The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

We are bringing our own disposable straws because we too hate the paper straws. Some year we will make it during the Flower and Garden Festival. Your pictures are beautiful.

We are bringing our own disposable straws because we too hate the paper straws. Some year we will make it during the Flower and Garden Festival. Your pictures are beautiful.
Aww, thank you so much. :)

I agree, p.i.t.a. So I'll bring a straw I'll probably lose, or get sick from disgusting germs left in it that I can't get cleaned out. :rolleyes2

I really hope you can get to the F&G soon; it's such a lovely festival!

But I may have taken a screenshot of an old TR post on my own thread and checked the HEX code on a website in order to be able to keep close to the same colour.

The way to find out your exact color is to go an old post of your in that color, go to edit it. Then at the top there is the little cogwheel, click on that. This will transform your old post into non-formatted text and you can see all the formatting commands, including the HEX code for your color.

Beautiful pictures of the F&G festival. This is my favorite festival at Epcot.

Andi and I talked to a CM about the purple martins and they have had over 3,000 babies born at Epcot since they put those bird houses up!

I saw a bird eating some of the butterfly cocoons in the Butterfly House, circle of life :hyper:

I was able to really enjoy Epcot on both my March and May trips!

The way to find out your exact color is to go an old post of your in that color, go to edit it. Then at the top there is the little cogwheel, click on that. This will transform your old post into non-formatted text and you can see all the formatting commands, including the HEX code for your color.
That's how I tried to find it for this update, as I was mixing up the order of my hex code but it only brought up an rbg?? code [0 0 0 179] or something like that. I figured it out in the end, but... I guess coding isn't for everyone. LOL!

Beautiful pictures of the F&G festival. This is my favorite festival at Epcot.

Andi and I talked to a CM about the purple martins and they have had over 3,000 babies born at Epcot since they put those bird houses up!

I saw a bird eating some of the butterfly cocoons in the Butterfly House, circle of life :hyper:

I was able to really enjoy Epcot on both my March and May trips!

I'm not sure I can choose a favorite festival, but I've not really tapped into F&W deeply either. I"ve never done a tasting or special meal or anything like that. ($$$$$$$) But, I love how the entire park is transformed for the F&G one moreso for sure.

That's really amazing how many babies have come from this population. How cool! I wonder how they keep other species from taking over....

:lmao: That's hiliarious. <Mommy! That bird is eating all the baby butterflies! >

I"m so glad you got to enjoy it twice!! Such a treat!

A quick word about paper straws before I dive in...

A day or two ago, I popped into a 7-11 and decided I felt like having a Slurpee.
1. I'm a Winnipeger, therefore it's pretty much a legal obligation to have one.
2. I hadn't had one in months, therefore risking forfeiture of my title of Winnipeger.

I went to grab a straw and... they usually have different coloured straws, but they'd all been replaced with "biodegradable" straws.
I was annoyed. Sure, save the planet, but... I hate those paper straws.
Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped it and found what was indistinguishable to the normal plastic straw.
Maybe Disney will go for those? Hope so.

I like birds, I like bees.
Give me more, if you please.
Disney version of a bee.
I LOVE this festival and never get tired of the colorful beauty of it all.
How many times have you been? This was my first time seeing it.
I could wax on and on (and bore you to death) with prattling,
:rolleyes1
What they can’t portray are the luscious scents of the blooms or the sounds of the buzzing, tweeting, and happy music filling in the empty spaces of the senses.
Sure they can! Just use this:
feel the warm breeze on your face (Does it feel like you put a flame thrower to your face? Good you're almost there.),
I present to you the Birds and the Bees (and butterflies, blossoms and Babes) of EPCOT.
Looking forward to it.
They grow 'em big in the sunshine state!
Huh. I did (fairly quickly... too hot) go through there. Didn't look up.
Great shot! But...
this one looks like a painting!
Disney’s Monorail Schedule is directly correlative with how hot it is standing in the sun to get a shot of one.
Yep! Completely agree. Stopped for a monorail shot... in the sun... and gave up after a few minutes.
Nice one!
So that's who those are for! I did see them, but didn't know what kind of bird would nest in them.
Awww...
I did read recently that this May was the hottest May on record in 100 years!!!!
:faint:
Well, that would explain it then.
I felt... not so willing to walk around by day last.
Three beautiful (and hot) babes. :)

I like birds, I like bees.
Give me more, if you please.

As long as we don't get into discussions of the birds and the bees...

Use your imagination, Dear Reader, and feel the warm breeze on your face (Does it feel like you put a flame thrower to your face? Good you're almost there.)

Lovely! Turn me over, I'm done on this side.

This is a gorgeous shot. You had a ton of amazing photos in this update. I couldn't possibly quote them all, so just know that I highly enjoyed the eye candy contained therein. Also, I wanted to use "therein" in a sentence and sound smart.

I could stare at these views for a very long time. Disney’s Monorail Schedule is directly correlative with how hot it is standing in the sun to get a shot of one.

:rotfl2: I believe you! But it's totally worth it.

I equally enjoyed the panoramic views around the park as much as the close-ups. The striking quilted look of the water’s edge is always mind blowing.

It looks amazing that way. I wish they'd keep the flowers there all year long.

I told you, we were the Hot Babes of EPCOT that day!

Just what we were expecting!

I know loads of you have done this, some of you multiple times (I'm looking at you @Malia78 and @franandaj ) but it was a really special, and first, treat for me. I have a wonderful canvas repro proudly sitting on my bathroom window sill so I can see it a lot. Yes, I'm 52 with 5 kids.... I see it a lot. Nicely wrapped up for travel, I took my artwork back to the resort and packed it carefully away in my luggage and that's the story of Acquiring Alice Art.

Wow that is some awesome art! I mainly collect Jerrod Maruyama, but I really do love all the artists.

Beautiful pictures at Epcot!! You make it seem like there aren't thousands of people around you!

Oh please please let "C" be for Chunkydump!! :rotfl:

I thanked him profusely, then the CM snapped a few photos to commemorate the occasion. It was a BLAST!!

That's a great story, and I love your painting! I can't believe Mike and I haven't stopped in here yet, we will definitely be doing that next year!

Your F & G photos are beautiful :flower: :love:

I LOVE this festival and never get tired of the colorful beauty of it all. I could wax on and on (and bore you to death) with prattling, so I’ll limit that and let the photos with brief comments do the talking. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. What they can’t portray are the luscious scents of the blooms or the sounds of the buzzing, tweeting, and happy music filling in the empty spaces of the senses.
Agreed! I adore F&G, definitely one of my favourite festivals for sure.
I did come away with a few keepers though.
They are keepers indeed! You are SO talented!!
I will almost always take time to stop and watch the birds around Disney. They are so different than the species we have around Oregon and it is such a calming, relaxing thing for me to just pause and be still when I do take time.
I love that too... a lovely way to stop and be in the moment. :)
The 3 of us ladies did take time for a PP shoot and ended up being one of the very few we got together.
Love this shot!!

They grow 'em big in the sunshine state!
Huh. I did (fairly quickly... too hot) go through there. Didn't look up.

This was not up high. Kinda eye level about halfway through.

this one looks like a painting!

I liked that one a lot too.

Yep! Completely agree. Stopped for a monorail shot... in the sun... and gave up after a few minutes.

I got mine a bit earlier in the day so it wasn't surface-of-the-sun hot yet.

Nice one!

Thanks!

So that's who those are for! I did see them, but didn't know what kind of bird would nest in them.

When I first saw them last Fall, I thought they were speakers or something like that. Some sort of technology thing...

:faint:
Well, that would explain it then.
I felt... not so willing to walk around by day last.

Yeah, the heat saps and by the end of a trip, the old bod starts to peter out.

Three beautiful (and hot) babes. :)

:blush:

As long as we don't get into discussions of the birds and the bees...

This whole chapter was about the birds and the bees. What did you think I was going to cover? 6th grade "health and wellness"?

Lovely! Turn me over, I'm done on this side.

Knowing you, we should all bring some bbq sauce.

This is a gorgeous shot. You had a ton of amazing photos in this update. I couldn't possibly quote them all, so just know that I highly enjoyed the eye candy contained therein. Also, I wanted to use "therein" in a sentence and sound smart.

Thanks! And yes, you sound really smart, Alek.

:rotfl2: I believe you! But it's totally worth it.

Once. Yes.

It looks amazing that way. I wish they'd keep the flowers there all year long.

Me too. :( I mean, it's not like they ever go out of style or whatever. It'd certainly not ruin F&W.

Just what we were expecting!

At least I'm predictable. ;)

Wow that is some awesome art! I mainly collect Jerrod Maruyama, but I really do love all the artists.

I had to Google. An interesting blend of Mary Blair and Anime... interesting!

Beautiful pictures at Epcot!! You make it seem like there aren't thousands of people around you!

That's my goal. I don't overly love "people-y" photos. :)

Oh please please let "C" be for Chunkydump!! :rotfl:

Okay, if you insist.

LOL! To be honest, I was stymied on where to go next and was toying with Cali Grill Brunch, but ChunkyDump is even better! :)

That's a great story, and I love your painting! I can't believe Mike and I haven't stopped in here yet, we will definitely be doing that next year!

Your F & G photos are beautiful :flower: :love:

Isn't a nice story? I just loved how I spent my evening at DTD! Last trip (last Fall) I finally got to watch a music group I'd been wanting to see for YEARS and this trip I focused on a different kind of art. So fun! I hope when you pop into AoD you will find that "perfect something" you can call your own!

Thanks, Lady!

This was not up high. Kinda eye level about halfway through.
But not a real flower. That's what I was getting at (unsuccessfully, obviously. :sad2:)
I got mine a bit earlier in the day so it wasn't surface-of-the-sun hot yet.
I've never rope-dropped for a monorail photo! :laughing:
When I first saw them last Fall, I thought they were speakers or something like that. Some sort of technology thing...
I can see that!
Yeah, the heat saps and by the end of a trip, the old bod starts to peter out.
Wanna share a park bench in the shade and watch the kids run around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter