• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That Pirate Stole My Tiara: The Pre-Trip Report

My boss bought me a hot pink one, no idea where she got it. I have nothing work related to put in it so it just sits on my shelf at work, I wonder if she would notice if I took it home. :rotfl:

I found a hot pink and aqua one at Target yesterday! Wahoo!

Can't wait to find out if you got a good deal on airfare!

I didn't buy it yet. Airfare had to take a back seat to real life. But maybe today. I'm afraid to go and look at how much it has potentially risen!

I have nothing work related to put in it so it just sits on my shelf at work, I wonder if she would notice if I took it home. :rotfl:

That binder is cryin' for some good use.
I can hear it.
All the way over here.

"LL, fill me with your lists, LL!"

Tink, I'm just catching up with the links so I don't know if this was covered yet or not but you can take Magical Express when you fly Southwest. It's the resort checkin that you can't use.

So I have heard. We (well, I) decided to really splurge and booked us a limo for the ride in.

Travelin' in style, baybee!

I found a hot pink and aqua one at Target yesterday! Wahoo!

I love me some Tarjay. Second only to IKEA.

Um, Tink?

I'm sort of persuing the Disney Shopping site...not that I plan on buying anything, no no, that would be irresponsible but..

I THINK YOU NEED THIS!

Have we discussed your undeniable pull to the Dark Side? :darth:
And your determination to take me with you?

That IS an adorable tee.

Tink might just find a reason to need it. After she pays the rent.

Ladies and gents, thanks for sticking with me. After a rather unplanned DIS break over the weekend I'm back to the norm. Hoping for an update today or tomorrow as I have some trip-related stuff I've been working on and, as a good PTR writer, should update you with.

More soon!

:flower3:

Have we discussed your undeniable pull to the Dark Side? :darth:
And your determination to take me with you?

That IS an adorable tee.

Tink might just find a reason to need it. After she pays the rent.

Well, rent is important. That being said, so are t-shirts with adorable lovable characters on them. I actually considered doing the matchy family thing...but do I really wear neon? Well, I have. But that was in the 80s. The Tink one, however, I think is ADORABLE! I just couldn't bring myself to go for neon Minnie. And this is what you get from an overtired brain.:lmao:

So, you know that chapter you posted several pages back? The one with the list? The list that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than you thought? This pre-trippie has been on my list and I can FINALLY say I'm caught up and on board.

Oh, and the other chapter you posted even further back? The one that made me cry and call my dad? Thank you. :goodvibes

So, you know that chapter you posted several pages back? The one with the list? The list that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than you thought? This pre-trippie has been on my list and I can FINALLY say I'm caught up and on board.

Oh, and the other chapter you posted even further back? The one that made me cry and call my dad? Thank you. :goodvibes

sharkB8HooHaHa
I just wanted to say: Coolest. Avatar. Ever. :thumbsup2

We've disucssed a lot of things on this here pre-trippie:
-resorts
-ADRs
-shoes
-flights
-trip binders
-shoes
-itineraries
-shoes
-bags
-shoes

But we haven't yet really discussed one of my favoritest things in the whole wide World. And world.

Mornings at Disney.

By nature and habit, I'm an early riser. Work used to require that I be up by 3:50 a.m. so that I was on the 5:25 a.m. train into the city.
surprised-003.gif

Trust me, I know EXACTLY how Susan Powter feels when she's screaming "Stop the insanity!"

Now I don't get up quite so early any more, but I'm willing to bet I'm more than half-way to work before your alarm has awoken you from your sweet slumber. And I don't mind it. Although I'm not the cheeriest person to deal with (BF, in my head, is telling me this is the understatement of the century) pre-8 a.m. and a glass of OJ, I do pretty much enjoy being up with the birds. It's a quiet and peaceful time of day.

Missy is the yin to my yang. I often keep from calling her until well after noon on a Saturday, knowing it's her day to sleep in. Matter of fact, when she sent me picture mail this past weekend before 10:30 a.m., I immediately called her to make sure everything was ok. In essence, she's a sleeper-inner. Particularly on days when she's not working, i.e. weekends and vacation.

I was initially worried that this would lead to the committment of my inner park commando to a pretty mental health "hospital", complete with a white jacket that ties in the back and a new room with soft walls. UNTIL I reminded myself that I would be taking it slow this time around. Something I've NEVER done while in Disney, even on solo trips. I'm always go-go-go from the crack of dawn until the park closes.

And yes, I was in fact the person that you saw napping for six full circuits on the train around the MK that day. Seriously, who needs to return to the hotel for some nappage when there's a perfectly good moving vehicle available?

Quick OT aside - I was a good baby. My parents assure me so. As they assure everyone else so that said people understand the gravity meant when my parents then said, "And then there was Kyle." (My brother.) I cried when I was hungry, hurt or wet for an extended period. That's about it. I was a champion sleeper and a champion napper (the latter of which I wish was an Olympic event). Back in the day (which was a Wednesday, I might add - for all you Dane Cook fans out there!) when I was just the cutest lil' thang you e'er did see, my parents had no money. NONE. $0. And so instead of going out to places that cost money, after dinner most nights, they'd just go for a ride around the city or to one of the nearby towns or to Newport (they still do this to this day). They'd just drive, with me all snapped in and snuggled in the back seat. THIS is how to ensure that your child, as an adult, will fall asleep when a passenger in ANY moving vehicle for more than 8 minutes. So back to the story at hand...

Wow. That was a diversion from a diversion from the whole point of this post.

I even amaze myself sometimes.

Anywho...

So, in the past, whilst enjoying Where the Magic Lives, I have been an early riser and a napper. Said naps were not just limited to the MK train. No, no, my friends. I've fallen asleep on/in:
-the PeopleMover (NOTTC)
-the Caroussel of Progress (and I honestly DO love this attraction)
-a little blue car that has "rotated backwards for my descent back to Earth" on SSE
-the Hall of Presidents
-the American Adventure
-the Living Seas pre-show...ok, I never actually fell asleep here but that soothing music was always singing to me "Naaaaap, Nikki. Naaaaap."

However, I haven't scheduled in much napping time for this trip since we likely won't be doing rope drop at the parks and have a whole "relaxing" day planned.

But that will not stop me from waking up, ready to start the day, sometime between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. Missy, I imagine, will not really be rousable until sometime after 8 a.m.

Ahem. Excuse me for a minute while I stuff the commando beast back into her cage.
:moped:
Ahem. Where were we?

So, that begs the question - what will Tink do with herself with all of that early morning time?
bad-idea-014.gif
I tend to prefer to shower at night when I get in from the parks, so the "grooming" factor will be down. Plus, I don't want to be doing anything in the room that will disturb Missy. Which means something outside the room. I've spent the past few days thinking about this and have come up with a very loose "wish list" of ideas for some morning ME time:

-early morning, empty resort picture-taking
-walks by the beach and perhaps on the paths to SOG (looking for hucifer's elusive alligators) and the GF (pondering how I am the only person on the planet who has no desire to stay there)
-some early a.m. hammock time with a book or my iPod
-finding a quiet and fairly private spot to do some exercises (while I know we can access the GF health club being Poly guests, I'd rather not spend any of this vaca in a gym). I have even noted some in my WW and SHAPE magazines that don't look too crazy to do in public
-spending some quality time with an extra serving (or six) or Tonga Toast and coffee from Cap'n Cooks
-depending on the hour, taking a solo spin around on the monorail and maybe exploring the Contemporary
or
who knows? Maybe I'll surprise myself and be able to sleep in!
surprised-019.gif

But I'm not holding my breath.

All I know is that I'm looking forward specifically to these mornings, before the craziness of the day, almost as much as I'm looking forward to the trip itself. There is nothing quite like the feel of the "Disney" air pre-7 a.m. The sky is a mixture of pale blue, lavender and coral and the World (and world) is a little quieter.
levitation.gif

Ooh, me likes the hammock. Be sure to get at least one hammock morning in so that I can live vicariously through you. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was in a hammock, and that makes me sad, ans this smiley demonstrates. :sad1:

I actually considered doing the matchy family thing...but do I really wear neon? Well, I have. But that was in the 80s.

We'll have to get you the matching sunglasses that were black with the neon 'arms'.

Wooohooo! It's sharkB8! I've seen you around...
and oh...
whatever happened to your 'Bad Ticker JuJu' pre-trip report??? I was enjoying that.

Aw. You're welcome. I hope they were all good tears.

sharkB8HooHaHa
I just wanted to say: Coolest. Avatar. Ever. :thumbsup2

Right?! sharkB8's a pretty nifty DISer.

Ooh, me likes the hammock. Be sure to get at least one hammock morning in so that I can live vicariously through you. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was in a hammock, and that makes me sad, ans this smiley demonstrates. :sad1:

I love me some hammock.
And so, in honor of your present hammocklessness, I will dedicate some of my relaxing hammock time to YOU, Jiri. :thumbsup2

This post makes me think of my best friend. I am an early riser and lets just say that she is a sleeper. Sometimes I have to hide the phone to keep from calling her at 9 or 10 am on the weekends! I think you have a great outline of things to do while your roomie is sleeping.

By the way, my best friend's name is Missy too, maybe it is something with the name.....

This post makes me think of my best friend. I am an early riser and lets just say that she is a sleeper. Sometimes I have to hide the phone to keep from calling her at 9 or 10 am on the weekends! I think you have a great outline of things to do while your roomie is sleeping.

By the way, my best friend's name is Missy too, maybe it is something with the name.....

Hey there! :wave2:

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to comment!

I've ALWAYS been an early riser. Even as a child. I'd be up and turning my bedroom into a LEGO Metropolis before the Saturday morning cartoons even started. And we used to go to 10 a.m. Mass on Sundays so no sleeping in then, either.

Perhaps it IS a name thing...though my brother's name isn't Missy...and that boy can do some sleepin'!

Only fairly trip related, but I thought I should mention that today is Missy's birthday! She's in the city to celebrate by seeing the Sox crush the Diamondbacks tonight, so another friend and I are meeting up with her in about a half hour for drinks and pub fries at this great little Irish place across the street from work called Clarke's.

Her presents from yours truly are her MNSSHP ticket and her spa pedicure. Since we're unofficially celebrating our birthdays early and late at the World (along with the feat of remaining sane thus far in 2008) I thought the presents were appropriate.

So now, and even when we're on our trip, Missy is officially OLDER than me!!!

Why yes.

I AM just using that as an excuse to feel young right now.

Because in a few short months I too will be one year away from the big 3-0.

Cue mid-life crisis.

Work used to require that I be up by 3:50 a.m. so that I was on the 5:25 a.m. train into the city.
:faint: I wouldn't be DED, I'd be DEAD.

my parents had no money. NONE. $0. And so instead of going out to places that cost money, after dinner most nights, they'd just go for a ride around the city or to one of the nearby towns or to Newport (they still do this to this day). They'd just drive, with me all snapped in and snuggled in the back seat. THIS is how to ensure that your child, as an adult, will fall asleep when a passenger in ANY moving vehicle for more than 8 minutes.
Ok, this cracked me up - borg! Is it bad that the only thing I miss about being married was being able to nap in the car while he drove?

-a little blue car that has "rotated backwards for my descent back to Earth" on SSE
::yes:: That one there's my favorite spot! :thumbsup2
So, that begs the question - what will Tink do with herself with all of that early morning time?
Seriously, you couldn't have picked a better ersort for mornings! :cool1:

-walks by the beach and perhaps on the paths to SOG (looking for hucifer's elusive alligators)
:rotfl2: I saw you found her TR - isn't she a riot? That was one of the first TRs I ever read - I became a full-time TR-reading junkie after that.

whatever happened to your 'Bad Ticker JuJu' pre-trip report??? I was enjoying that.
Bahahahaha!! Yeah, sharkB8, whatever happened to that one? LY! ;)

Only fairly trip related, but I thought I should mention that today is Missy's birthday!
Happy Bday Missy!

Cue mid-life crisis.
:rolleyes: Still a youngster! ;)

Wooohooo! It's sharkB8! I've seen you around...
and oh...

:rolleyes1
Bahahahaha!! Yeah, sharkB8, whatever happened to that one? LY! ;)

:eek: V! You're supposed to have my back at all times! ;)

Um, well, I'm getting old and it's all a blur. Seriously. It's been deposited into the part of my brain where I keep all trips and it has become an ingredient in a really fabulous vacation smoothie. I know we went. I know it was good. I just can't make out the individual flavors anymore. Except the really good part...I got to meet V and her son, Leo, and Gramma. That meal stood out (and not just because we were at Tangierene). However, we're going in October with the in-laws...:faint: Consider yourselves forewarned.

We've disucssed a lot of things on this here pre-trippie:
-resorts
-ADRs
-shoes
-flights
-trip binders
-shoes
-itineraries
-shoes
-bags
-shoes

I was wondering how many times shoes were going to make that list.;)

Mornings at Disney.

I so agree. By tradition, I wake up earliest (although we'll see if DS beats me out on this trip) and start to get ready quietly...if they're still sleeping by the time I get dressed, I do a little walk to get them some breakfast...it's my quiet time and I love it!

Quick OT aside - I was a good baby.
Me, not so much. I had days and nights mixed up. So they would turn the lights on in my room at night so I would sleep!:rotfl2:

Wow. That was a diversion from a diversion from the whole point of this post.
It's genetic.

I've fallen asleep on/in:
-the Caroussel of Progress (and I honestly DO love this attraction)
Who hasn't?

coughcoughmeetwithTKbeforesheleavescoughcough...

Only fairly trip related, but I thought I should mention that today is Missy's birthday!
Happy birthday to Missy!

So now, and even when we're on our trip, Missy is officially OLDER than me!!!

Why yes.

I AM just using that as an excuse to feel young right now.

Cue mid-life crisis.

Can you tell mine's hit already?;)

I love me some hammock.
And so, in honor of your present hammocklessness, I will dedicate some of my relaxing hammock time to YOU, Jiri. :thumbsup2

Aww, thanks! If the dedicated time in the hammock is at 9:15 Eastern on a weekday, I can spend the first few minutes of my work day envisioning myself in a hammock.

And then come crashing back to reality, which may make me want to beat my head on my desk. But those few moments of vicarious joy will have been worth it. :thumbsup2

Only fairly trip related, but I thought I should mention that today is Missy's birthday! She's in the city to celebrate by seeing the Sox crush the Diamondbacks tonight, so another friend and I are meeting up with her in about a half hour for drinks and pub fries at this great little Irish place across the street from work called Clarke's.

HBTY
HBTY
HBDM
HBTY!

Cue mid-life crisis.

You can do what I do. Surround yourself with people who are older than you, and then end up feeling not young, but slightly inadequate. I'm still waiting for someone younger than me to join my workplace.

-early morning, empty resort picture-taking
-walks by the beach and perhaps on the paths to SOG (looking for hucifer's elusive alligators) and the GF (pondering how I am the only person on the planet who has no desire to stay there)
-some early a.m. hammock time with a book or my iPod
-finding a quiet and fairly private spot to do some exercises (while I know we can access the GF health club being Poly guests, I'd rather not spend any of this vaca in a gym). I have even noted some in my WW and SHAPE magazines that don't look too crazy to do in public
-spending some quality time with an extra serving (or six) or Tonga Toast and coffee from Cap'n Cooks
-depending on the hour, taking a solo spin around on the monorail and maybe exploring the Contemporary
or
who knows? Maybe I'll surprise myself and be able to sleep in!
surprised-019.gif

But I'm not holding my breath.

All I know is that I'm looking forward specifically to these mornings, before the craziness of the day, almost as much as I'm looking forward to the trip itself. There is nothing quite like the feel of the "Disney" air pre-7 a.m. The sky is a mixture of pale blue, lavender and coral and the World (and world) is a little quieter.
levitation.gif

Clap, clap, clap!!! Beautifully written and so true!!! We saw a lot of early mornings at WDW this last trip and it is truly one of my favorite times of all! My other favorite is twilight. Love it!!!

I have a bad yearning for the World right now!

Um, well, I'm getting old and it's all a blur. Seriously. It's been deposited into the part of my brain where I keep all trips and it has become an ingredient in a really fabulous vacation smoothie. I know we went. I know it was good. I just can't make out the individual flavors anymore. Except the really good part...I got to meet V and her son, Leo, and Gramma.

Sorry, I couldnt' resist! But you're totally redeemed wiht that last part! :goodvibes Ditto my friend. Shh, don't tell anyone, but I can't remember much of my trips either by the time I write the TRs. Just make it up! :rotfl2:

Tink sorry about that little hijack - I had another thought for your mornings... boating! I don't how early they start running, but taking a boat to the GF whilst sipping some tea or coffee might be fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter