• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taylor and McKayla go to WDW!! Taking a 7 and 2 year old . . in Aug!! Updated 6/23

:wave2: found your ptr looking great so far. :woohoo: on acheving your ADRs. Love that you are adding your 2007 trip also.

Hi!just wanted to say I just found your ptr, and we will be arriving the same day as you :cool1:and leaving the day before were staying at the same resort as you also, this will be our third trip down but our first trip in august we usually go right after christmas or right before we have a son who is 15 this year and a daughter who is ten our first year we went to the hoop-dee-doo .and the kids really loved it my hubby really enjoyed the ribs .were going back again this year per my dh request and we also are going to mickey's backyard barbecue we have done this also per my ds and were going to liberty tree tavern another of dh request. We are also high school sweet hearts:lovestruc but we met right before high school when I was fourteen and my dh was fifteen but both going into 9th grade so we have been together for 28 years this summer:banana: and we have been married for 21 this month :banana:our son came at 35 weeks but weighed 5lbs 13oz:scared1: but he still has some health issues with his kidneys I'm glad your lil girl is fine :woohoo: well I cant wait to hear more about this trip and your last trip our last trip was also in 2007 :rotfl:

Holy cow do we have a lot of similarities!!! Have you ever stayed at CBR? I'm so excited to stay there - I've only stayed on property twice and they were both values. So, I'm interested to see if it's worth the extra money we're paying - I'm sure it is. If we didn't have so much house remodeling to do this year, I probably couldn't convinced DH to stay deluxe. Oh well, next time ;) We were thinking of BYBBQ, but I wasn't sure about it since YDD will only be two. The unstructuredness of it has me worried! We are so lucky to have a healthy little girl :) Both of our girls are just a joy - they are so wonderful and we are so thankful that McKayla has made a full recovery! Thanks for reading!! Looking forward to counting down to our trips with you!!! Almost to five months:cool1:

2007 Trip - Part II

Day 2 - First Full Day

For our first full day at WDW, we headed back to MK. We had breakfast reservations at CRT. I was so excited!! DH and I woke up and began getting ready for the day. Taylor was still sleeping in the bed. DH and I were in the vanity area getting ready when all of a sudden we hear a CRASH! Taylor had rolled off the bed and smacked her poor face on the corner of the nightstand. She was so lucky, it just missed her eye. The poor thing was so upset - as was I!

IMG_1150.jpg

We calmed her down and finished getting ready and we were off! The line to meet Cinderella wasn't too long. This was Taylor's first character meeting - and it was a Princess!! I remember Cinderella commenting on Taylor's outfit - since it was her and Prince Charming :)

IMG_1155.jpg

We had our breakfast and the princesses came around. They were all so wonderful. The each took their time and Taylor was able to talk with them and get their autographs.

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

The funniest part of the morning was DH. A few hours after breakfast he commented how hungry he was. I asked him why he didn't get more to eat. He didn't know that he could!! He thought the one plate they give you was all he could have. :rotfl2: Point proven - that's why you plan, plan, plan!!!

Here are our photopass pictures from the day:
image02.jpg

image04.jpg

We spent the day riding EVERY ride. We were at the park from open to closing. The crazy part - Taylor didn't have a stroller all day. The little 4 year walked the park for 14 straight hours!!!

Here's DH and T on the Jungle Cruise:
IMG_1201.jpg

We rode Magic Carpets (probably about 5 times!!) and one time we rode with Aladdin himself! Taylor was actually terrified for some reason - she was afraid of him riding at the same time as us! I thought it was great!
IMG_1176.jpg

Here's Taylor trying to cool off while waiting for the train. That fan mister was a life saver on the trip. I still have it and plan on bringing it back with us - and purchasing a 2nd for YDD.
IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

I was so excited for our dinner reservations at Tony's Town Square that evening. But, I have to say, very disappointed. The location was neat and we had a great waiter, but the food was just ok. :(
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

We continued our evening by hitting Tomorrowland and my favorite ride - The People Mover!
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

We rode Pirates - for the 100th time of the day!
IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

And, the Magic Carpets, again . . .. (Can you see a trend here? LOL)
IMG_1267.jpg

And, we finished our day with Wishes! It was so amazing. Taylor ended up falling asleep in my arms during the show. 14 hours of heat, walking and fun had her tired out for sure!
IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Next up - Day 3 EPCOT

Will our morning start off with a bang like today? Why will DH never ask me what he should wear again? And, eating in the Reef!

Thanks for reading!

Poor thing! There must be something about rolling off beds and hitting nightstands b/c it's happened to us a few times as well in the past. I love that you guys just went and went all day long! My dd would do that as well but my teenage boys poop out mid-day! Go figure. We're staying onsite this time to remedy that...they can take a bus on their own back to the resort when they get tired this time! :thumbsup2

Oh, poor Taylor! Thank goodness she did not hit her eye. Cute ears!! That is so a pair my DD would gravitate towards. :goodvibes: Cute picture family picture!! Did you buy the fan mister there or before you went down. I am debating on whether to find some prior to the trip or just buy them down there (mainly so if they stop working we can get them replaced hopefully without issue but I know they are pricey).

Oh, poor Taylor! Thank goodness she did not hit her eye. Cute ears!! That is so a pair my DD would gravitate towards. :goodvibes: Cute picture family picture!! Did you buy the fan mister there or before you went down. I am debating on whether to find some prior to the trip or just buy them down there (mainly so if they stop working we can get them replaced hopefully without issue but I know they are pricey).

We got the mister at the park. And, as a matter of fact, ours did break once and they replaced it for us no problem! I like there's because they're really big and hold A LOT of water!

Awh poor taylor, must have been sore when she banged her face. She defiantley lasted well I would have been well tired by wishes time :) You got a picture with the fairygodmother that was ace :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! Sorry its been all week. We spent the weekend celebrating Taylor's 7th birthday. We were busy all weekend - but it was a lot of fun! Then, today, I head to work and had to leave at lunch for the day with what I thought was pink eye :eek: First, I headed over to my doctor, for her to tell me it's not pink eye and I have to see my eye doctor = $20. I had an appointment for 3:30 - which actually gave me 2 HOURS ALONE with no one home :cool1: (Since the eye doctor was near my SIL - aka babysitter- I left her there to finish out her nap!!) Eye doctor not only finds an abrasion on my cornea, but that I have some sort of allergy under my eyelids = $20 Luckily, he gives me a sample size for the antibiotic, but writes a prescription for the allergy meds = $40. So, my total for the day = $80 - AHHHHHHH :sad2: But, in the end, I've had so many issues with my contacts lately, maybe I'll be on the road to normal sight now!!!

Well, I started my next report yesterday, but then got interrupted by my 2 year old :( So, here I go again!

So, back to our 2007 trip with ODD who was then 4 years old.

Day 3 - Epcot

Since we had a late night at MK the night before, we casually slept in, got ready and had breakfast in the food court. On this day, we noticed the crowds were slowly increasing - and beginning to drive DH CRAZY!! We headed over to Epcot and got our photopass picture taken :)

image06.jpg

image07.jpg

Yup - totally not sure what was going on with DH's 'mustache' - scary!! :rotfl2:

We headed over to Nemo and Friends for our first visit to the new pavilion.

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

We all loved it!! We went through the aquarium and rode Nemo. OMG - soo cute :) "In a Big Blue World . . . . " I could ride it all day long!

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

One of the many "silly" Taylor pictures on the trip :)

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

We continue through Future World - and obviously didn't take anymore pictures :( Hmmm . . . must have been a quick trip :rotfl: We headed over to World Showcase. One of our favorite spots was Mexico. We had lunch at the CS - it was so great!!! I'm so bummed its closed for our vacation in August!! I was really looking forward to a good ole taco - darn!:mad:

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

In the late afternoon, we were headed back to the hotel to change for our dinner at Coral Reef. As we were leaving, it started POURING. Not just a 'typical' afternoon rain shower - it was a MONSOON!! We made it to the bus looking like this:

IMG_1346.jpg

To be continued . . .

We headed back to POP and changed for dinner. DH was unsure of what to where. He had a pair of short and a pair of linen style pants. I loved the pants - so I told him to go with the pants and a nice shirt. I will Never, Ever live this decision down. We hopped back on the bus and as we arrived back to Epcot - guess what - it started raining even harder!! It rained so hard, we couldn't even get back to Coral Reef. We had to pop into the Art Store in future world, hoping for a clearing. As we entered the store, I noticed it: My poor husband was soaked from feet to head. Yes, he had a poncho on, but . . . the linen pants. They had absorbed ALL the water and he was absolutely drenched. As we are standing in the store, he gave me a look like "I will never ask your opinion again :mad:". Looking back, it makes for a great story!! The rain never let up, so we ran to Coral Reef. It took us a while to find the restaurant. In all my planning for this trip, I never thought to look up exact restaurant locations :( I was certain the restaurant was right inside the pavilion. Nope - its off to the right - almost hidden a little. So, between the monsoon storm and my mis-directions, we were alittle late to our ADR. But, we were seated quickly, which was nice :) DH and I ordered the steak - it was so good :) I also ordered some sort of Blue Martini - simply because I wanted a 'fun drink' with lights :rolleyes1

IMG_1347.jpg

Honestly, the drink tasted like soap - it was not that good :sad2: Although, I'm sure I finished it anyways :thumbsup2

We enjoyed the view and had a great dinner together!

IMG_1351.jpg

**Edited to add - notice my drink - All gone!** LOL
As we were leaving from dinner, we noticed the park was empty - hmmm, I wonder why! So, we stayed for Illuminations, since the rain was now just a sprinkle.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

After loving fireworks for a long time, Taylor decided that things at Disney were too loud. So, for this show, she covered her ears. We eventually had to buy her earplugs. However, I think she was scared and a little bit of a 'drama queen' about the whole thing. But, the ear plugs worked and we had no more tears for the rest of the trip :)

Up next - Animal Kingdom and back to Epcot :)

P.S. I am officially under the 5 month mark!! WOO HOO :cool1:

Wow! That is a lot of rain. I keep reminding myself to memorize where to find our ADR locations as well as the restrooms! :lmao: I know we will be spending time in those.

I noticed your ticker--congrats on the 15 pounds! I am happy with my almost 7 pounds this past week. I hope to crack double digits when I next weigh in but we will see. Got off track today but will get back on tomorrow! :goodvibes

Wow! That is a lot of rain. I keep reminding myself to memorize where to find our ADR locations as well as the restrooms! :lmao: I know we will be spending time in those.

I noticed your ticker--congrats on the 15 pounds! I am happy with my almost 7 pounds this past week. I hope to crack double digits when I next weigh in but we will see. Got off track today but will get back on tomorrow! :goodvibes

I'm actually glad that YDD is NO WHERE near potty training yet. I couldn't imagine trying to potty train in Disney. It will be crazy enough finding bathrooms for my 7 year old. She makes a point to visit EVERY bathroom on property. I think we visited 1,000,001 bathrooms during our 2007 trip!

Hi! I just found your PTR and had to join - you could seriously be my Disney Planning Twin! We will be there for the exact same dates you will, although we are staying at POP! I'm so excited to see your plans!

We are arriving at MCO about 1pm that Friday, and also plan to check in then head over to MK - don't really plan to do rides or anything, just want to go over, hopefully see Dream Along with Mickey or Move it Shake It, get a bite to eat, just wander around, maybe do a train ride and take it all in.

My kids are 6 and 4, my first was also born preemie - born at 34 weeks and weighted 4'14". He was in the NICU for a week, but is now a big, healthy 6 year old. DS4 was also born 4 weeks early, but he was big - almost 8 pounds, he's always been a big kid. He just turned 4 and he's taller than some 5 year old we know - I just always say he was born big!

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans! I gotta go back and finish reading about your first trip - great PTR so far, your girls are adorable!

Karen

It certainly rained that day but in true disney style it didn't spoil anything :thumbsup2 Your drink sounded and looked yummy pity it didn't taste so good but it had lights :banana:

Anyone still around??? I'm sorry its been almost a month since I last posted. Lots has been going on!!! I've been trying for over a week to post, but something is wrong with my 2nd disc from 2007 - I think I have a bad file on it. But, I'm making progress on getting it fixed for this post!!!!

So, Taylor is now 7 years old!!! I can’t believe where time has gone. We’re in NY, so we have about 8 weeks left of school. I’m soooo ready for summer break! Right now we’re on Spring Break. Taylor is very excited to ‘stay up late’!!! She spent the night with my Mom and one of her cousins last night and they didn’t go to bed until midnight!!! Needless to say, my mom was not too happy about that!! LOL :-)rotfl:Hehe). McKayla has her 2nd birthday coming up this Saturday. I’ve been thinking about where I was just 2 years ago – in and out of the hospital on strict bedrest for pre-ecamplsia. What a wild ride we went through. If you’ve had a preemie or have family members that have, you know what I mean. It forever changed our lives. But, today, she is a talking maniac!!! She is so darn cute and so smart. We are so proud of her! :cheer2: On Thursday, we’re headed to Boston for four days – Yippee!! Our original goal of the trip was a ‘short’ weekend trip to see a Red Sox game. Well, if you’re anything like me, I LOVE vacation!! So, I managed to up our planning to three nights in a fabulous hotel downtown! :banana:We can’t wait. I don’t think my hubby is going to sleep this week. The trip is about 6 hours from our house, so it should be interesting to see how the girls do – and if I don’t kill them on the way :lmao:. I don’t know how people can drive from the North to Disney. We wouldn’t make it!!!

Well, here goes Day 4 – Animal Kingdom

By this point, DH was thoroughly annoyed by many of the guests at POP in the AM. Some people we encountered were plain rude. This is vacation people!!! So, by this day, we decided to skip breakfast at POP and head straight to AK.

image11-1.jpg

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

We did a few rides before breakfast. We grabbed fastpasses for Safari, but since we only had about 1 hour to wait, we headed over to Pangani Forest.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1383-1.jpg

After the Pangani Forest, it was time for our Safari. We had a great ride!! We saw a lot of animals and had a really good tour guide. We took a MILLION pictures – here are some of the best!

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

After the Safari, we decided to try breakfast at Pizzafari. I think we all had the breakfast platter. It was good – and so much more relaxing than eating at the crazy food court at POP. Taylor decided to act crazy – so of course, we took some pics!!

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

After breakfast, we headed back out into the heat!!

Up next, continuation of Day 4. Who was the king/queen at the games in Dino-land? How did Taylor react to DINOSAUR?

Hi Jennie!

I'm still here - Welcome Back! Sorry to hear you're having touble with your pictures - I'd be completely frazzled - my pictures are like gold to me! Hope you can get the CDs working and get the pictures off!

Have fun in Boston! Sounds like you have a great weekend trip planned!

Great pix from you're last trip - I'm so looking forward to Animal Kingdon - my kids LOVE to look at animals - it takes us forever to go through a traditional zoo, so I hope we have enough time to get through AK in 1 day!

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans and updates!
Karen

Well, the last two months have been absolutely crazy in our house! The weather has warmed up here in NY, so we have been busy!! Hope I still have some followers - sorry about the lag!! School is OVER for me on Friday - PARTY!!! I am working a total of 4 - yes 4 - days this summer!!! We are down to less than 60 days until our trip - and I can't believe it! I will be back on tomorrow to continue our 2007 trip!

See you then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter