!

Sunday, August 29th - Our flight home leaves MCO at 2:30 pm - so I imagine we'll hit MK once last time and say goodbye :sad1: and head off to the airport.

So, based on my previous post you can see that I got EVERY SINGLE ADR I was hoping for!! Which too me - is pretty awesome! I also got all the times I wanted. Considering it was 11:30 am - not too bad!!

Up next (as promised) - a recap from our 2007 trip! It was the best trip ever!!!
image11.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Got an email from Airtran today . . . they changed our flights!! Three weeks ago I booked us non stop flights from Rochester, NY to MCO. I was unsure about the flight home, because I wanted to stay as long as possible!! But, DH does not love flying and the fact we're taking a 2 year old, we decided non stop flights would be best for us.

So, our original flights were leaving Rochester at 1:00 pm and arriving at MCO at 3:45 pm on Friday, 8/20. Then, leaving MCO at 2:30 and arriving home at 5:00 pm on Sunday, 8/29. I was ok with the flight down, but was disappointed with the 'early-ness' of the flight home. So, they changed our flights to both departing around 4 pm and arriving around 7 pm. Which makes me happy about our trip home, but sad about our arrival at MCO. Tonight, I tried to convince DH to change to a one-stop flight, so we could leave earlier in the day. But, he isn't really going for it.

After I got thinking about it, it may be for the best anyways. With a later flight, YDD can take her usual 12-2 pm nap at home. Then, we can leave for the airport. This way, she'll get her nap in and may be able to stay at MK for EMH!!! (They're open till 2 am!) So, we'll see. We haven't made our final decision yet.

Ooh, awesome start. Your girls are beautiful! My twins were born at 32 weeks - and now the smaller one is in the 95th percentile of height. Go figure, right? :lmao:

The plans look great! Your DH sounds like mine - but mine has come around to appreciating all the planning, as he realizes that it helps makes the vacation go so well!

Good luck with the flights - what a pain.

Stopping by to say hello! I don't have time to write much but I'll stop by later!!!

Amanda

Ooh, awesome start. Your girls are beautiful! My twins were born at 32 weeks - and now the smaller one is in the 95th percentile of height. Go figure, right? :lmao:

The plans look great! Your DH sounds like mine - but mine has come around to appreciating all the planning, as he realizes that it helps makes the vacation go so well!

Good luck with the flights - what a pain.

Having a full term baby, then a preemie totally changes your outlook. We are so lucky to now have our two beautiful girls :) It is funny about how they grow. Our youngest is now bigger than our oldest at the same ages (by a few pounds!!)

I'm still working on the early flight with DH - not sure he's going to budge from the 4 pm direct flight out of Rochester. It probably is for the best (direct flight and after nap time) - but I want to get there as soon as possible!!! LOL

I took DD to WDW when she was 18 months old. And we took her to DLR when she was 6 months old and 2 ½ years old. We had a wonderful trip each and every time. Each trip had it’s own set of difficulties, but for the most part everything went pretty well. As far as my DD goes she was terrified of the costumed characters when she was 2 ½ so that was a pain, and she was a little scared of “some” of the darker rides such as POTC and HM, but she didn’t freak out , she would just hide her face and squeeze my arm.

Your kids are adorable. I love the picture of them hugging each other in your first post.

Your plans also look really great! Sounds like a fun time will be had!

We’re leaving in 2 days, so I’m soaking up as much DIS as I can before we leave. I’m going to attempt a LIVE trip report. Hope I can do it with a 3 ½ year old and a 2 month old.

I look forward to reading more of your ptr.

I took DD to WDW when she was 18 months old. And we took her to DLR when she was 6 months old and 2 ½ years old. We had a wonderful trip each and every time. Each trip had it’s own set of difficulties, but for the most part everything went pretty well. As far as my DD goes she was terrified of the costumed characters when she was 2 ½ so that was a pain, and she was a little scared of “some” of the darker rides such as POTC and HM, but she didn’t freak out , she would just hide her face and squeeze my arm.

Your kids are adorable. I love the picture of them hugging each other in your first post.

Your plans also look really great! Sounds like a fun time will be had!

We’re leaving in 2 days, so I’m soaking up as much DIS as I can before we leave. I’m going to attempt a LIVE trip report. Hope I can do it with a 3 ½ year old and a 2 month old.

I look forward to reading more of your ptr.

Thanks for the information! I'm trying to think of some of issues we may have with YDD before we go, so we're not surprised! We're taking a short weekend trip to Boston in April, so I figured that will be good 'practice' for her on vacation!! My plan is bribing her with lollipops!! Her favorite! Can't wait to read about your trip!! Have a great time - so jealous that you're going now!! :)

:wave2: Hello, I stumbled across your PTR. We will be going shortly after you. :goodvibes

I agree that part of the fun is planning!! We are taking DD for her visit this fall--to celebrate her 4th birthday. :goodvibes She remembers a lot from this past summer when we took her to visit the beach for the first time on a trip to NC and a camping trip before that in June. We think she will remember the trip too!

What precious photos of your children and family. They are such cuties. :cutie:

I see you have a weight loss ticker--I am working on losing weight for our visit to see the Mouse too. I am looking forward to the warmer weather so I can get outside to workout.

:woohoo: for getting all your ADRs. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of them. The only ones we will have in common (if I get what we want for our ADRs) is LTT and Rose and Crown, which we also hope for a time slot during Illuminations. We have eaten at CRT and Sci Fi thought on our only trip when we did not have DD.

Perhaps they will change your flights again? Well, at least the one on the way down. :wizard:

If it makes you feel better, we find that our kids don't do great with park touring on our travel day down to MCO. We've taken early flights in the past and we're all so exhausted that it ends up being a bit of a waste. (And the 3 hour flight delay on our last trip made it worse!)

My youngest was born at 34 weeks and will be 2 on May 1st! You'd never know he was a preemie - he's the biggest kid I have (at his age). He has a mild muscle weakness which is being addressed with Early Intervention (he didn't walk until 20 months). He's a huge Playhouse Disney addict, too!!!

Amanda

If it makes you feel better, we find that our kids don't do great with park touring on our travel day down to MCO. We've taken early flights in the past and we're all so exhausted that it ends up being a bit of a waste. (And the 3 hour flight delay on our last trip made it worse!)

My youngest was born at 34 weeks and will be 2 on May 1st! You'd never know he was a preemie - he's the biggest kid I have (at his age). He has a mild muscle weakness which is being addressed with Early Intervention (he didn't walk until 20 months). He's a huge Playhouse Disney addict, too!!!

Amanda

You know - I guess I never thought of it that way. I was thinking that the later flight may be nice - if I can get YDD to take a nap before we leave. She currently naps from 12 - 2 pm. So, hopefully that won't change too much over the next few months. We live about 1/2 hour away from our airport, so she can probably get at least 1 hour in. Like I've said before, we've only taken ODD once (when she was 4), so taking a toddler is all new to me!! So, you have a great point of the first day being a lot for the kids.

Its amazing, once you have a preemie, you meet so many other moms with preemies too! McKayla's birthday is on April 24th - we're actually having her 2 year old birthday party on May 1st this year!!! (We're going to Boston the weekend before). Last year, we also worked briefly with Early Intervention. They are amazing! We had a great experience with the program in our area. If you don't mind me asking, why was he born so early? I ended up with preeclampsia (again :(). However, this time is came on MUCH earlier and more severe. McKayla had IUGR, so they decided delivery was best for her. She ended up with respiratory distress and pneumonia. But, after a week of being really sick, she turned around and spent 21 days in the NICU. Looking at her today, you'd never know!! (Except for her fiestiness (sp?) - which we think is from being poked so much back then!!)

:wave2: Hello, I stumbled across your PTR. We will be going shortly after you. :goodvibes

I agree that part of the fun is planning!! We are taking DD for her visit this fall--to celebrate her 4th birthday. :goodvibes She remembers a lot from this past summer when we took her to visit the beach for the first time on a trip to NC and a camping trip before that in June. We think she will remember the trip too!

What precious photos of your children and family. They are such cuties. :cutie:

I see you have a weight loss ticker--I am working on losing weight for our visit to see the Mouse too. I am looking forward to the warmer weather so I can get outside to workout.

:woohoo: for getting all your ADRs. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of them. The only ones we will have in common (if I get what we want for our ADRs) is LTT and Rose and Crown, which we also hope for a time slot during Illuminations. We have eaten at CRT and Sci Fi thought on our only trip when we did not have DD.

Perhaps they will change your flights again? Well, at least the one on the way down. :wizard:

I'm trying hard on the weight loss. I'm about 5 lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant with YDD (2.5 years ago :(). But, I still have a long way to go. DH and I would like to have one more baby sometime next year, so I'm hoping to lose the weight asap - so I can enjoy it first :) I found a great website that I highly recommend - www.myfitnesspal.com. It is free and amazing!! I've done weight watchers before, but now with two kiddos - its hard to commit. This website is very similar, but FREE!! :cool1:

Have you ever eaten at LTT or Rose and Crown. We loved LTT last trip, so we're really bummed there's no characters anymore :( But, we're still going to eat there anyways. I'm not a huge fan of Rose and Crown, but only because I am an extremely picky eater :rolleyes: But, DH LOVED the Fish and Chips. We had perfect seats last trip. We were outside right at Illuminations! It was so nice not to fight the crowds!

Ok, so I am the most impatient person ever! The waiting and planning for this trip is driving me nuts!!! So, if you all don't mind, I am going to pass some time by recapping our last trip. DH and I took our first trip to WDW together when we were 19 years old and in college (remember, we've been together since we were 17 - that seems like forever ago!) We had the most amazing time together. One of the most memorable parts of that trip was at DHS. We went to the Bear in the Big Blue House Show (now Playhouse Disney) - we were the only adults in the audience without kids - but we loved it!! When we got married and had Taylor, we could not wait to take her to WDW. DH didn't take his first trip to WDW until he was 15 years old. He wanted to wait to take ODD. But, I convinced him that when she was 4, would be a good time. So, in August 2007, we were off on our first family vacation! We spent 9 nights at POP Century. Overall, it was the most amazing time we'd had in a long time. Our lives are very busy, so this vacation allowed us to be alone together as a family of three for 10 days!

(This will not be the most complete report - mainly some of my favorite pictures! Beware - there will be A LOT!)

Day 1: We took a late morning direct flight from Rochester to Orlando. We arrived around 3 pm. DH does not like to fly and I have motion sickness issues, so we both took some Dramamine before we took off. I even gave Taylor a children's version. DH rested on the flight down and I was so drowsy - BUT - Taylor was WIDE AWAKE!! She spent the entire 3 hour flight asking a million questions! We talked about flying, airplanes, where God lives, etc. Yup, I could hardly keep my eyes open, but I had a 4 year old who would not stop
talking!!:worship: We arrived and headed to our ME bus and were on our way to POP. If I can remember correctly, I think we only had one stop before we arrived at POP!

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

We quickly got settled, grabbed some lunch, and headed over to Mickey's House (Magic Kingdom - but Taylor called the park Mickey's House all year!)

IMG_1111.jpg

Take note of DH's shirt . . . .

Her first look . . .
IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

To be honest, I was waiting for this moment for months! Honestly, she was so overwhelmed, it wasn't all that I'd hoped for :( But, I'm still glad DH got some great photos!

We walked down Main Street and Taylor noticed a show was about to start. So, what else would a 4 year old do? She sat right down and wouldn't move until she could watch it! She had NO CLUE what the park had to offer!! She was just happy as can be to watch the show :)

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

After the show, we headed to our first ride - Pirates!! DH loves Pirates!! We rode it about 9 times over the course of our trip! If we ever plan a trip while Pirates is on rehab, I can guarantee DH would not go. We'd have to reschedule.

IMG_1144.jpg

We headed back to pop before Wishes and headed to bed.

Up next - Day 2 - CRT for breakfast and a little "Boo Boo" :(

I'm subbing! We are headed to the World about a month after you this year! :) Your girls are beautiful and I love seeing the pics and hearing about your previous trip! Bring it on! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the website--I have used another but this may be different so I will look at it closer when I feel a little better (stomach flu right now--not fun!). We have eaten at LTT and Rose and Crown. We liked both. We went to LTT when it was a character meal but they really did not stop at our table if I remember correctly. Rose and Crown--the fish and chips are great but I think I had the bangers and mash which was pretty good too. We are hoping to get seats

I am really enjoying reading about your first trip with ODD. My DD will be turning 4 on our trip--I think it will be a great time to introduce her to Disney! :thumbsup2 How cute she sat down to watch the show before anything else! Too cute :cutie:!

Hi, looks like you have some great stuff planned already! Last summer we visited WDW with DD (1) and two nephews (8 months old and 2 yrs old). We had a blast! Each child is so different it is hard to predict how they'll react to all that goes on in Disney. From what I have read from other trip reports it seems split half and half - some kids love the characters while others are deathly afraid of them :confused3. Since you said your daughter really likes TV, maybe try showing her this video: Sing Along Songs- Disneyland Fun, it is a live-action DVD (not animated) and shows characters singing and dancing around Disneyland. It is pretty dated (shot in 1990) but little ones won't notice and it can be pretty funny to watch for adults- especially the hair and clothes the kids wear :rotfl:
http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-So...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268269826&sr=8-2
DD will be getting this in her Easter basket this year to help prep her for the characters. Even though she loved them last time it could be a totally different ball game when we go this summer!

I look forward to reading more from you :goodvibes

Hi, looks like you have some great stuff planned already! Last summer we visited WDW with DD (1) and two nephews (8 months old and 2 yrs old). We had a blast! Each child is so different it is hard to predict how they'll react to all that goes on in Disney. From what I have read from other trip reports it seems split half and half - some kids love the characters while others are deathly afraid of them :confused3. Since you said your daughter really likes TV, maybe try showing her this video: Sing Along Songs- Disneyland Fun, it is a live-action DVD (not animated) and shows characters singing and dancing around Disneyland. It is pretty dated (shot in 1990) but little ones won't notice and it can be pretty funny to watch for adults- especially the hair and clothes the kids wear :rotfl:
http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-So...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268269826&sr=8-2
DD will be getting this in her Easter basket this year to help prep her for the characters. Even though she loved them last time it could be a totally different ball game when we go this summer!

I look forward to reading more from you :goodvibes

Just read your TR from your July trip! Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm so jealous of all the adult time!!! However, I'm not sure if DH or I would like to travel with our parents. As much as we love them, we love our small family trips. But, I would totally do it if we planned it your way!!!
Thank you so much for the information! I've seen that DVD at stores before, but I've totally forgot about it! I will definitely be purchasing it!!! So glad you mentioned it.

An a side note - does anyone know how to post chapter links on my first post? I can't figure it out :(

Hi!just wanted to say I just found your ptr, and we will be arriving the same day as you :cool1:and leaving the day before were staying at the same resort as you also, this will be our third trip down but our first trip in august we usually go right after christmas or right before we have a son who is 15 this year and a daughter who is ten our first year we went to the hoop-dee-doo .and the kids really loved it my hubby really enjoyed the ribs .were going back again this year per my dh request and we also are going to mickey's backyard barbecue we have done this also per my ds and were going to liberty tree tavern another of dh request. We are also high school sweet hearts:lovestruc but we met right before high school when I was fourteen and my dh was fifteen but both going into 9th grade so we have been together for 28 years this summer:banana: and we have been married for 21 this month :banana:our son came at 35 weeks but weighed 5lbs 13oz:scared1: but he still has some health issues with his kidneys I'm glad your lil girl is fine :woohoo: well I cant wait to hear more about this trip and your last trip our last trip was also in 2007 :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter