Tell me about banshees

I bought one during opening weekend of Pandora and I love it! I'm an AP, so I've taken it back to the parks with me several times. After a bit of playing with it, I've gotten to where I can make the movements look pretty organic and kids especially seem to love it. I've had lots of kids standing next to me in line ask to pet my banshee and get really excited to watch it moving around. I've even had multiple grown adults ask "is it real?"

I also have multiple local Renaissance Festivals and I'm looking forward to brining my Banshee along with me to those and I'm planning to incorporate it into a cosplay I'm working on based on the Dragonriders of Pern series to wear to conventions, so I have lots of opportunities to take my banshee out and about.

So I would suggest thinking about other opportunities you might have to use it as well when deciding whether or not you think the banshee will be a good value for you. They are very well made and look a lot better than other shoulder creatures I've seen for sale at Renaissance Festivals in the past, so for me, it was definitely worth the price. You'll have to decide for yourself how much use you think you'll get out of it, though.

View attachment 308537

I've never seen the Avatar movie, so this is what I imagine when I'm actually riding Flights of Passage. My first thought on my first time on the ride was "This is just like Pern!" :)

Yes, me, too! Pandora looks enough like the descriptions of Pern that FoP is a great match for Dragon riding!

And as an update, my banshee was a big hit at the local Renaissance Festival today:
2018-03-17_19.18.36.jpg

So if you're a Ren Fest fan, the Banshees are a great companion for those once your Disney trip is over!

All 3 of my kids got one when we went in February and I don't think any of them have actually played with them since we got home without me asking them about them first. :( they are cool though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter