• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time next week I will be checked into the YC and having dinner at the Yachtsman! Just DH and me without the kids. The price I pay is spending all day Sunday at a conference. It seems worth it!
Teena - Please remind me! Will you be around next weekend at all? We'd love to meet you!!!

Amanda

Yep, working Saturday, 4/10, plus Sunday and Monday. See you soon!!

Teena - we're staying at BCV on May 7-14. Are you working on the Sunday & Monday that week?

I should be working that Sunday and Monday. As of now, I have no travel plans in May. I look forward to seeing you.

Hi TeenaS. We will be at BCV on the 9 - 14 May and we will be celebrating my birthday on the 13th. Hope to bump into you...8 weeks to go till I leave on a jet plane :)

I should be there on the day you arrive. See you in eight weeks!

Hi TeenaS....Counting down the days now! 4 weeks to go till I leave on a jet plane and then another week or so before the BCV. We'll be checking in on a Sunday; so there's a good chance we'll bump into you. See you soon.

Hi TeenaS....Counting down the days now! 4 weeks to go till I leave on a jet plane and then another week or so before the BCV. We'll be checking in on a Sunday; so there's a good chance we'll bump into you. See you soon.

Looks like we're going to be full of disboarders ... can't wait to meet you all!!!

We will be staying at the YC in a "water view" room- is it worth it to upgrade to a water view CL room? are the rooms bigger? do you get any other benefits besides eating in the lounge?
The cost would be an additional $800:confused3

We will be staying at the YC in a "water view" room- is it worth it to upgrade to a water view CL room? are the rooms bigger? do you get any other benefits besides eating in the lounge?

Rooms are the same size. You do get the benefit of having the Concierge assist you with all of your trip planning (e.g. dining, recreation, etc). And of course, access to the Concierge Lounge like you mentioned. The decision to upgrade to concierge is very much a matter of personal choice and there have been many a thread debating the cost/benefit of it. Good luck with your decision!

:surfweb:

Another advantage of changing, you would have an idea of your room location. There are only a limited number of YC CL waterview rooms. Of course all on 5th floor, however, the 5th floor does not have the wing beyond the gazebo and extending to the quiet pool. So, your room would be either overlooking back entrance of YC, with view of Crescent Lake / Boardwalk or your room would be above SAB with a view of Crescent Lake Boardswalk in the distance.

And of course wonderful access to Lounge, Concierge staff and their assistance in reservations before your arrival. :thumbsup2

Go with July - then perhaps we'll meet up!

I remember those days of waiting for my kids to make up their minds on college selection! One ds knew exactly where he wanted to go from day 1 -and one literally made up his mind the next to last day before the deadline!

We're sticking with BC and hoping for the best! I'll miss our deluxe room but the kids are really excited about staying on the same floor as their grandparents. When we did our grand gathering two years ago they loved being able to go from room to room to room (LOL)!

Robyn,
I think it would be great for the kids to be close to their grandparents and of course that easy walk to the lounge!

Yes, can't wait for DS to make a decision and be done with this. He was waitlisted for his top choice - Cornell. So, now he is on to plan B and also waiting for decision from two of the military academies. If he did indeed get into one of these he would need to report by July 1. Thus our waiting to make final plans for summer vacation, but it is really looking like we will change to July......:)

Hi Teena!:wave2: Count us in as another family that is looking forward to meeting you...a Disboard celebrity!:goodvibes We'll be there July 17-30!!:banana:

If you don't mind me picking your brain, I do have one question...

We are booked in a standard room, but LOVE to people watch. I'm hoping for a room that gives us that option. Is there any request we should make that would give us some action to look at...without the water?

We spent ten glorious nights at the Beach Club Wow, I can't say enough wonderful things about the Beach Club! It was absolutely superb in every way. I highly recommend it! The grounds, the pool, our room (5682) were incredible,and all the staff went out of their way to be pleasant, kind and accomodating!! One of the highlights was of course, meeting Teena!! Teena, you made our trip!! :yay: I am so glad we had a chance to meet you!! We will be back in August, just having booked the Beach Club again! Can't wait!!!!!!!!:banana:
Michelle

To be totally honest, I've only seen one snake there in six years. It was sunning itself by the walkway near the quiet pool. I was taking something to a room and some kids were screaming they saw a snake. I called our animal control people and they came and got it and relocated it away from guest areas. I saw more snakes where we lived in Pennsylvania. I've never seen a snake where I live here in Lake County either. However, a huge turtle that was bigger than a 25 pound dog slowly made it's way through our backyard once. And in all the years I visited WDW before retiring here, I never saw a snake. My husband worked at Blizzard Beach for about 1-1/4 years and he said he saw lots of them there after big storms. If you see a snake, just let a CM know and we'll call animal control and they come and remove it. There are lots of critters around though. Today two ducks walked into the lobby through the backdoors after a wheelchair activated the automatic door. I had to shoo them out and did they ever talk back ... quacking like crazy at me.

Thanks for the reassurance about this, Teena!!! We've been to WDW some 15+ trips now, and have never seen a snake, but its still NOT my idea of a good vacation experience, KWIM???

Ducks in the lobby sounds like an unusual change of pace...and a great opportunity for lots of "Donald's relatives checking in/staying at BC"-type jokes to "quack" the guests up as they check in...OK, horrible joke, sorry, but it was just begging to be said!!!

Hope to meet you during our trip in June!:banana:

Another advantage of changing, you would have an idea of your room location. There are only a limited number of YC CL waterview rooms. Of course all on 5th floor, however, the 5th floor does not have the wing beyond the gazebo and extending to the quiet pool. So, your room would be either overlooking back entrance of YC, with view of Crescent Lake / Boardwalk or your room would be above SAB with a view of Crescent Lake Boardswalk in the distance.

And of course wonderful access to Lounge, Concierge staff and their assistance in reservations before your arrival. :thumbsup2

We are staying YC CL garden view next month, so what do you think our view will be like? I would have loved to have a water view but I'm happy with the CL.

Teena, even though we are staying at YC I may come by to meet you at the BC. I love all your tips you give for staying at the resorts, I really enjoy reading them. We are having breakfast at Cape May on Sunday May 2nd.

Hi Teena!:wave2: Count us in as another family that is looking forward to meeting you...a Disboard celebrity!:goodvibes We'll be there July 17-30!!:banana:

If you don't mind me picking your brain, I do have one question...

We are booked in a standard room, but LOVE to people watch. I'm hoping for a room that gives us that option. Is there any request we should make that would give us some action to look at...without the water?

I would add the following request to your reservation "second floor courtyard view please". The second floor rooms have full balconies and if you request a courtyard view, you would be able to people watch. Of course, if you don't get your request, the back porch has rocking chairs and is a super place to people watch. I would not do an on-line check-in and then when you check-in, ask the CM if you got a second floor courtyard view. If not, ask them what the view is and whether it's a full balcony. If it's not something you like, ask them for a room change. If a room that you like is not available the day you check-in, you can ask to be set up for a room change the next day or two to get your desired room area.

We spent ten glorious nights at the Beach Club Wow, I can't say enough wonderful things about the Beach Club! It was absolutely superb in every way. I highly recommend it! The grounds, the pool, our room (5682) were incredible,and all the staff went out of their way to be pleasant, kind and accomodating!! One of the highlights was of course, meeting Teena!! Teena, you made our trip!! :yay: I am so glad we had a chance to meet you!! We will be back in August, just having booked the Beach Club again! Can't wait!!!!!!!!:banana:
Michelle

Hi Michelle,
So glad you had a great time and enjoyed the BC!! I'm also glad you are coming back in August. Hopefully it will be while I'm there and not out helping Jeanne getting ready for school to start. I checked her school calendar and it looks like school starts pretty late this year so I may be out there the last week of August and first week of September. Not totally sure yet her school is changing from a 12 month to a 9 month so the school calendar might change too.
Stay in touch!
Teena

We are staying YC CL garden view next month, so what do you think our view will be like? I would have loved to have a water view but I'm happy with the CL.

Teena, even though we are staying at YC I may come by to meet you at the BC. I love all your tips you give for staying at the resorts, I really enjoy reading them. We are having breakfast at Cape May on Sunday May 2nd.

We love CL! Request a room "close to lounge" for the garden view / standard YC CL. I think the lounge is worth it even if your view is not as desirable, but the YC garden view rooms closer to lounge will overlook the front entrance, gardens surrounding. The rooms further down the hall may have more of a view of the conference center and roofing.

Oh and enjoy Cape May breakfast, yum, a favorite of my sons even after 9 years of staying at Y&BC on our annual trip!

Unfortunately, to be totally honest, in my opinion there aren't alot of nice CL "garden" views - about five or so. Most are pretty bad. However, if you really think about it, how much time will you be spending in that room looking out the sliding door? I realize some people do spend time on the balcony of their room but I'd have to say 95% of guests really are only in their room to sleep, shower, change clothes, etc. So, in my case, I'd much rather have an ugly view up on CL, use the lounge whenever I want something to drink or eat up there, and use the money I would save if I upgraded to a water view and in my case, use that extra money for some massages or a new Disney Dooney Bourke purse. That's just how I think though.

Super - I hope you come over and say hi! I don't start until 9:30 AM so hopefully I'll get to meet you on May 2nd.

So, in my case, I'd much rather have an ugly view up on CL, use the lounge whenever I want something to drink or eat up there, and use the money I would save if I upgraded to a water view and in my case, use that extra money for some massages or a new Disney Dooney Bourke purse. That's just how I think though.

:thumbsup2 Teena - I totally agree with you. The CL lounges are wonderful. Esp. for my early morning coffee (love the little coffee station before the lounge actually opens in the morning), breakfast for family and a place to relax in the afternoon when taking a break from the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter