The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena wrote: Was it an old tall lady with short hair? If so, that's me.

Not true--you are not the "old tall lady" but the Beautiful tall woman with the friendly smile that makes us all feel like we just arrived at our summer home!

Teena wrote: Was it an old tall lady with short hair? If so, that's me.

Not true--you are not the "old tall lady" but the Beautiful tall woman with the friendly smile that makes us all feel like we just arrived at our summer home!

Perfectly put! Her sunny disposition and welcoming smile really reflects the BC ambiance.

Perfectly put! Her sunny disposition and welcoming smile really reflects the BC ambiance.

I PM'ed a picture to her, so along with tortoni's and your more accurate description, hopefully Snargi will be able to confirm if it was indeed Teena she met.

or are those not allowed b/c they aren't "disneys"? i definitely don't want to bring it with if it can't be used. does anyone bring anything "swimming" with them to use at the pool? i never have. Just wondering if it would be more of an inconvenience if anything...

thanks!

does that mean that i will automatically get a view of the roof or parking lot? It seems like most people request views, and i am probably in the minority b/c i don't, but i would love to have one. just never requested one. at the yc, is it worth it? i see mostly bc questions here. thanks!

No that does not mean you will automatically get a view of the roof or parking lot. Honestly at the YC CL, there are even less decent standard/garden views than at the BC CL.

So many factors go into who gets what room. Depending on how full we are in CL, everybody might have to get a room based first on number in party, then to fill holes. In other words, if we are full up there for the next six days, if someone requested a courtyard view and has three people in their party and only two courtyard views are open for check-in on that particular day, and both have two queens and a daybed, if two parties are checking in that have five in a room and they booked club level standard/garden view and did not request anything, they are going to get those two courtyard views because we need to put somebody with five people in those rooms. Or the two courtyard rooms that are available let's say on the day you checkin only have two queens in them and you are a party of five, you won't get one of those rooms. And we can't put you in a room that was vacated the day before because if we are full, that would create a hole for one night and when we are full up on club level, there can't be holes obviously. And there are alot more things that determine who goes where. It's like a giant puzzle and the room assignors have to fill in all the missing pieces. Sometimes you just can't get what you want because it does not exist on the day you check-in. You will absolutely get what you booked. If you book a standard/garden then that's what you will get unless you get upgraded to a water view.

There is a chance you'll get a decent view ... maybe we will only be half full up on CL when you are there ... then everybody will most likely be happy campers because there are lots of people who could care less what the view is since they never look out anyway. Like I said before, they are there in the room to sleep, change clothes, shower, only, so lots of guests don't care at all.

Totally agree. We have been 20+ times ourselves (though this is our first trip at YC- my youngest will be 3 next month and this is already her 6th trip!:rolleyes1 ) Only once did we have a "yucky" view. We were at WL and looked out over the cast member loading area/garbage. No big. With kids as small as ours we are only in the room to sleep. I would probably be more picky about it if we were alone lounging around the hotel and soaking up the atmosphere, but if we are at the hotel we are swimming or sleeping so the view was never that important to us.:laughing:

I have tried weeding through to find a floor plan. We are staying in a Garden View CL room and was curious as to what the set up would be. Two queens and a day bed would be great but the kids are so little still that even just two queens would work. Just asking out of curiosity.

There is no set floor plan for Garden/Standard View CL rooms because there are many different shapes and sizes and the rooms are all a bit different in some way ... even with what's in them as far as furniture.

I'm looking at pictures of the YC- are the CL balconies bigger than the standard balconies?

The CL balconies look bigger in the pictures that I see.

We love to sit on the balcony at night, after spending the day in the park, just to relax and people watch

Where is the YC CL lounge located? what are the hours?

I noticed in a picture that alcoholic beverages where in the lounge, is there a fee for drinks?:confused3

Where is the YC CL lounge located? what are the hours?

I noticed in a picture that alcoholic beverages where in the lounge, is there a fee for drinks?:confused3

YC CL lounge is located on the 5th floor, close to where the elevators are.

In the evenings the lounge has beer, wine and cordials (no fee!).

I'll give you a "guestimate" of the hours since I don't remember exactly. I'm sure Teena or someone else can give you the real deal.

6:30 am - coffee
7-10 am - breakfast foods (examples: Croissants, bagels, mini muffins, banana bread, cut up fruit, whole fruit, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, yogurt, juice)
12:00 - 4:00 - snacks (gummy worms, homemade chips and dip, yogurt covered pretzels, banana chips, trail mix, soda, juice etc.)
5:00 - 7:00 - evening appetizers (and beer, wine, cordials, soda) examples - crab ragoons, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken skewers, duck quesedillas, mini eggrolls, potstickers, cheese and crackers, celery and peanut butter, veg and dip, pita and hummus.
8:00-10:00 - desserts examples: mini cheesecakes, oreo bon bons, mini tarts, etc.

HTH

We are going to be staying at the Beach Club July 25 - Aug 5. We are a bit concerned by the breakfast options. Can someone fill me in on what they had for breakfast? I know there is the Cape May table service, but how was the BEach Club Marketplace for breakfast options?

I know this may have been covered in the last 225 pages, but I kinda just skimmed them, sorry.

We are going to be staying at the Beach Club July 25 - Aug 5. We are a bit concerned by the breakfast options. Can someone fill me in on what they had for breakfast? I know there is the Cape May table service, but how was the BEach Club Marketplace for breakfast options?

I know this may have been covered in the last 225 pages, but I kinda just skimmed them, sorry.

We only stayed a few days but found the quick service to be limited.

I think that is a common thing at the deluxe resorts though. All the deluxes we have stayed at have limited choices.

That being said it depends what your family eats for breakfast typically.

This is what is listed at allears for breakfast:
Ham and Cheese Omelet Croissant $5.99
Cheese Omelet Croissant $4.81
Made to Order Yogurt Parfait $4.49
Fresh Baked Pastries $2.19 - $3.59

Along with these menu items, a variety of Grab 'n' Go items are also available, including breakfast cereals, whole fruit, chips and other snacks, and pre-made sandwiches and salads.

HTH!

I just changed my ressies from the GF to the Beach Club CL! I've never stayed at the Beach Club and I figured with the 40% pin I might as well try something new, plus Epcot is our favorite park. Now I need to change my vacation ticker! ;)

I have a few questions for you experts:
1) Does anyone have pics of the Sandcastle club for kids? If no pics, do you have a review of what you and your children thought of the club?

2) Do all CL BC rooms have a balcony? I know there seems to be a hit or miss with the non-club level rooms, but I am hoping that the GV CL rooms all have balconies.

3) We'll be arriving in Oct. during the Food and Wine fesitval at Epcot. Those of you that have gone during that time, is it more difficult to get around Epcot and do non fesitval activites, or is the festival pretty much contained to a certain area?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, can anyone give me information about the movies at the Beach club resort. we will be staying at the Boardwalk first week of Aug. My dd5 and dd7 would love to watch a movie outside by a pool at disney. Is there anywhere I can find a schedule? This will be our 6th trip to Disney with the Kids but this is something we have not done yet and it would be convenient since we will be at the Boardwalk. Thank in advance.

Hi all, can anyone give me information about the movies at the Beach club resort. we will be staying at the Boardwalk first week of Aug. My dd5 and dd7 would love to watch a movie outside by a pool at disney. Is there anywhere I can find a schedule? This will be our 6th trip to Disney with the Kids but this is something we have not done yet and it would be convenient since we will be at the Boardwalk. Thank in advance.

I just responded to your post on another thread, and then saw this one! Here's the website with the schedule: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.php

They put up a big screen on the beach and set up chaise lounge chairs facing the screen with the lake behind it. So it's not in the pool area, but really nice setting. Have fun!

also, is it in 1/2 gallon sizes or are they individual sizes? thanks!

I think they were 1/2 gallons, but maybe not quite that big. The milk from the marketplace was definitely larger than individual pints - it lasted 4 mornings for our three boys.

We used lots of the grab-and-go items that Suellen referenced! We bought large packages/containers of cereals, donuts, milk, juice, and then fruit. I think the only single serving item we purchased was fruit - the rest was in regular sized packages that lasted several days. We aren't big breakfast eaters, we're always out early to get to rope drop and we eat an early lunch. So BC marketplace is actually perfect for us! A very long long time ago (before kids and before our whole rope drop routine) I ate at Cape May and thought the breakfast was great.

1) Does anyone have pics of the Sandcastle club for kids? If no pics, do you have a review of what you and your children thought of the club?

2) Do all CL BC rooms have a balcony? I know there seems to be a hit or miss with the non-club level rooms, but I am hoping that the GV CL rooms all have balconies.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! We stayed BC CL last May and will be there again this May! :goodvibes So excited! Anyway, I can answer some of your questions. No pics., sorry, but our three kids (8, 8, and 6) stayed in the Sandcastle Club for one evening last year while DH and I at at LeCelliar and watched Illuminations--VERY fun! One of the kids went reluctantly--"it will be boring, I won't have fun, blah, blah, blah..." All three LOVED it--they didn't even notice when we came back they were having so much fun! They loved their dinner (nothing special--normal kids meals, but there were several choices) and talked how the ketchup was put on the plates in the shape of Mickey ears. I really think they liked the break from us as much as we liked it from them! They asked to go back later in our trip, but it didn't work out. We would use it again in a heartbeat. It wasn't very full--maybe 3 other kids and they were gone when we came to get ours. We may do it again this trip, but don't have firm plans yet.

As far as balconies go, not all GV CL rooms have them. I thinks Teena posted exactly how many don't a few pages back. Anyway, I have firsthand experience, as last year we had a GV CL room with only a standing balcony. (We did request a full balcony, but didn't get it. I understand there is no guarantee of a request being met.) However, we DID have a good view. We could see the higher fireworks from Illuminations from our room. We also had two windows--the one with the patio doors to the standing balcony and a window at the end of the room overlooking Epcot. Since we are a family of 5 we cannot get a WV CL room and we really needed the daybed, so lack of a balcony did NOT break our trip--we're going back again this year! I did request a full balcony this year, too. Maybe we'll get it, maybe not. If we have the same room as last year, that would be ok, too.

Sorry, can't help on your 3rd question.

Have a great trip!

I'm looking at pictures of the YC- are the CL balconies bigger than the standard balconies?

The CL balconies look bigger in the pictures that I see.

We love to sit on the balcony at night, after spending the day in the park, just to relax and people watch

There are various sizes but they are all full balconies, not standing.

YC CL lounge is located on the 5th floor, close to where the elevators are.

In the evenings the lounge has beer, wine and cordials (no fee!).

I'll give you a "guestimate" of the hours since I don't remember exactly. I'm sure Teena or someone else can give you the real deal.

6:30 am - coffee
7-10 am - breakfast foods (examples: Croissants, bagels, mini muffins, banana bread, cut up fruit, whole fruit, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, yogurt, juice)
12:00 - 4:00 - snacks (gummy worms, homemade chips and dip, yogurt covered pretzels, banana chips, trail mix, soda, juice etc.)
5:00 - 7:00 - evening appetizers (and beer, wine, cordials, soda) examples - crab ragoons, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken skewers, duck quesedillas, mini eggrolls, potstickers, cheese and crackers, celery and peanut butter, veg and dip, pita and hummus.
8:00-10:00 - desserts examples: mini cheesecakes, oreo bon bons, mini tarts, etc.

HTH

Great job except I believe breakfast is to 10:30. And they have sliced hard boiled eggs for breakfast too.
From 8-10 PM, along with desserts, are after dinner (alcohol) drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter