Telemarketers Should NOT be Allowed to Call From a 407 Area Code!

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
So, I'm doing a little early spring cleaning, listening to an old pod cast from 2007 and my phone rings...I check the caller ID and it shows a 407 area code and it says "Orlando Florida" instead of a caller's name.

A hundred things ran through my mind, why is Disney calling? Did I win a trip?
Some sort of prize? A response to a letter I sent them in May? No, wait, maybe someone from the podcast is calling since I just sent them an email Thursday? Is it Julie? (nevermind that I didn't include my phone number in the email) Do I get to pick an envelope? Are they going to read my email Wednesday? ... and a couple other thoughts too silly and out there to mention.

I can't even tell you how excited I was to answer the phone......and who does it turn out to be???? A recording trying to sell me an auto warranty! :headache: I mean, that is just cruel. So I'm thinking legislation should be considered banning telemarketers from calling from the 407 area code, because it's just mean.

So, I'm doing a little early spring cleaning, listening to an old pod cast from 2007 and my phone rings...I check the caller ID and it shows a 407 area code and it says "Orlando Florida" instead of a caller's name.

A hundred things ran through my mind, why is Disney calling? Did I win a trip?
Some sort of prize? A response to a letter I sent them in May? No, wait, maybe someone from the podcast is calling since I just sent them an email Thursday? Is it Julie? (nevermind that I didn't include my phone number in the email) Do I get to pick an envelope? Are they going to read my email Wednesday? ... and a couple other thoughts too silly and out there to mention.

I can't even tell you how excited I was to answer the phone......and who does it turn out to be???? A recording trying to sell me an auto warranty! :headache: I mean, that is just cruel. So I'm thinking legislation should be considered banning telemarketers from calling from the 407 area code, because it's just mean.
There are a lot of telemarketing jobs here...lots of call centers. But you're right...that's mean. :laughing:

Yea! Been there.... :guilty:

DS gets medicine shipped to him monthly and they recently just switched to a place in Orlando. I got home one day and was so excited I had this important message to call someone in Orlando (thought maybe Kevin was returning my phone calls :lmao: - wouldn't hurt to call his best friend sometime) anyway....it was them. Totally let down.

It is funny bc this just happened to me today. I got excited thinking that my DVC trade came through for Hawaii...Oh well.

I had a 407 number on my called ID with no message today. I called it back but it was out of service.... I feel your pain

This just happened to me the other day, too! I never answer "out of area" calls, but this one was a 407 area code, so I had to answer. It was spme recording about a credit card :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter