Ted Lasso

I am so not ok with this being the last season and there only being 3 episodes left. I absolutely love this show. It is my highlight of the week.

Jason Sudeikis has made it clear that this is the last season, but that it doesn't mean the characters might not live on. Sounds more like how Frazier lived on after Cheers ended. But that could absolutely happen because they've got all sorts of character arcs.

You suppose there could be a series just above Zava post retirement?

I will miss it tremendously. I've loved this show. It's just so heartwarming, makes me laugh and cry. As much as I would love to see more, I appreciate a show that has a plan, and a well thought out conclusion. I hate it when shows just ramble on too long. I do wish they'd planned another season or two, but I'm looking forward to a good conclusion.

I don't know...I mean I really thought he was irredeemable -- and that spitting he would do was just do darn gross.

I guess because you could see his remorse as the episodes went on. I don't love him and still harbor some resentment, but I just don't HATE him like I did in the beginning of this season. So, I guess "forgive" is too strong -- I just don't hate him anymore. 🤣

Nate is your typical personality that grew up probably bullied, zero self-esteem, and always suffered at the hands of stronger personalities. You'll recall at the beginning, no one even knew his name or treated him with any sort of respect and we find that was all through his life--including his father.

He then gets a little attention and confidence from Ted, does a great job, gets out on social media and earns a bit of "fame" and totally lets it go to his head--in a really horrible way. I think I always knew that his behavior was based in a deep-seated feeling of being inferior.

He's now starting to realize all this and come to terms with it so I think, while it's been tough to watch, it's going to result in great personal growth for Nate.

I don't know...I mean I really thought he was irredeemable -- and that spitting he would do was just do darn gross.

I guess because you could see his remorse as the episodes went on. I don't love him and still harbor some resentment, but I just don't HATE him like I did in the beginning of this season. So, I guess "forgive" is too strong -- I just don't hate him anymore. 🤣
That's the boat I'm in as well. I think a lot of it is because of how sad and pathetic he is and in combination with seeing him grow a pair and kinda stand up to Rupert. - Jade does a lot for his likability as well. I certainly don't like him, but I'm not disgusted with him like I was. I feel like he wants to be like Ted and I do think it gets to him (in a good way) and he recognizes how Ted always takes the high road.

RE: Nate

What exactly did that for you? Is it just how sad and sometimes pathetic he comes off? He certainly did nothing to redeem his abominable treatment of Ted and the team. So many chances to take a higher road (like Ted & Henry at the game) but he fails every time. Is it because he rejected the prostitute Rupert offered him? :confused:

I'm not there yet. I do feel kind of sorry for him sometimes, especially about his dad, but I still don't like him, and I definitely don't trust him. I do hope he continues to use the fresh start of his new relationship with Jade to be a better person, but I don't think it would be good for him to be back with the team.

Nate is your typical personality that grew up probably bullied, zero self-esteem, and always suffered at the hands of stronger personalities. You'll recall at the beginning, no one even knew his name or treated him with any sort of respect and we find that was all through his life--including his father.

He then gets a little attention and confidence from Ted, does a great job, gets out on social media and earns a bit of "fame" and totally lets it go to his head--in a really horrible way. I think I always knew that his behavior was based in a deep-seated feeling of being inferior.

He's now starting to realize all this and come to terms with it so I think, while it's been tough to watch, it's going to result in great personal growth for Nate.

I think you're right, but in a way it almost makes me angrier at him because he knew how it felt to be bullied and he still turned around bullied others as soon as he had the power to.

Can't wait to watch tonight with my family. In terms of Nate - I just see so much personal growth in him. He knows that he needs to make amends for his actions. I agree with him being bullied and just basically forgotten that when he got some attention it went to his head and he made some bad choices. Happens to lots of people - I have hope that he will turn it around and walk away from Rupert.

Jason Sudeikis has made it clear that this is the last season, but that it doesn't mean the characters might not live on. Sounds more like how Frazier lived on after Cheers ended. But that could absolutely happen because they've got all sorts of character arcs.

You suppose there could be a series just above Zava post retirement?
I think that you could continue the series with whoever becomes the new coach (I think Roy or Nate) of AFC Richmond since I really believe Ted is leaving to return to Kansas but it just wouldn't have the same feel to it. I respect their decision to end the series but I can still be sad to see it come to a close.

That was a really good episode, We also were happy to see the early, Tues night drop. We've noticed Apple does that from time to time. Did it with Lasso a few weeks ago, and Big Door Prize. Can tell they're wrapping up a few storylines. I know I previously said I''m glad they've planned for the series to end, but last night reminded me that I'll really miss these characters, and sure wish there would be more.

I would say nice touch with the "Canadian" broadcast that they were watching.

It was a great episode. I will need to rewatch it since my neighbor decided to knock on my door to tell me that my dog has an annoying bark and she will contact the police whenever he barks. Yes I have a hound. There is a possum living under the shed next door and the possum was teasing him so he was howling for exactly 1 minute until I dragged his butt inside. There were at least 10 other dogs barking in the neighborhood but apparently only my dog has an annoying bark. She completely ruined my evening and the vibe but I did channel Ted and not say all the things I wanted to say to her.

I would say nice touch with the "Canadian" broadcast that they were watching.
:goodvibes Cute - I never knew Thierry, the goalie character, was Canadian! The goofy play-by-play from the supposedly-Canadian commentator was a bit much though.

:goodvibes Cute - I never knew Thierry, the goalie character, was Canadian! The goofy play-by-play from the supposedly-Canadian commentator was a bit much though.

They’ve worked in all sorts backgrounds based on the actors. The actor who plays Sam is Nigerian-British. I heard the role was originally cast as Ghanaian, but they changed it for him. They guy who plays Zoreaux/Van Damme has Haitian ancestry but was born in Quebec. He doesn’t speak much French on the show, but does occasionally translate when Richard uses foul language in anger. I still would have pegged him as African-American without the background.

I loved this weeks episode. Ted is such a good guy. I am really not ready for it to all end next week. I really love the characters and the true growth they have made over the past 3 seasons.

The initial woman was Bex, who is Rupert's (now ex) wife with whom he had a baby. And the other woman is Ms. Kakes, who was Rupert's assistant that he had an affair with. I'm really curious where they are going with this story line in the last episode.
Ahhh...thank you. I didn't get it either.

I loved this weeks episode. Ted is such a good guy. I am really not ready for it to all end next week. I really love the characters and the true growth they have made over the past 3 seasons.
It was such a good episode--but it was a tough watch. I am going to be so sad when it's over. Fingers crossed for a spin off of some sort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter