• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thankyou DISboards and all it's moderators and members

Getting back to what was being said about comparisons between DLP and WDW. I live in the UK now but lived in Canada for 18 years. During that time we used to regularly drive down to Florida to WDW. When we booked to go to DLP for the first time it was with a heavy heart-I expected it to be crap in comparison to WDW. Well I soon found out that I couldn't have been more wrong. In my opinion DLP is so much prettier than WDW. The architecture just seems to have more of a European flair with more detail than its American counterpart. I also think DLP is much more suitable for the younger kids as it is so much more manageable in terms of size! Also, the pink castle in my opinion is so much nicer than the blue and the Disneyland Hotel in Paris at the entrance to the gates is absolutely breathtaking!!! Now I'm not saying that I will never go to WDW again as I do intend to when our children are older but I imagine DLP will remain my favourite. Also, we are going to book DLP again during the Christmas season which we have never done before. I am so excited after seeing all the fabulous photos!! How gorgeous does main street look all covered in snow! I would imagine that the Christmas atmoshpere in DLP would just not be the same in any of the other disney parks. We have friends who are WDW diehards. We have tried to encourage them to visit DLP but they refuse-they won't even try it which I think is very sad. I guess each to his own-it is only my opinion anyway.

I am away from my computer for a short time and look what you've all had time to talk about! What a great "welcome back" thread to find! I of COURSE agree with everyone that this board is the greatest!! It is just like a "soft place to fall" - whether you want to talk about Disney magic or you just want to be uplifted! :cheer2:

As for WDW vs. DLP comparisons... I also went to DLP for the first time after being a long-time WDW veteran, and while I had high expectations, I was NOT disappointed. They are both wonderful, magical, fantastic places to be, and at this point I would go to whichever fits my time/budget. Since I live in the Middle East, that will probably be DLP for a while. When my daughter was small I would take her out of school for weeks at a time to travel to Florida. Those days are over... but a week in DLP can always be managed... !

Is it too much to say that the best part of discovering DLP was this BOARD??? :grouphug:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have a mild disability which makes travelling difficult so DLP is as far as I go usually. I'd love to see the original park although I have also heard that 'our' park is more beautiful. I gather it has something to do with the number of genuine castles in Europe and they needed something to create that jaw dropping moment when you come into the park. I suppose when there are castles and forts and goodness knows what about the place you get a bit blase.

I would also agree with everyone else - this Discussion group is one of the best. I visit one or two on a fairly regular basis but this is my all time favourite and I have found out so much of use when I've gone to DLP.

Thanks for the sympathy; luckily I've been able to go on the internet a couple of times a week (thanks Mum/diberry! ;) ) but I've hated not being able to log on whenever I want. :badpc: and not getting my DIS fix :disrocks:

Thankfully our new router (or something) came today so I'm back on, having a big catch-up and I'll probably not come off the internet all weekend! :cloud9:

Rhiannon :wizard:

Nice to see you Rhiannon! I hope your routers sorts itself out (anyone else think this sounds painful? LOL)

Hi Rhianon
hope the technology is back to full speed :) Not nice when it lets' you down.

Reid

Miffy2003 said:
I hope your routers sorts itself out (anyone else think this sounds painful? LOL)

:rotfl2:

Thanks Reid, Becky and Miffy, I have to say I'm having so much fun having a major catch-up that it was almost worth the computer being broken for so long (well maybe not). I will probably be posting a fair bit now - I've got a long way to go to catch you all up and become a DIS cast member!!

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter