Ted Lasso

I just wish those who like the show would give their local/national soccer teams a chance. And yes, I know many who just like the show will never give the sport a chance too. Again it’s just my wishfull thinking.😞
We love TL (DH and I) we are a mostly guys soccer family, ds20 is at Red Bull arena right now working (last season he took tickets, he just started doing pregame fan set up for this season today, he’s a college student, who spends too much of his money on soccer jerseys). His dad and older brother are big soccer fans, I have no idea what they are talking about.

We love TL (DH and I) we are a mostly guys soccer family, ds20 is at Red Bull arena right now working (last season he took tickets, he just started doing pregame fan set up for this season today, he’s a college student, who spends too much of his money on soccer jerseys). His dad and older brother are big soccer fans, I have no idea what they are talking about.
The rules of the game or just terminology?

I think 3 is pretty good; some shows like that get run into the ground and aren't as good anymore. Better to end on a high note.

I agree. I enjoy Ted Lasso and am looking forward to (the rest of) Season 3. I would be interested in more seasons *if* the creative team has a good idea for a continuing story. But I'd rather have it end with 3 seasons than have it fizzle out because the creative team doesn't have a plan.

Probably both. Three kids played from 4 - senior varsity, one played club from 7 on, one started club in HS to get playing time in varsity, one played club all through college. I’m clueless.

You should be good now. If you want to really understand the game, consider watching team USA play on the 24th and 27th at 7pm ET on TNT (see my thread for details). By watching one of those matches, you’ll understand the entire sport (for a casual) in under two hours. Come visit my soccer threads anytime if you have any questions. Sorry to the OP for my one soccer post (even if it is semi-related).

I feel like this season is already starting to show signs that the story is done being told. I'm good with 3 seasons. The first 2 are very rewatchable.

Also, I thought Nate becoming West Ham manager at the end of last season felt contrived, and IMHO it's not wearing much better now. We'll see where the season goes.
I sort of feel the same way. Even if SOMEONE had hired Nate away from Richmond, I don't think Rupert would have. Regardless of whether Nate is the WonderKid/wunderkind, I would have expected Rupert’s character to only ever see him as “a kit man.”

Rupert might have done it if he thought it'd personally hurt Rebecca, but I think he would have been smug about it like "You can't possibly be mad at me about this. I'm giving him a great opportunity. Isn't that what you want?" But I don't think they've shown that Rebecca personally cares *that* much about Nate leaving.

Looks like Nate might be in over his head though. I hope/think he’ll be contrite about how he treated Ted.

Last edited:
I just started watching it. I've heard some criticism that they don't really go over (or only gloss over) things like racism and hooligans.

Last edited:
I absolutely adore this show and will be sad when the last episode airs. I love all the characters. I do think that Ted is going to go home at the end of the season. He misses Henry way too much and that is fueling his anxiety. I know Nate is supposed to be the "bad" guy but I was happy for him at the end of the last week's episode. I heard someone talk about Zava being based on Aaron Rodgers and I can not stop thinking that it totally could be true. I will be watching when I get home from school - can't wait.

For some reason, I'm not enjoying Keeley this season. Can't put my finger on it.
I don't think she's happy in the new job, so we're kind of feeling that with her.

I know Nate is supposed to be the "bad" guy but I was happy for him at the end of the last week's episode.
Maybe I'm not caught up to the latest episode. I still have him filed under jerk.

I loved season 1. Ted's character was so refreshing, and I loved how positive he was. When I told my brother about the show he said he couldn't stand it because of how positive Ted was!

I was unable to watch most of season 2. It seemed forced to me, the jokes were few and far between, and I absolutely despise the talking-to-a-therapist trope that so many shows use as a way to let us know what a character's thinking/feeling.

As for the current season, there have been a few bright moments and some actual humor, which season 2 was short on, but it's not up to the level of season 1.

In answer to the OP's question, 3 seasons is too many. One seasons was actually enough.

I just started watching it. I've heard some criticism that they don't really go over (or only gloss over) things like racism and hooligans.
The show “glosses over” most things, including soccer itself. It’s never been a platform for social a social agenda (like so many others have become) and maybe that’s what makes it so appealing?

You should be good now. If you want to really understand the game, consider watching team USA play on the 24th and 27th at 7pm ET on TNT (see my thread for details). By watching one of those matches, you’ll understand the entire sport (for a casual) in under two hours. Come visit my soccer threads anytime if you have any questions. Sorry to the OP for my one soccer post (even if it is semi-related).
So someone who has followed their kids playing soccer for over a decade and can't understand the game will magically understand it by watching YouTube videos or a couple of televised games? Not everyone likes/understands soccer, and that's ok.

The show “glosses over” most things, including soccer itself. It’s never been a platform for social a social agenda (like so many others have become) and maybe that’s what makes it so appealing?

The show goes over topics that the creators wanted to put in. And absolutely they’ve chosen their own social agendas, like with the last two episodes.

So someone who has followed their kids playing soccer for over a decade and can't understand the game will magically understand it by watching YouTube videos or a couple of televised games? Not everyone likes/understands soccer, and that's ok.
Not saying they have to understand or like it. I posted the videos so if they are inclined to learn about the rules, they may become less “clueless”. They have every right to ignore the post. But gaining knowledge on the sport usually helps people understand and enjoy it more. It was only meant to help if they wanted to view the videos, nothing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter