Team 'Ohana--No One Left Behind: The Continuing Adventures

So why do it? For me (and maybe for DOOD, I'm not sure), it's the theming and timing of the race. It's when we like to visit WDW anyway for a short weekend - with MNSSHP and Food & Wine offering a short mid-semester break. It's really less of a race than a run, especially at 10 miles. Then again, that's really the mindset for any runDisney race. Especially if you can get over the sticker shock. :rotfl2:

Ain't that the truth. I think I've resigned myself to only running the anniversary races. As much as we like Disney, it's just getting too expensive to run marathon weekend year after year. ToT is on the hopeful list for this year too because it sounds like a fun race, nice party, and interesting shirts & medals.

Ain't that the truth. I think I've resigned myself to only running the anniversary races. As much as we like Disney, it's just getting too expensive to run marathon weekend year after year. ToT is on the hopeful list for this year too because it sounds like a fun race, nice party, and interesting shirts & medals.

It's getting to the point where there won't be any shortage of Disney anniversary races, not that I am complaining about the number of events from which to chose.

The local half I did yesterday has an early registration option this weekend for next year. I signed up for the marathon for $85. I can use a few races around that end of the cost spectrum.

It's getting to the point where there won't be any shortage of Disney anniversary races, not that I am complaining about the number of events from which to chose.

I was pretty proud of finishing up getting "at least one of each" medal (half marathon, anyway) for each of the available runDisney races. That status was pretty short lived with the addition of Avengers.. but yeah, too much variety is not a bad problem to have!

Hi Cousins! How is everyone? I hope you're all doing well. AFM, I'm trying to avoid thinking about my last few weeks of killer training for Comrades (running 3-4 hours on Friday and another 2.5-3.5 on Saturday when it's in the high 80s is not much fun) by leaping way ahead to marathon weekend in January. Some friends and I are going to try to make all four of the races, plus DATW, as much fun as we can. We're thinking of making shirts that have a list of things to do during the races that we can check off with Sharpies while we run. The back will have the DATW stops to check off as well. Here's the list of what we've come up with so far. Please add anything else that you think we missed and that could be done during one of the races.

Tower of Terror
Aerosmith coaster
McFlurry
Beer
Turkey leg
Margarita
Cake (we're doing a Blerch theme for the 10k)
Nutella (Blerch)
Mickey pic
Minnie pic
Donald pic
Goofy pic
Dopey pic

Thanks for posting the race report. I'd read part of it on FB, but hadn't had a chance to finish. I LOVE your race reports!

And a huge congratulations!

Jackie

I enjoyed the report. I hope I can do that race myself one day, John. Is it too early to start talking about plans for January?
Never too early! After all, training for ice cream eating & DATW takes time and careful planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter