Tell me all about Fantasy!

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
So I’m going on fantasy for first time in December!! So excited!

I know there is midship detective agency thing

What else should I be sure to check out?

Thanks guys! Can’t wait!!

Enjoy! I highly recommend reading a few trip reports to get the basics. Some of my personal favorite things on the Fantasy versus the classic ships are Remy brunch, the larger rainforest room in the spa, and Satellite Falls.

The Fantasy is my FAVORITE ship!! The adult bar area is like mini-World Showcase. The art is beautiful all around the ship. Be sure to look for all the nods to the peacock theme throughout. It’s just so elegant and refined. Can’t wait for my Bermuda cruise in Sept ‘23!!

The Fantasy is my favorite ship - maybe because it’s the one we’ve been on the most. 🤣 I love the adult areas, especially La Piazza. Sitting at the bar and watching people come through us usually how we would start our evenings.

We just sailed the Fantasy for the first time a few weeks ago!

I would definitely recommend the AquaDuck, it was so much fun! We did it with not too much of a wait on Port days, like 10 minutes (on the first sea day the wait was crazy).

If you want to splurge, the Remy dessert experience was a lot of fun. You got to listen to the chef explain each dessert, and while we did enjoy some of the desserts more than others, there were some really good ones.

+1 I really enjoyed the overall elegance of the ship and the peacock theme, just taking time to admire the decor is worth it.

Even if you don’t drink go through the different bars at night and take a look at the evening decor and nighttime music. You do not need to buy a drink to sit and enjoy a bar space if they are open.

Also the evening adult hot food is back and that is worth checking out in the adult area around 10-10:30 pm.

Eat at least one breakfast and one lunch in the main dining rooms. It is sit down service which is nice. Do it early in your cruise so you can choose if you want to do that more often or if you want to eat those meals at cabanas.

There are lots of things you don’t know and don’t be afraid to ask questions. The cast will gladly answer them if they know the answer. If you want something just ask. If you don’t know if something is complimentary or has a cost just ask.

Take pictures. Lots of pictures. No obligation to buy any and you can look at them and decide if you want to buy any of them or not.

Even if you don’t drink go through the different bars at night and take a look at the evening decor and nighttime music. You do not need to buy a drink to sit and enjoy a bar space if they are open.

Also the evening adult hot food is back and that is worth checking out in the adult area around 10-10:30 pm.

Eat at least one breakfast and one lunch in the main dining rooms. It is sit down service which is nice. Do it early in your cruise so you can choose if you want to do that more often or if you want to eat those meals at cabanas.

There are lots of things you don’t know and don’t be afraid to ask questions. The cast will gladly answer them if they know the answer. If you want something just ask. If you don’t know if something is complimentary or has a cost just ask.

Take pictures. Lots of pictures. No obligation to buy any and you can look at them and decide if you want to buy any of them or not.
We'll be on the Fantasy in a week. First time on a bigger ship, only been on the Magic and Wonder...and never been to Castaway or had a pirate night as our cruises were Alaska and Baltic sea. Which lounge do they have the evening adult hot snacks? And which MDR restaurant (s) are open for breakfast/lunch?
Thanks!

We'll be on the Fantasy in a week. First time on a bigger ship, only been on the Magic and Wonder...and never been to Castaway or had a pirate night as our cruises were Alaska and Baltic sea. Which lounge do they have the evening adult hot snacks? And which MDR restaurant (s) are open for breakfast/lunch?
Thanks!
The snacks are outside of OhLaLa. Animators Palate normally has embarkation lunch. Royal Palace and Enchanted Garden will have Breakfast/ Lunch on the other days (in April at least).

Thanks!
@epcotrulz is correct on what is said. Now Dcl can change it up on breakfast and lunch MDR so I always check the app just to make sure they didn’t throw me a curveball.

I thought they addressed that during some maintenance during the pandemic?
Nope, there was still significant vibration aft two weeks ago during the full speed run back up from the USVI to Castaway Cay. The vibration was so bad in the sports simulator that the screen was almost making me dizzy at times.

We don't sail until April 2023 but I have been enjoying watching the many YouTube videos that give you a good perspective of the ship!

We have sailed four times, once on Fantasy and it was by far our best sailing! Magic coming in second and the two Dream cruises we did were meh.

We had a cruise in Oct 2021 on the Dream, the Spring Break cruise on the Fantasy, cruises in Nov, Dec & Jan on the Wonder, Fantasy again in April 2023 and Dream in Sept 2023. Haven’t been on the Wonder yet - so very excited to see that ship. Many have said it’s a favorite. It will take a lot to top our SB on the Fantasy earlier this year! I think you’ll love it! Fun things for adults in the evening, depending on if you are traveling with kiddos or not - a ton for them to do on board. I got an amazing stone massage - try to hit the spa if you can and bank lots of hours on the top adults only deck. Also, grab a coffee at the Cove right away, you’ll get a card and you can earn a free drink after so many punches (sadly, I have three cards going atm! 😂)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter