• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Terminator rumors

Calling it now. Pitch Perfect. What other Universal franchise could it be other than Bourne? A song and dance show that would be a draw for young females makes a lot of sense.

Only if they have Fat Amy hanging from the ceiling....

I think if it is a Star Trek attraction, the knee jerk reaction would be to make it a simulator ride. I think it would be more interesting to make it a roller coaster, like the Star Trek coaster out in Germany (I think, I forget what it is called).

I have been under the impression for years that Jim Hill posts more rumors than fact and most of it never comes to fruition?? Is that not true?

I haven't found that to be the case. Reporting on an industry like this is built on rumors and sources talking on background or anonymously, since you're talking about a few dozen people being involved in these decisions before new attractions are officially announced. And sometimes those rumors will be wrong and sometimes plans change. He's certainly had it wrong before, but he doesn't just make things up.

Putting the idea of whether it's true, or not aside about Star Trek and simply talking about the idea itself, it seems like it would be Universal's response to the whole Star Wars Land taking over at Disney.

While it would create buzz, it wouldn't make as much as an impact since it's one lone attraction, but it seems as if it would be the main reason for them to do it, since they have been trying to create a new film franchise. However at the same time it doesn't have nearly as much as a box office pull as Star Wars does even though they have a passionate following.

But if we have to go back to sci-fi and go with a Universal property I vote going...

246jb5j.gif

Star Trek is not a Universal Franchise, so fairly sure it's not that. Universal was specific to call the replacement something they own.

Yea that was my first thought too. Wouldn't mind Star Trek but sinc ethey don't own it it seems like it is unlikely for this location. O coudl see them in the future adding a Star Trek attraction (they had one at one point in time even) but don't think it will be T2:3D's replacement

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter