TEAM #6: OHANA-No One Gets Left Behind:Post your miles/hours here

For week ending 11/2:

75 minutes yoga
60 minutes weights
90 minutes weights
30 minutes aerobics
70 minutes /6 miles running

Got some new running shoes and my three week "rest from running" period is over, so hopefully my miles will start increasing in prep for my first 1/2 marathon in Feb

So last week I got a concussion. I skipped Kung Fu and my long run and missed most of my short run as well.

Oct 26 - 6.6miles, 1:35:18
Oct 27 - Aerobics - 53 minutes
Oct 29 - .6 miles, 10 minutes, one concussion.

I got a CT scan and it didn't show any bleeding or swelling but I've had some confusion, fatigue, irritability and trouble with math. I seem to be feeling better each day, but am not sure when I should return to training. :sad2:

Corinna-I'm so sorry to hear you had a concussion. :hug: What happened? I'm inclined to say you should take it easy for awhile. Sending lots of good wishes your way :wizard:

Totals for last week: 8.5mi, 112min

Nothing for the week before, sorry for slacking!

For week ending 11/8:
26.34 miles
317 minutes

So last week I got a concussion. I skipped Kung Fu and my long run and missed most of my short run as well.

Oct 26 - 6.6miles, 1:35:18
Oct 27 - Aerobics - 53 minutes
Oct 29 - .6 miles, 10 minutes, one concussion.

I got a CT scan and it didn't show any bleeding or swelling but I've had some confusion, fatigue, irritability and trouble with math. I seem to be feeling better each day, but am not sure when I should return to training. :sad2:

Corinna - OMG! Is the concussion from the day you fell while running with the dog? I'm glad you're feeling better each day, but be careful and don't do too much too soon.

Oh Nancy, you think you don't have much this week...

Evidently, recovering from a concussion is more difficult than I thought. I got on the TM on Wednesday and managed this:

60 minutes, 3.7 miles UGH.

But then felt more befuddled the next day and after, so I must have jumped back in too much too soon. The impact from running or walking, and possibly just from the exertion is not without consequence in this case. :sad2: I'm going to find some other things to try this week, but I feel like I can't really push myself right now, or I'll be pushing back my recovery date even further. :headache:

Corinna - OMG! Is the concussion from the day you fell while running with the dog? I'm glad you're feeling better each day, but be careful and don't do too much too soon.

Julie, yes, that's right. Though I think I was walking when I fell, and it wasn't really my dog's fault, I don't think (who am I kidding? I don't really remember!). I'm just so eager to get back to training. And concerned about what NOT training for a few weeks is going to mean for the half. I've learned my lesson, though. I'm going to start back in with some shorter walking this week. Or maybe elliptical or stationary bike at the Y - not sure. Thanks for the note!

corinna: hope you feel better soon, makes my complaints of headache today seem a bit silly ;)

sorry I haven't posted for a while here are the past few weeks:

10/5 miles: 26.3 time: 6 hours
10/12 miles: 18 time: 4 hours
10/19 miles: 18 (plus a bonus 8 for ToT) time: 4 hours
10/26 miles: 14.75 time: 3 hours
11/2 miles: 21 time: 5.5 hours

I'll try to get back on track with posting (and training) the marathon is getting close :scared1:

Julie, yes, that's right. Though I think I was walking when I fell, and it wasn't really my dog's fault, I don't think (who am I kidding? I don't really remember!). I'm just so eager to get back to training. And concerned about what NOT training for a few weeks is going to mean for the half. I've learned my lesson, though. I'm going to start back in with some shorter walking this week. Or maybe elliptical or stationary bike at the Y - not sure. Thanks for the note!

Yikes - who knew dog walking could be so dangerous? I'm sure it's hard to not be training right now, but resting and taking care of yourself now will pay off when you are able to get back to training. Hang in there - it will turn out fine! :goodvibes

Corinna--I hadn't read through the previous posts so I was unaware you had a concussion. PD to you.pixiedust:

Nancy

My week ending 11/8
198 minutes
10.3 miles

Not much of a week for me, but that will change with a 25K this week and a HM the following week.

Here are mine from the last 2 weeks:

week ending 10/31: 25.2 miles; 10:05 (double TofT miles!)

week ending 10/7: 46.2 miles; 14:06 (double half marathon!)

Gotta go back and start posting where I left off......so we'll say I've got it to here

For week ending 11/02, I had no miles, and no minutes (recovery week)

For week ending 11/09, I had 6.2 miles, and 1 hour, 9 minutes.

Time to start building back up for the Goofy.:eek:

11/09 3 miles, 1:15:32
11/11 3.5 miles, 1:20 minutes
11/12 Wii fit - 30 minutes, stretching 10 minutes

6.5 miles, 195 minutes

It's what I could do this week - I'm still muddling along with this post-concussion fallout. :sad2:

For the week 11/1 - 11/7:

Dennis -- 15 miles/275 minutes
Maria -- 21.488 miles/305 minutes

For the week 11/8 - 11/15:

Dennis -- 16 miles/275 minutes
Maria -- 31.245 miles/289 minutes

Go Team Ohana!
Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter