The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are just back from a week at BC...i had the pleasure of meeting Teena...what a sweet lady and always with a smile every time we came through the lobby! :goodvibes

I have a couple of lobby pictures, they arent that great though, but I will share until someone with better ones come along...It looks really nice and the carpet is nice and plush...

DisneyAugust20101388.jpg

DisneyAugust2010531.jpg

DisneyAugust2010530.jpg

DisneyAugust2010529.jpg

I might be working on the 21st (don't get my schedule until tomorrow). I'll definitely be working on the 22nd and 23rd, 9:30 AM to 5:45 PM. If I'm not in the lobby, I'm either helping a guest or on a short break. Looking forward to meeting you.

Teena-
Please let us know when you get your schedule if you will be working on the 21st. We wiil be so happy if you are there when we get there :goodvibes

We are staying at the BC CL in mid Dec. (can't wait, first time staying at the BC!) I just found out that McDonalds in Downtown Disney closed. My son has autism and without elaborating, this is a huge problem for us. We only use Disney transportation so driving to the the one near the ASR will not be an option.
I posted in the dining section and a couple of people suggested I contact guest relations. Is that the main number? Is there someone (Title) I should speak with?

I know I have loads of disboard friends coming in soon. Who is arriving at the BC on:

Thursday?
Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?
Monday?

Can't wait to meet you all!

We will be arriving on Saturday the 14th around 4:30. Almost packed, we can't wait!:)

I think my question got lost a few pages back:goodvibes Does anyone know how late SAB may be open the week prior to Labor Day??? I know in July it was until 11.... I'm *hoping* it's at least 10???? I know in the less busy times it's around 7/8pm...

Thanks in advance!!! :cheer2:

It changes per the crowds so I honestly don't know yet.

We are just back from a week at BC...i had the pleasure of meeting Teena...what a sweet lady and always with a smile every time we came through the lobby! :goodvibes

I have a couple of lobby pictures, they arent that great though, but I will share until someone with better ones come along...It looks really nice and the carpet is nice and plush...

DisneyAugust20101388.jpg

DisneyAugust2010531.jpg

DisneyAugust2010530.jpg

DisneyAugust2010529.jpg

Great pictures!! Some changes have already been made since these pictures and two sofas are still missing - they came in wrong. The main large table in the center of the lobby is different. The new one just came in a day or two ago. The curtains aren't back yet either. It's a work in progress but I love the changes so far and can't wait until it's done.

I have a water view room booked at BC for the first week of December. I am going to request a full balcony or patio room. Does anyone have an opinion on weather I should use online check-in or call reservations to put the request on my reservation and wait till i get there and see what I get? TIA.;)

Personally since you purchased no expiration tickets, I would keep them separate. Otherwise, if you take them home, they just look like plain old room keys. In six months you might not remember they have 2 days of park passes left on them with no expiration date. At least the tickets say what they are and don't look like room keys.

Disadvantage is you have to take all your room keys with you plus all your park tickets with you if you don't get them transferred to your keys. You need all your room keys to show to get on attractions during the extra morning and evening hours.

I took and put a P Touch label on our No Expiration Passes. I also put the number of days left on them and I cross it out and update it each day we use.

Be sure to save whatever receipt you have that shows that they are no expiration as they need that to refer to if you lose them. They do have the ability to replace if they can be traced. I was told that by a CM when we did our first upgrade to them.

I might be working on the 21st (don't get my schedule until tomorrow). I'll definitely be working on the 22nd and 23rd, 9:30 AM to 5:45 PM. If I'm not in the lobby, I'm either helping a guest or on a short break. Looking forward to meeting you.

I'm probably arriving too late on 8/21 to see you but we'll definitely visit on the 22nd and 23rd! I can't wait!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Amanda

I know I have loads of disboard friends coming in soon. Who is arriving at the BC on:

Thursday?
Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?
Monday?

Saturday after 4pm on ME.:cool1:

I have a water view room booked at BC for the first week of December. I am going to request a full balcony or patio room. Does anyone have an opinion on weather I should use online check-in or call reservations to put the request on my reservation and wait till i get there and see what I get? TIA.;)

Definitely have reservations add it to your reservation!

Thanks for posting these! Wow, the carpet looks so BRIGHT!!! I love the design, reminds me of the upstairs carpeting.

Wow, this thread really moves FAST! Let me know if I missed anybody and I'll add you to the list. :)

Our trips are coming up soon!!! :woohoo:

BC/YC August DISers:

dreamflight'slulu: YC CL 8/10-8/17
jjtmom: YC CL 8/11-8/13
cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Manda: BC 8/14-8/22
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

Teena, let me know what dates you are working and I'll make a note here. I know you will be in Vegas when dh and I are there. I am so sorry I will miss you.

Wow, this thread really moves FAST! Let me know if I missed anybody and I'll add you to the list. :)

Our trips are coming up soon!!! :woohoo:

BC/YC August DISers:

dreamflight'slulu: YC CL 8/10-8/17
jjtmom: YC CL 8/11-8/13
cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

Teena, let me know what dates you are working and I'll make a note here. I know you will be in Vegas when dh and I are there. I am so sorry I will miss you.

Wow. Quite a representation of our happy little band:grouphug:! Have fun everyone!

Thursday?
Friday?
Saturday?
Sunday?
Monday?

We arrive the 14th and stay thru the 22nd. :)

Thanks TeenaS! I am new to this thread as this is our first time at the BC. After reading through a lot of it, I see why people look to you for advice. Hope to see you on our trip in December!:)

We leave at 7:00 tomorrow morning! Can't believe our trip is about to begin. :) I plan to take lots of pictures to share with you all! Thanks for all of your help as I planned!

WOW, when you booked, the only club level room available was a deluxe? Since there are only six of them, that's strange!

You should call reservations and have full balcony and/or patio added to your reservation. Keep in mind though that there are only six of these rooms so if they are all booked, there only might be one that is being vacated on the day you arrive and if that has a standing balcony, that's the room you'll end up with. It's really tough when there are only six rooms.

You may want to skip doing an on-line checkin. You are a club level guest and therefore will be greeted at the door anyway. You could then ask them before you get to the actual check-in if your room has a patio or full balcony. If it does not, then you can ask if another deluxe room is available that has either a patio or full balcony and if it is, tell them you want to switch rooms. If you do the on-line checkin, your keys will be already cut and waiting for you. If there's a possibility you are going to change the room assigned to you and you don't do an on-line checkin, then keys don't need to be recut.

The whole idea of doing an on-line checkin is to make it fast and simple. You walk up and receive your keys and you are on your way. If you want to ask about your room, the balcony, or anything at all, it's best to not do the on-line checkin.

The other day the on-line checkin line was longer and not moving as fast as the regular check-in line because the person that was at the on-line desk was wanting to change this and that and asking a million questions. That's fine. We don't mind any of that at all. However, that should be done at the regular check-in desk or at the concierge desk. The process at the on-line desk will on average take about 30 seconds. Show your ID and get handed your welcome packet with your keys and off you go. Then the next in line goes up and 30 seconds later it's the next person, etc., etc., etc. But if you are a club level guest, you don't need to deal with any of that anyway.

Wow! Fantastic tips TeenaS, can't thank you enough. I made reservations Aug 1st for a late Aug stay(23 - 27)... Last minute impulse vacation, we're actually going to spend the first few nights at Bay Lake Towers. I just couldn't do a trip w/out Storm Along Bay! When I made the reservations I'm pretty sure the only concierge left was Deluxe. Thanks again

** I just checked the WDW site and I beleive the reason it was the only one left is because I was booking the room only with the 40% discount rate. **

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter