• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thankyou DISboards and all it's moderators and members

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
The title speaks for itself really - I have picked up so much info on here during the past couple of weeks since I found this forum, my only regret is that I didn't know you were here before our first trips - I now know which restaurants I have to eat at :love: and which rides I should've avoided :scared1:

Everyone's so friendly and helpful - it's one of the nicest forums I've ever come across, must be the Disney magic :wizard:
:disrocks: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

What a kind thought Jill - I have to agree that this is a lovely friendly board. Some other boards aren't quite so kind with their comments but everyone on here is a credit to the Disney spirit!!! :grouphug:

I've been posting on various web forums and newsgroups for about 10 years now and I've never come across a comunity as friendly and helpful as this one. Most of us can only go to DLRP every now and then but at the same time our obsession is 24/7, so it's nice to be able to chat to like minded people in the 'between time'. We have a fantastic mix of people from all walks of life of all ages and we all get on like we've been friends for years - that Disney magic is powerful stuff!

I completely agree with you, Jill! I've only been here for a few months but it feels like one big, happy family. I haven't really visited the other boards here but the DLP board is fantastic. I love it! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. :) I'm sure the tips that have been passed around will be a great help for our trip next month. :bounce:

I get very excited about checking this board every day. :D

princess: princess: princess:

Totally agree, there is so much helpful information on here and everyones very friendly and always willing to give advice/opinions etc! :sunny:

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

Agree with everything already said:goodvibes.....I love the Disboards in general but this DLP board is REALLY something special!!!:wizard:

And to think when I first ventured over from the UK Planning forum just to have a little "peep" I was one of the "you'll never get me to Eurodisney" brigade,(didn't even know it had changed its name to DLP!!!), well you have all convinced me otherwise to the degree that I have bought shares in the place and booked two trips there and am planning a third for next year!:rotfl2:

Thanks everyone!:disrocks:

I was one of the "you'll never get me to Eurodisney" brigade,(didn't even know it had changed its name to DLP!!!), well you have all convinced me otherwise to the degree that I have bought shares in the place and booked two trips there and am planning a third for next year!

Are you converted or what, Elaine? ;)

And to think when I first ventured over from the UK Planning forum just to have a little "peep" I was one of the "you'll never get me to Eurodisney" brigade,(didn't even know it had changed its name to DLP!!!), well you have all convinced me otherwise to the degree that I have bought shares in the place and booked two trips there and am planning a third for next year!

Elaine - after all our hype, I really hope you enjoy the place!! :duck: :teeth:

Jill
I agree this board is great :) Came here last year and have not left :teeth:

Reid

Elaine - I'm so amused that you've booked three trips and bought an annual pass and shares without ever having visited! :rotfl2: I hope (for the DLP board's sake!) that you enjoy it and don't come back telling us it doesn't compare to WDW! :rotfl2:

Bonnie said:
Elaine - I'm so amused that you've booked three trips and bought an annual pass and shares without ever having visited! :rotfl2: I hope (for the DLP board's sake!) that you enjoy it and don't come back telling us it doesn't compare to WDW! :rotfl2:

Bonnie, I know....am I mad or what!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know it will never be the same as WDW .....but it is Disney!:wizard:

When we returned from Florida we decided we would go for 3 weeks on our next visit and planned it for 2007, mainly so we had plenty of time to save up for it!!!:rotfl2: Going to DLP is a way of getting a little bit of Disney magic inbetween WDW trips (there is no way on this earth that we could afford to go to WDW every year) and by buying AP's and going DIY it has worked out at about the same price we would pay for a weeks holiday in UK. We paid nearly £700 for a week in a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight last summer! As to the shares, once my DD's hit the shops I think I'll soon recoup my initial outlay on them!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think I've read enough on here to realise what the downsides are to DLP and I am sure we are all going to LOVE it!!!:wizard:

I know it will never be the same as WDW .....but it is Disney!

Exactly!! As long as you are aware of this and don't go expecting a WDW equivalent, you should really enjoy it and be able to appreciate the different qualities of DLP.

I love Dis too! :love:
I haven't been visiting here for long but in that time I've learnt so much & felt really welcome. :goodvibes Coming here encouraged me to buy Simons Brits guide & I'm glad I did, its very useful. Kira (DD) enjoys looking at the gallery & keeps telling me which rides we should go on first! :rotfl:

I bought some lime green ribbon off ebay the other so I'm ready & raring to go! :banana:

Hugs & magic to you all. :wizard: :grouphug:

Hi everyone

I completely agree with what everyone else has said, this is such a friendly (and also very useful) board. I have been without internet access at home for over a month now ( :badpc: and hate not being able to come on here whenever I want. I'm only managing to check the boards twice a week at most at the minute, but hope to be back on the internet next week and be able to come on the boards every day again!

Rhiannon

Rhianon you have my sympathies :)
I'd not be a happy bunny without my Dis fix :love:

Reid

Gosh Rhiannon, I lost my PC once for five days and I nearly went :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter