Team Focker Watch: Lucky Number 13!

Rosie- I'm very sorry!

Have you heard anything about you?

T- I will be careful! We are mostly planning on staying at the resort, but Hubs and DS want to do a zip line trip too. Will the Latino blend help?:confused3

------------------
Trying to go to the Mall of America for rides today with 6 kids and 2 mom's, I think we've lost our minds!

last week I took my 8 year old daughter to the pediatrician to have her back looked at. She had been complaining of back pain for about a week. Today, I get a voicemail message from a random doctor on base telling me that I need to get her over to Pediatric ortho. The x-rays showed something. That is all I could make out from the message. Everything else was distorted!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH. So, I call the pediatric department and guess what....I get put on TERMINAL HOLD! 20 minutes goes by and guess what.......STILL ON HOLD!!!!!! Finally I get an answer. I give all of the info that I have and she tells me that she can't tell me anything but she will put a telephone consult in for me but to be ready for a wait because they might not contact me back until next week! WHAT??? Let me get this straight: I get a distorted message telling me to call asap to schedule the appointment but noone can tell me what is going on? Insanity.

So I call Ped. Ortho and they look at the referral and see that we need the first appointment they have so they get Kat scheduled for Tuesday! We will have the appointment before we know what is going on. That is crazy!

Talk about frustrations. Not only are we waiting to hear when our 4 year olds next CT Scan will be and if there will be another Neurosurgery to follow but now we also have to deal with something that is wrong with our 8 year olds back too? Really? All at once? Don't they know I am trying to move to Florida right now?

Sorry for the rant but, this really ticks me off. Military healthcare isn't all that it is cracked up to be!

Hi All! :car:

I'm surprised we're still on the same thread! Sorry I've been MIA, life has just been too crazy and am usually too tired to sit in front of the computer most days.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I heard about Doug on FB :hug:

Stay warm to those in the snowy states :cold:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :flower3:

TTFN

Rosie - Sorry about your co-worker

Jenn - Yes, you are crazy;)

Pyrate_Pryncess - Ugh! The waiting must be horrible. Will send good thoughts:goodvibes

Z - :wave2: Miss you:hug:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still snowed in:headache: That is all!;)

last week I took my 8 year old daughter to the pediatrician to have her back looked at. She had been complaining of back pain for about a week. Today, I get a voicemail message from a random doctor on base telling me that I need to get her over to Pediatric ortho. The x-rays showed something. That is all I could make out from the message. Everything else was distorted!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH. So, I call the pediatric department and guess what....I get put on TERMINAL HOLD! 20 minutes goes by and guess what.......STILL ON HOLD!!!!!! Finally I get an answer. I give all of the info that I have and she tells me that she can't tell me anything but she will put a telephone consult in for me but to be ready for a wait because they might not contact me back until next week! WHAT??? Let me get this straight: I get a distorted message telling me to call asap to schedule the appointment but noone can tell me what is going on? Insanity.

So I call Ped. Ortho and they look at the referral and see that we need the first appointment they have so they get Kat scheduled for Tuesday! We will have the appointment before we know what is going on. That is crazy!

Talk about frustrations. Not only are we waiting to hear when our 4 year olds next CT Scan will be and if there will be another Neurosurgery to follow but now we also have to deal with something that is wrong with our 8 year olds back too? Really? All at once? Don't they know I am trying to move to Florida right now?

Sorry for the rant but, this really ticks me off. Military healthcare isn't all that it is cracked up to be!

My brother was in the army when my neice was born with club feet. I was always impressed at how well she was treated. Sorry you are going through this. I have to tell you it's medical in general. My DGS needed a an appointment for a developmental evaluation and the wait is close to 2 years. His hearing took 18 months before the dr. decided there was a problem. I can't even get a referral for DGD to have her feet evaluated. At least you did get a quick appointment. Good luck with the move, is your DH being transferred to a new post?

I'm surprised we're still on the same thread! Sorry I've been MIA, life has just been too crazy and am usually too tired to sit in front of the computer most days.

TTFN

That is tired. I use the computer to try and stay sane. :lmao:

Staying warm hasn't been too much of a problem. The snow however. :scared1:

++++++++++++
Hi all.

I have gotten dug out and mobile after the last storm. :woohoo: Unfortunately they are calling for another storm next week. :scared1: I am tired of the snow. We didn't even get most of our streets plowed in the area where I live. I am hoping Jim will have his paycheck today at least. Yesterday was payday and nobody showed up at payroll. The city offices were open to reassure us citizens that we were OK. Seriously, 17" of snow on top of what is still around from the other storms and it's business as usual. :confused3 Schools have been closed for 2 days after a 1/2 day wednesday for the weather. I am actually glad because the streets are horrible. It took me 30 minutes to get my DD to work and get the kids back home. She lives 5 miles roundtrip. Her neighbor parked with 1/3 of her car in my DD's driveway and the neighbor won't answer the door. :mad: I had to park on the street in a partially cleared spot instead of a totally dry driveway. To add to this I twisted the knee I had the surgery on trudging through all of the snow so I am afraid I did more damage. It is really hurting again.

On a better note I am planning my trip for August and we have added Universal to our plans. I may make Anthony a few shirts for the trip but not Jay. He won't even wear the birthday button. He will be 13 the day before we leave.

I am getting a new printer for my computer. The one I have was $20 at Wally world a few years ago, I lost the hardware and it is most likely not compatable with my operating system. I am thinking of a HP that will also be able to print pics.

And it's snowing again. :eek::eek::eek:

Have a good day all.

Asking for Disser Prayers for a Co Worker and Manager who was killed today in a tragic car crash !!!
I'm sorry Rosie :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: When do you get your results?

last week I took my 8 year old daughter to the pediatrician to have her back looked at.
I'm sorry, I hope it turns out to be nothing :hug:

I had some cordless hedge trimmers worth £90 turn up today :yay: And on Sunday we're off to a film premiere in London with Elton John and the Beckhams :banana:

:scared1:

Hope everyone is doing well.

I heard about Doug on FB :hug:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :flower3:

TTFN

Hi Z!!!!

Rosie - Sorry about your co-worker

Jenn - Yes, you are crazy;)

Pyrate_Pryncess - Ugh! The waiting must be horrible. Will send good thoughts:goodvibes

Z - :wave2: Miss you:hug:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still snowed in:headache: That is all!;)

Thanks it has been a BAD week :scared1:One of the consumers at the house I am call for every Friday and saturday died after surgery on Thursday!!!:sad1:Today is Kyles Birthday Party at Lasertron!!!:woohoo:Pix will be coming of the 9 year old !!!:banana:

Thanks it has been a BAD week :scared1:One of the consumers at the house I am call for every Friday and saturday died after surgery on Thursday!!!:sad1:Today is Kyles Birthday Party at Lasertron!!!:woohoo:Pix will be coming of the 9 year old !!!:banana:

Sorry about the loss of your consumer. Happy Birthday to Kyle. :bday: My Kyle will be 7 on wednesday and we are planning a trip to the circus. Now to hope that we don't get the storm they are predicting.

Pyrate_Pryncess - I hope I didn't come off as harsh. I was a little distracted when I replied yesterday. I hope your DD is OK. I was trying to say that medical really is bad everywhere especiallly when you rely on referrals. It sounds like the military coverage has gone downhill too since my niece was little. Like everything else we have to be proactive but you were lucky to get an appointment so fast.

++++++++++++++++++

Not much going on here. The streets are horrible, we had a dusting yesterday, are expecting an inch today and another major storm next wednesday. :scared1: I HATE SNOW!!!!! I really expected a milder winter after last year. I was wrong.

Oh well off to run some errands before the next wave attacks. Have a great day.

I'm sorry Rosie :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: When do you get your results?

I'm sorry, I hope it turns out to be nothing :hug:

I had some cordless hedge trimmers worth £90 turn up today :yay: And on Sunday we're off to a film premiere in London with Elton John and the Beckhams :banana:

Jo I have a call into Doctor for results , BUT as she didn't call me as soon as the results were in I am alittle hopeful!!
:worship:
Congrats on your latest prizes:banana:

Today, I get a voicemail message from a random doctor on base telling me that I need to get her over to Pediatric ortho. The x-rays showed something.
Fingers crossed that it's nothing! Poor thing, you have a lot on your plate!

Hi Z! Miss you!
I
Lucky ducky!

Good News the Bone Scan showed BURSITIS and not cancer as I had feared !!:worship::cloud9::banana::banana:
That is fabulous!!!

------------------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JoJo!

Tink was sick...very sick! I think that I just may have gotten it. I had a fever last night and the icky, cough is starting. :sick:

I'm going to head to the minute clinic this morning whilst Tink is at Kindy, to ensure that I don't have the "flu". We are heading to Mexico in 3 more sleeps! I don't want to be sick!

Hubs is back in Arkansas and I get the fun pleasure of flying to MX on my own with the kids. :cool1:

Fingers crossed that it's nothing! Poor thing, you have a lot on your plate!

Hi Z! Miss you!
Lucky ducky!

That is fabulous!!!

------------------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JoJo!

Tink was sick...very sick! I think that I just may have gotten it. I had a fever last night and the icky, cough is starting. :sick:

I'm going to head to the minute clinic this morning whilst Tink is at Kindy, to ensure that I don't have the "flu". We are heading to Mexico in 3 more sleeps! I don't want to be sick!

Hubs is back in Arkansas and I get the fun pleasure of flying to MX on my own with the kids. :cool1:

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck on the plane to Mexico!!!:scared1::hug:

Hey all! Just want to pop in and say

Happy Birthday Jo

adisneybirthday.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter