Team 'Ohana--No One Left Behind: The Continuing Adventures

Richard--are you getting excited??? I hope you have a great week!:goodvibes (The ironman is this weekend right?)

Go Richard go!!

ironmanTexas.jpg

I appreciate the cheering up and support for my coming Ironman. I am trying to contain the excitement! For now it is the good anticipation-oriented excitement and not the freaking out-what have I done type of nervousness...:rotfl: after a very busy 14 hour or so work day today I have a fairly easy schedule ahead of me for the week. The Ironman-related traffic signs are up in my neighborhood (the "benefit" of living around 2 miles from the start line) and the trucks with all the set-up stuff are being unpacked, so there is a lot to be getting excited about right now. I have been reminded by friends who have done other Ironman races that I only get one chance to do my first Ironman and to try to enjoy it. I think that will be easier to do knowing that there will be so many people that I know volunteering and spectating along the course.

And Richard, how cool is it that you are going to set your Ironman PR?! :woohoo:

I hope you are very proud of yourself -- you have accomplished so much!

Maria :upsidedow

It's very exciting, Richard! Can't wait to hear all about it! :cheer2:

Go Richard!!!

JenB - I am so not a Tinkerbell fan, but I like the idea of running in the 1st inaugural race. So there's a part of me that wants to do it, but I think I'm going to have to save our vacation days and race money for other events next year. And I think I'll only talk DH into a DL trip after Cars Land is open.

AFM - I kind of can't believe it but I made it thru a 6-miler on Sunday without the ITB knee flaring up. So now I have hope that this isn't a permanent problem. :P I have another physical therapy appointment on Thursday, so we'll see what other exercises might help me.

Nicole--that is awesome! How was your hip? You are giving me hope that this will get better. I am on day 17 of no running and I am going a little nuts. But I know after that half I needed the break. I go back to the chiro after we get back from our trip. I am still a little on the fence about whether or not to do a couple of really easy miles around BW next week.:rolleyes1 I hate the thought of being there and not taking just a teeny little run. We'll see how it goes, I guess. Anyhow, Congratulations! I am really happy for you!

Richard--I hope you're excited still!!!:goodvibes

Rose - my hip was okay. It's about a 1 out of 10 on the pain/discomfort scale - but that's whether I'm running or sitting, so I might as well run! I've found that my ITB doesn't flare up as bad on a treadmill, so as much as I'd rather be outside, if I really want/need a run, sometimes I'll just do 30 minutes on the mill. The 6-miler I did on Sunday was outdoors with short run/walk intervals. I was nervous the whole time so I was pretty conservative and took a bunch of walking breaks. The PT said my problem hip is more forward than the other side, so I have exercises to correct that and I've been using my foam roller every day. I hope you have a wonderful trip and can squeeze in a short easy run! ;)

I hope you are very proud of yourself -- you have accomplished so much!

Maria :upsidedow

I definitely am proud of what I have accomplished, Maria; in fact I am more proud of what I have done over the last few years than what any one event could mean to me, but this is still a big deal to me.

Thanks to all of you for your support!! I can not tell you how much it means to see the outpouring of support from friends in virtually every possible forum. For anyone seeking to track me through the Ironman Texas or Ironman website on Saturday, my number is 2292.

That's what I was gonna say!

It's not like it can only be said once.

Thanks for your support everyone. It was a day when several things went wrong for me but I stayed on target with my primary goal of finishing, hopefully having left plenty of room to PR my next time. (Next time? :scared1:)

I'm going to say it again, in case Richard might have forgotten. And I'm using a deep announcer voice, too:

Richard, you are an Ironman!!!

I've been doing most of my supporting and cheering for this event on Facebook. It was a classic Richard finish, I must say, even without a Churro. Congratulations on the culmination of all your training, hard work and dedication, Richard!

I'm going to say it again, in case Richard might have forgotten. And I'm using a deep announcer voice, too:

Richard, you are an Ironman!!!

I've been doing most of my supporting and cheering for this event on Facebook. It was a classic Richard finish, I must say, even without a Churro. Congratulations on the culmination of all your training, hard work and dedication, Richard!

You do the announcer voice quite well, Corinna! and as nauseated as I felt on race day, there was not going to be any churro!

My race report is up at my blog. Please feel free to read and comment.

OK, after reading your report (good one, by the way!) I apologize for even thinking of churos during the last half of your race. Yikes.

You do look like you were feeling better by the time you got to the finish chute, though! Any idea what happened, since you hadn't had this difficulty in training? Or just one of those things? I suppose it is longer than you ever spent in constant motion during training and that could possibly factor in, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter