Temp Checks

I'd love to know how many people were actually identified as having a high enough temp to be denied entry. Most people I know have a typical temp lower than average these days. It would take a lot to get high enough to register. Most with a temp that high would have not felt up to visiting the parks.

most people you know probably doesn’t have a lower temperature than average. The poor head scanners just make it seem that way.

most people you know probably doesn’t have a lower temperature than average. The poor head scanners just make it seem that way.
The ones below average in our family were taken orally.

Mine usually come in a full degree lower.

I guess with the magical express canceled, Disney expects guests to be hot after walking over from the airport, so why bother to test when everyone will fail? :)

Last edited:
Despite all the complaints, we never found them to be a big hassle. In and out very quickly.
But, I agree with getting rid of them.

There’s a team headed up by a professor at Oxford who is assessing all this stuff. She was on the news yesterday. She fully agreed these are pointless. Also you don’t get Covid from touch (1 in 10,000 chance) so all this cleaning and maybe even stopping buffets is pointless too. Also those perspex screens- another rather pointless thing also.

Vaccine is the best thing to stop covid, then fresh air. Distancing and masks inside help.

Whilst masks outside may assist a bit in very heavily crowded places (questionable there’s virtually no proven case of people catching Covid outside), in the grounds of resorts etc- that’s another pointless exercise. They do help stop spread inside.

Yup. It's mostly useless. Temperature scanners are not good for detecting Covid for a variety of reasons -- no need for me to get into unless someone wants me to ;) And more and more data has come out to support this semi-recently, which would make sense as to why Disney might now be thinking about removing it.

FWIW, when I had Covid (at least what I believe was Covid - I had all the symptoms, including some less common ones) my temperature never went over 99.6. I was never tested because I didn't meet the high fever criteria in order to be tested.

And, people's normal body temperature can vary. For example, my daughter's normal body temperature is 99.1.

There are still some places around here doing temperature checks. Some of them don't even look at the thermometer, they are just going through the motions.

Also you don’t get Covid from touch (1 in 10,000 chance) so all this cleaning and maybe even stopping buffets is pointless too. Also those perspex screens- another rather pointless thing also.

They don't ever need to come back. Sure there's sneeze guards but not everyone is that tall. Coughing and sneezing still occur and then it's all over food or plates.

I am glad the temp checks are going away. There are many things that can cause a hot forehead that are not a fever (such as the sunburn I got last week even using a high SPF) and it was just a layer of extra anxiety for me. I took my temp in the room every day so I knew I was good to go. I was even afraid to make ADRs in case I got turned away. I have only had a fever once in all the years of visiting WDW, and believe me, I didn’t want to be anywhere but in bed (it was a case of the seasonal flu about twenty years ago).

Same observations as many of you. My two teenagers and myself have checked temps at least twice a day for over a year now. It was required for them both for hybrid school and activities - once they resumed. We all typically measure low (both with our forehead scanners and at doctors' offices) - usually in the 96.6 to 97.3 range. Never in 14 months have any of us had a temp over 98. We were all super worried though when we got sunburned badly at Disney over Spring Break. That did up us to 98 even. Still, super nerve-wracking. Glad it's over.

They don't ever need to come back. Sure there's sneeze guards but not everyone is that tall. Coughing and sneezing still occur and then it's all over food or plates.

Or how about let them return and people can decide if they want to eat there or not, if enough don't then they will change them. Buffets/salad bars are back around me and they are the same busy as before.

Or how about let them return and people can decide if they want to eat there or not, if enough don't then they will change them. Buffets/salad bars are back around me and they are the same busy as before.
I agree. Let folks decide for themselves if they wish to eat at a buffet. If you do not wish to, then please skip that eating format and let those of us that want to, do so. Kind of like fastpasses. Folks say they do not want fastpasses to return because it makes their vaca too scripted and time intensive per getting from one place to the other. This is confusing to me. If it causes a problem then do not use the fastpass system BUT let those of us that enjoy FPs utilize the system for three rides or attractions each day. In both cases with two options both groups of folks can be served or not partake. When an option is eliminated only one group is served.

I agree. Let folks decide for themselves if they wish to eat at a buffet. If you do not wish to, then please skip that eating format and let those of us that want to, do so. Kind of like fastpasses. Folks say they do not want fastpasses to return because it makes their vaca too scripted and time intensive per getting from one place to the other. This is confusing to me. If it causes a problem then do not use the fastpass system BUT let those of us that enjoy FPs utilize the system for three rides or attractions each day. In both cases with two options both groups of folks can be served or not partake. When an option is eliminated only one group is served.
It's amazing how people forget there can be choices. This all or nothing attitude absolutely confounds me. The same issues occur now with buffets that occurred before - I was fine with them then and fine with them now. Instead of taking them away for those who enjoy them - simply don't go. As for FPs - I enjoy a scripted vacation and love knowing what I able to ride and when - again, if you don't - opt out. It's honestly a simple choice - but then for some... allowing you to have a choice, is a real problem.

It's amazing how people forget there can be choices. This all or nothing attitude absolutely confounds me. The same issues occur now with buffets that occurred before - I was fine with them then and fine with them now. Instead of taking them away for those who enjoy them - simply don't go. As for FPs - I enjoy a scripted vacation and love knowing what I able to ride and when - again, if you don't - opt out. It's honestly a simple choice - but then for some... allowing you to have a choice, is a real problem.

Yup! I am not a huge buffet person not because they are gross or anything but more because the price is often higher then the amount of food I can actually eat and in some cases the buffet food is lower quality then places I can order off the menu. But a good buffet with good prices I am all for and I love a good salad bar.

Yup! I am not a huge buffet person not because they are gross or anything but more because the price is often higher then the amount of food I can actually eat and in some cases the buffet food is lower quality then places I can order off the menu. But a good buffet with good prices I am all for and I love a good salad bar.
I agree the quality can be less at some (although the new format of bring the food to the table - like Garden Grill's - is sounding to be much better in quality and is being widely praised) - I personally never get my moneys worth in food, however, our kids love them and it is a much more relaxed atmosphere and thus an enjoyable option. Can't wait for Cape May Cafe to reopen! That is one of our favorites.

Could not agree more with your comments!!! :cool1:

Yeah but you get a lot of other stuff from touch. Cleaning is a good thing.
Not disagreeing that it isn't good, but we can't live in a sterile world and the "other stuff" helps our immune systems to build natural immunity over time. Cleaning and using alcohol to clean is what is helping to create certain bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics and other methods to kill that "other stuff". We don't need another superbug down the road.

I agree. Let folks decide for themselves if they wish to eat at a buffet. If you do not wish to, then please skip that eating format and let those of us that want to, do so.

It’s actually Disney’s choice to bring them back or not, and not anybody else’s.

Disney will choose what format they would like to proceed with from a logistical, business and health perspective and either bring back buffets or not. Doesn’t matter what all the keyboard warriors on either side have to say.

It’s actually Disney’s choice.

Disney will choose what format they would like to proceed with from a logistical, business and health perspective and either bring them back or not.
Disney has chosen - we can see what format they have chosen and most are very happy with the service and quality of food. Buffets are a huge draw for Disney and getting them back in some fashion was a priority and I think they have done a pretty good job.

It’s actually Disney’s choice.

Disney will choose what format they would like to proceed with from a logistical, business and health perspective and either bring them back or not.
True, but it comes down to is the customer wanting it. I recently went through a hotel buffet breakfast, now served cafeteria style, and was spoon fed items. Meaning a tiny little spoonful of each item. I haven't been to a Disney family service yet but did go to a local restaurant that converted to family style. It was not very good and they brought small little dishes of food for the table requiring us to ask for more right away. We decided we won't bother going back.

Disney has chosen - we can see what format they have chosen and most are very happy with the service and quality of food. Buffets are a huge draw for Disney and getting them back in some fashion was a priority and I think they have done a pretty good job.

Disney has NOT chosen how to proceed with buffet dining yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter