Ted Lasso

It was a great episode. I will need to rewatch it since my neighbor decided to knock on my door to tell me that my dog has an annoying bark and she will contact the police whenever he barks. Yes I have a hound. There is a possum living under the shed next door and the possum was teasing him so he was howling for exactly 1 minute until I dragged his butt inside. There were at least 10 other dogs barking in the neighborhood but apparently only my dog has an annoying bark. She completely ruined my evening and the vibe but I did channel Ted and not say all the things I wanted to say to her.

Not to derail this thread, but she can call all she wants. If you are making an attempt to pull your dog inside when it barks and not allowing "sustained" barking, she's out of luck. Believe me, I know. I have dogs and they do bark but I let them in right away. My neighbor, on the other hand, has a dog and lets it bark incessently. I had to look up the local ordinances on barking and apparently if the bark is sustained for a period of like 10 minutes, they can do something about it. But your neighbor will need to provide proof of your negligence.

I loved this episode. Only part I didn't care for was Ted's mother. Maybe it was the actress or her lines that just didn't do it for me and, while I realize her showing up was a plot device so he could move on from his father's death and his mother's "sweeping it under the rug" it just fell flat with me. Otherwise, loved Beard's backstory coming out, loved Jade's manipulations, loved Jamie's family scenes.

It was such a good episode--but it was a tough watch. I am going to be so sad when it's over. Fingers crossed for a spin off of some sort!
My oldest daughter said she is not sure if she will be able to watch the finale. She compared it to the Grey's Anatomy episode when Derrick died - she was literally despondent when it happened. I swear she sobbed for at least an hour. I hope the episode will be like 2 hours long.

Not to derail this thread, but she can call all she wants. If you are making an attempt to pull your dog inside when it barks and not allowing "sustained" barking, she's out of luck. Believe me, I know. I have dogs and they do bark but I let them in right away. My neighbor, on the other hand, has a dog and lets it bark incessently. I had to look up the local ordinances on barking and apparently if the bark is sustained for a period of like 10 minutes, they can do something about it. But your neighbor will need to provide proof of your negligence.
Thank you for the information. I also looked up the information for my state - it is 10 minutes of continuous barking from 7am to 10pm and then 5 minutes between 10 pm and 7am. He is a hound I really do not think that I can ever get him to stop barking - it is just in his nature. He has 2 barks one is deeper - someone is here and the other is very high and piercing - this is when he has seen another animal or treed a squirrel. This bark is very loud and does sound like the coyotes. I just can't bring myself to put a bark collar on him. We have a fully fenced backyard so he does not have any experience with invisible fencing. My brother who is a police officer laughed so hard when he heard the story. I am not going to worry until the police show up at my door.

I loved this episode. Only part I didn't care for was Ted's mother. Maybe it was the actress or her lines that just didn't do it for me and, while I realize her showing up was a plot device so he could move on from his father's death and his mother's "sweeping it under the rug" it just fell flat with me. Otherwise, loved Beard's backstory coming out, loved Jade's manipulations, loved Jamie's family scenes.
Beard's backstory actually brought me to tears - Just loved how powerful the idea of second chances is.

Thank you for the information. I also looked up the information for my state - it is 10 minutes of continuous barking from 7am to 10pm and then 5 minutes between 10 pm and 7am. He is a hound I really do not think that I can ever get him to stop barking - it is just in his nature. He has 2 barks one is deeper - someone is here and the other is very high and piercing - this is when he has seen another animal or treed a squirrel. This bark is very loud and does sound like the coyotes. I just can't bring myself to put a bark collar on him. We have a fully fenced backyard so he does not have any experience with invisible fencing. My brother who is a police officer laughed so hard when he heard the story. I am not going to worry until the police show up at my door.
At least you're doing something about it and that's good enough for most normal people! As for the bark collar (I have one but not for barking--my rescue came with one for fence jumping). Honestly she can be easily freaked out and yipey over silly things, and she's never cried out or anything when we had ot use the collar. It's just kind of redirects her.

I'm only half-way through the episode, but I think we're supposed to feel like something is "off" because something actually is off between her and Ted. - I'm wondering if she's ill and not telling him yet or something?

I just can't bring myself to put a bark collar on him. We have a fully fenced backyard so he does not have any experience with invisible fencing.
I don't blame you one bit! I couldn't do that either.

I really enjoyed this episode, but I do agree that the dialogue/interaction between Ted and his mom could've been a little better written, but it was still good. I loved what Mae had to say about parents, how they mess us up, then we mess up our kids, and so on. She's had some really good lines in this season. I teared up quite a bit throughout, but especially with Beard's story. That was unexpected, but well done, and adds so much more to both his character and Ted's. Can't believe there's only 1 more episode.

I thought that also. I won't go further since you're not done.
Finished now. Glad they cleared the air, and I think they will be better moving forward.

I teared up quite a bit throughout, but especially with Beard's story. That was unexpected, but well done, and adds so much more to both his character and Ted's. Can't believe there's only 1 more episode.
Definitely unexpected, and well done. I love how Ted subtly reminded him of it now that it's kind of "his turn". I admit I didn't think Nate should come back before, but now it just sort of fits the theme.

aww get the hankies. that was a good finale. Started off a bit weird and silly, and I was getting worried, but finished so, so strong. Great series finale!

Yeah...a bit of a weird start, but man the "So Long, Farewell" bit got me.....saw it was the title and knew it would. I glanced over at my husband and he too was wiping away tears...a bit more "Roy Kent" style, but it got him too ;). What a lovely sweet show....at a time when we all needed it.

I liked the final episode. Without spoiling things...

1. Loved how they handled Keely/Roy/Jamie
2. Rebecca's resolution was pretty much what I was expecting (and well done)
3. The locker room video did me in - shed some tears (as did the "So Long, Farewell")
4. I thought things wrapped up nicely and nothing was left hanging

I'm normally a crier at TV shows/movies, but I didn't cry at all. I did really like it though. There were two things I wanted to see happen -- spoilers below:

1. Rebecca to reconnect with the guy from Amsterdam. ✔️
2. For Jamie to see that his dad was now sober and to reconnect with him. ✔️
I'm also glad that they didn't have Keeley choose Roy or Jamie (for now anyway), that Nate didn't become the manager, and that Dr. Sharon is back.

I'm happy with how they tied it up -- I'm sad to see it go though.

I think what I'll remember about this season was how uneven the first 10 episodes were and how good the last 2 episodes were. It's almost like they could've gone right to Episode 11 at the end of Season 2 and we wouldn't have missed a lot.

I think what I'll remember about this season was how uneven the first 10 episodes were and how good the last 2 episodes were. It's almost like they could've gone right to Episode 11 at the end of Season 2 and we wouldn't have missed a lot.

It did clean up some loose ends where you really needed to see what happened previously to understand. Like Sam playing for Nigeria and Rebecca running into Mr. Airline Pilot. And almost anything to do with Nate coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter