Ted Lasso

I've not met anybody who's watched it that doesn't love this show. :lovestruc We enjoyed the first episode last night and sure wish Apple would drop them all at once so we could have a long-awaited binge.
I watched the pilot. As someone that watches soccer, it was a bit much having it explained to me. I gave up on it.

Why do people like this show?

Every week we watch this together with my kids and then discuss what we think is going to happen with each of the characters. I am loving Jamie's growth and my new favorite saying in school is "Let it go. It's all poopy." - in my terrible English Accent.

Every week we watch this together with my kids and then discuss what we think is going to happen with each of the characters. I am loving Jamie's growth and my new favorite saying in school is "Let it go. It's all poopy." - in my terrible English Accent.
I've literally been walking around all day saying "it's just poopy" in Jamie's accent. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
I watched the pilot. As someone that watches soccer, it was a bit much having it explained to me. I gave up on it.

Why do people like this show?
There's a ton of "popular" shows that I have no idea why people liked them. But I'm sure there are shows I like that others don't.

I've heard be a goldfish a handful of times since it came out. This past weekend at my daughter's vball tournament a dad yelled goldfish to his daughter when she messed up a play. It's cute/funny.

I've heard be a goldfish a handful of times since it came out. This past weekend at my daughter's vball tournament a dad yelled goldfish to his daughter when she messed up a play. It's cute/funny.
I have poster on my wall in my classroom that has the quote on it. I would love to discuss what others think might happen in the last 3 episodes.

Here are some of my predictions:
* Ted will go back to Kansas - he wants to be with Henry too much to stay in England
* Nate will come back to coach AFC Richmond - I think his turn down of Rupert is going to have huge ripples
* I am torn on Keely and Roy or Jamie - Honestly I love Jamie's growth this season but there is still something about Roy and Keely - I also miss Phoebe.
* I am also worried that Rebecca's friend Sassy Smurf is going to have something happen to her and that is how Rebecca becomes a mother but not sure if that is the direction they will go.
* I also hope Jack doesn't pull the funding for Keely's PR firm

Interested to hear what others think might happen. I haven't felt this way about a show since Lost. I used to love to come to school and discuss the episode the night before with my colleagues. The problem with Ted Lasso is a bunch of my friends are waiting to binge it so I am not allowed to talk about it.

I have poster on my wall in my classroom that has the quote on it. I would love to discuss what others think might happen in the last 3 episodes.

* Ted will go back to Kansas - he wants to be with Henry too much to stay in England
* Nate will come back to coach AFC Richmond - I think his turn down of Rupert is going to have huge ripples
* I am torn on Keely and Roy or Jamie - Honestly I love Jamie's growth this season but there is still something about Roy and Keely - I also miss Phoebe.
* I am also worried that Rebecca's friend Sassy Smurf is going to have something happen to her and that is how Rebecca becomes a mother but not sure if that is the direction they will go.

Interested to hear what others think might happen. I haven't felt this way about a show since Lost. I used to love to come to school and discuss the episode the night before with my colleagues. The problem with Ted Lasso is a bunch of my friends are waiting to binge it so I am not allowed to talk about it.
Like others have said, the most recent episode was my favorite. So full of heart and humor.

I think Rebecca will reconnect with the guy in Amsterdam. He has a child (they showed a young girl’s bedroom in his houseboat), so that’s how I think she will become a mother.

I also think Ted will return to Kansas.

I love how Jamie has developed. He will meet someone perfect for him. That’s what happens when you find yourself (as it did with Rebecca).

I think Keely will end up with Roy.

I agree with Nate returning to Richmond.

Edited to add: Poo-pay is my new favorite word.

It seemed pretty clear that Michelle didn’t get, or didn’t accept a marriage proposal in Paris. Maybe there’s some chance the Lasso family reunites?

I never liked the Jack character and it just seemed like a wrong trajectory for Keely. I hope they don’t end up back together. I do like Dutch Boat Guy for Rebecca but also loved the story arc when she was involved with Sam.

And you guys are as forgiving as Ted Lasso himself! I wouldn’t mind seeing Nate squashed like a bug, and of course something has to happen to give Rupert his comeuppance. :goodvibes

I agree that Ted returns to Kansas, but I think Roy ends up being the next Richmond coach. His doing the post-game presser showed growth and took him up a few notches in Rebecca's estimation IMHO.

I love that Nate walked out on Rupert. I find myself rooting for him in spite of the crappy things he did.

If I had 100 bucks to wager on how Keeley ends up:

--40 bucks she stays on her own;
--31 bucks she ends up with Roy;
--29 bucks she ends up with Jamie.

I think the Keeley/Jamie hug at the end was a head fake, but they do have some history together and she is attracted to him (and his own growth arc). Who knows?

I really enjoyed the first season and the second season up until the Beard episode. Watched the season 3 premiere yesterday...it's missing some of its original lightheartenedness. I don't like seeing people treating others badly, too much of that in recent episodes.
Keep watching.... the show works with the treating badly and shows real growth. I did not like it as well.... but now it's magic how its working out.

I agree that Ted returns to Kansas, but I think Roy ends up being the next Richmond coach. His doing the post-game presser showed growth and took him up a few notches in Rebecca's estimation IMHO.

I love that Nate walked out on Rupert. I find myself rooting for him in spite of the crappy things he did.

If I had 100 bucks to wager on how Keeley ends up:

--40 bucks she stays on her own;
--31 bucks she ends up with Roy;
--29 bucks she ends up with Jamie.

I think the Keeley/Jamie hug at the end was a head fake, but they do have some history together and she is attracted to him (and his own growth arc). Who knows?
I love your idea of Roy coaching but do you think he would want to be completely in charge??? And your Keely odds are very interesting. I was so angry at Nate but he has redeemed himself in some ways for me. I think he truly feels bad about snubbing Ted and he is such a better person with Jade. I love how Jade basically seemed to shut down Rupert with her "He seems rich comment." There seems to be so much to wrap up in only 3 more episodes hopefully they will be a bit longer too.

If you liked LOST have you watched Yellowjackets? It’s fantastic (although season 3 has yet to be filmed). I’m currently watching Ted Lasso, From, Succession, and just finished the last Bridgerton and Firefly Lane. I like a nice mix.

If you liked LOST have you watched Yellowjackets? It’s fantastic (although season 3 has yet to be filmed). I’m currently watching Ted Lasso, From, Succession, and just finished the last Bridgerton and Firefly Lane. I like a nice mix.
I was just asked about yellowjackets the other day - I will check it out - thanks for the recommendation.

I agree except with the bolded above. See what I think below....

Like others have said, the most recent episode was my favorite. So full of heart and humor.

I think Rebecca will reconnect with the guy in Amsterdam. He has a child (they showed a young girl’s bedroom in his houseboat), so that’s how I think she will become a mother.

I also think Ted will return to Kansas.

I love how Jamie has developed. He will meet someone perfect for him. That’s what happens when you find yourself (as it did with Rebecca).

I think Keely will end up with Roy.

I agree with Nate returning to Richmond.

Edited to add: Poo-pay is my new favorite word.
^ This

It seemed pretty clear that Michelle didn’t get, or didn’t accept a marriage proposal in Paris. Maybe there’s some chance the Lasso family reunites?

I never liked the Jack character and it just seemed like a wrong trajectory for Keely. I hope they don’t end up back together. I do like Dutch Boat Guy for Rebecca but also loved the story arc when she was involved with Sam.

And you guys are as forgiving as Ted Lasso himself! I wouldn’t mind seeing Nate squashed like a bug, and of course something has to happen to give Rupert his comeuppance. :goodvibes
When this season first started, I told my DH that there is NO WAY that Nate's character will ever win me back after everything he did/said. My DH said that they're creative enough with their writing that I'll wind up forgiving him. Yep.

I agree except with the bolded above. See what I think below....

^ This

When this season first started, I told my DH that there is NO WAY that Nate's character will ever win me back after everything he did/said. My DH said that they're creative enough with their writing that I'll wind up forgiving him. Yep.
What exactly did that for you? Is it just how sad and sometimes pathetic he comes off? He certainly did nothing to redeem his abominable treatment of Ted and the team. So many chances to take a higher road (like Ted & Henry at the game) but he fails every time. Is it because he rejected the prostitute Rupert offered him? :confused:

What exactly did that for you? Is it just how sad and sometimes pathetic he comes off? He certainly did nothing to redeem his abominable treatment of Ted and the team. So many chances to take a higher road (like Ted & Henry at the game) but he fails every time. Is it because he rejected the prostitute Rupert offered him? :confused:
I don't know...I mean I really thought he was irredeemable -- and that spitting he would do was just do darn gross.

I guess because you could see his remorse as the episodes went on. I don't love him and still harbor some resentment, but I just don't HATE him like I did in the beginning of this season. So, I guess "forgive" is too strong -- I just don't hate him anymore. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter