The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind having a go if people feel a new FAQ thread is now needed. Obviously I've done a lot of the ground work with my research for the www.portorleans.org site - and much of the FAQ info at the start of this thread is fine anyway, it'd just need a bit of tweaking. I guess a new Riverside one might be useful at the same time (with back references to any existing threads of course)?

Let me know what you think, or any comments from Mods would be appreciated too.

Andre

I love this thread and if you would not mind tweaking the info I would be appreciative. I don't have the knowledge as I have only visited this lovely resort one time but I enjoy reading and like to help out if I can answer a question. Thank you for offering.

I love this thread and if you would not mind tweaking the info I would be appreciative.... Thank you for offering.

I'd prefer to wait until edcrbnsoul and/or a Mod replies here, as I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. If it's then all OK, I'll go ahead and create two new threads (one for POR and one for POFQ) and start to put an updated FAQ list together.

Once that's done and running, if the Mods could maybe close the existing two lengthy threads (if they think that's appropriate) and place a pointer in the final message linking to the new threads, that'd be great.

Andre

I'd prefer to wait until edcrbnsoul and/or a Mod replies here, as I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. If it's then all OK, I'll go ahead and create two new threads (one for POR and one for POFQ) and start to put an updated FAQ list together.

Once that's done and running, if the Mods could maybe close the existing two lengthy threads (if they think that's appropriate) and place a pointer in the final message linking to the new threads, that'd be great.

Andre

:thumbsup2

So now that the 2009 rates are finally out - I called today to book our resort for our 'girls only' trip next April. Much to my surprise - there are NO rooms available at POFQ from 4/23/09-4/28/09!! :eek:

I can't believe it. I know it's a small resort, but I'm shocked that it's full already.

I wish there as another moderate that we were interested in staying at. POR is out of the question (I like it there, but there is a long story behind why we won't stay). I've never stayed at CSR or CBR, but they just don't interest me much. I'm leaning towards paying the extra $$ and upgrading to a deluxe (WL probably) resort.

I'm so sad....I was hoping on saving some $$ by staying at POFQ so that we could do other fun stuff - like Cirque.

What to do....:confused3

Pretty amazing, but surely that will change.:confused3

Something to consider about CBR - the rooms are being refurbished and the new pool opens in September - looks to be a great pool!

No resort is as quaint as FQ, but CBR is almost like a vacation within a vacation - very relaxing and tropical. :)

Hope everything works out and rooms open up for you! :goodvibes

So now that the 2009 rates are finally out - I called today to book our resort for our 'girls only' trip next April. Much to my surprise - there are NO rooms available at POFQ from 4/23/09-4/28/09!! :eek:

There's availability from the 24th onwards, can you delay your trip by one day? Before the 23rd is fine too - I wonder what's going on that's booked out a bizarre single day like 23rd April this early? (it's not even Easter or anything, it's a Thursday)

Andre

I don't mind having a go if people feel a new FAQ thread is now needed. Obviously I've done a lot of the ground work with my research for the www.portorleans.org site - and much of the FAQ info at the start of this thread is fine anyway, it'd just need a bit of tweaking. I guess a new Riverside one might be useful at the same time (with back references to any existing threads of course)?

Let me know what you think, or any comments from Mods would be appreciated too.

Andre

That would be great, I think most of the info is OK its just the prices of rentals, refrigerator, coffee maker info and the such that is behind the times.

I finally got to upgrade to POFQ for our free-dining trip next month. It took a few weeks of calling, but I did it. I can't wait. :bounce:

is the upgrade to either of the PO resorts over POP or AS worth it if youre not going to be in the room much?

is the upgrade to either of the PO resorts over POP or AS worth it if youre not going to be in the room much?

It depends on what is "worth it" to your family. For us it was DEFINITELY worth it. The small size of POFQ means a very short walk to your room after a day in the parks, the boat to DTD, the water slide since our son loves water slides, the peacefulness (once we were in our room, we would have never known that there was anyone else around).

Since POFQ has the least amount of rooms of all the moderates, it does books all the rooms quicker than the other moderates during holiday times.

We plan on Easter 2010 - yes planning early- but just because of the above reason. I even called POFQ and asked if the CS could provide gluten free (GF) food and they said yes :thumbsup2
We are going to reserve a 'room only' this November 2008 for March 27, 2010 (Saturday before Palm Sunday) for 14 nights at POFQ.

:thumbsup2 When DDP packages come out - we will convert our room only reservation to a DDP package and finalize our costs.

Room rates will go up from 2008 to 2010 - so will the DDP plan rates (and maybe some food option changes) :rotfl:

I booked for April 26th - May 3rd at POFQ yesterday and had absolutely no problems. Was I just lucky? Maybe I'm too naive, but I figured this would be an OK week. Just after spring break, just before school lets out. I guess we'll find out!!!!!:goodvibes

We are planning to stay at POFQ for the first time next summer. Can someone tell me about the bus service? Do they share buses with POR and if so, how crowded are they? Which resort do they stop at first?

We are planning to stay at POFQ for the first time next summer. Can someone tell me about the bus service? Do they share buses with POR and if so, how crowded are they? Which resort do they stop at first?

POFQ is the first stop for the buses going to and coming back from the parks. They do share with the POR, but if the bus is full after picking up at POFQ, they will go directly to the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter