The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

I love the travel size section at Target, I could open my own travel size store, lol!

I have a broad idea of my outfits, need to really get more organized in the next week!

I am really an organized person in all things except packing, I loath it, yuck:crazy2:

HELP me solve a dilemma!

Many of you have followed along on my TRs for a long time, so you are familiar with a friend I sometimes have tag along. It's not like I have a choice. He is very sneaky in how he intrudes on my trips, but is pretty entertaining when he's along. Tate has gotten into some pretty unique situations and he seems to make friends easily- ask all the ladies. One time he had a little romantic soiree with his Tatey Girlfriend in her place near the Briar Patch; another time he learned how to ride a Speeder at DHS.

My question is, and I just can't decide!, should I allow Tate to come with me, or simply forbid him to come this time. While he IS fun to have along and provides me with loads of entertaining CM interaction, he is rather demanding about being carried around and well.... kinda a PITA.

So.... it's up to you, Dear Readers. Tate's Trip Fate is in your hands.

36737954_2009952439017016_452761622549626880_o.jpg

Holy Cow!! That is amazing! The colors are so vibrant. How long do you think that will last?

I actually did her hair. She has had rainbow hair for years now. It is a semi permanent color. We have been able to make it last about 6 weeks with the vibrant color. She has to really work on it though. She can't let it get under hot/warm water at all. She wears a shower cap in the shower and then washes her hair in cold water with color protectant shampoo. At about 6 weeks it starts to fade into a really pretty pastel and we have to usually reapply color at 8/9 weeks.

So.... it's up to you, Dear Readers. Tate's Trip Fate is in your hands

AS for Tate, as much as I love to read about his many adventures (or should I say miss-adventures) I can see where his constant needyness may get a little...well, needy. I am not sure I would want to carry him around all day and wait on him hand and foot! With the trip being such a short one, maybe let him come along, but ground him to the resort room/grounds?

Hmm, that's a tough call. Tate brings with him some fun trip report reading, but you're doing a lot on this trip and might not want to tote him around. On one hand, you could force him to stay behind with promises of bringing him along on your next upcoming trip. But then on the other hand, I don't know how many TR gals would be bummed not to be privvy to his antics.
I guess throw the question out to your fellow trip goers and see if any would be upset that they missed a chance to meet him. If everyone can accept his absence then I saw stow him away for later in they year.

Call me OCD, call me overly-organized, call me whatever you want (there are some creative suggestions I could give; Siri calls me Princess), but I don't want to wake up and have to try and figure out what I'd planned for the day before I can get my coffee. Saves room in the suitcase and more importantly saves my sanity and sleep time.
Ok, I am obsessed with your packing lists!! I also love to pack in advance and plan outfits out for each day. It's part of the fun!

On the agenda for today (what's left of it anyway) is pulling out my ditty bag and taking stock of what sample sized goodies I need to replenish. I kinda have a love affair with travel-sized things. Is it just me or am I the only one who stands in the Target travel-sized stuff section fondling the goods? I have long internal conversations with myself on whether to go with Crest or Colgate? Q-tips? Travel-sized or go with a little baggie of better quality ones from my big box? Spray sunscreen or lotion?! WAIT!!!! They have little plastic travel-sized bottles for shampoo. But Disney has shampoo. But if I bring a little bottle I can steal some! Are 7 chapsticks in my purse, carryon, suitcase and camera bag going to be enough?!
There are never enough chapsticks! Have you tried the Earl Grey lip balm from Basin White at the GF? Best ever!

My question is, and I just can't decide!, should I allow Tate to come with me, or simply forbid him to come this time
I vote no as he is going to be completely overwhelmed by the hordes of beautiful women!

I vote no. This trip is about spending time with ladies and as much as he might like to cross dress, I am afraid that he might be too demanding and take too much attention away from others!!

I agree he needs to stay home this time. Maybe bring him on the trip with your children and they have help corral him.

It looks unanimous. Tate will house sit for me and take care of things around here. ;)

I do appreciate all of the input and while I have read all of your insightful replies, I've been CRAZY busy today with personal issues and work. "Day off" is non-sequitur. But fear not Friends! The weekend is coming... if I count them in total, I ONLY have 6 (6!) days off until I leave!! That both exhilarates me and terrifies me all at the same time. So much to do!!

Replies this Saturday!

Does anyone else makes lists of the kiosks/foods they want to try at the Festivals?

I make spreadsheets with all the foods from the Festival, their booth names and then I rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 based on how much I want to try them. Then I sort them in the order I want and make it a Google sheet so I can access it from my phone.

Unbelievably I only have 2 weekends left to get stuff done. Kinda freaks me out.

And now you're down to your last one!

brow threading appt.,

I've seen these places. What the heck do they do?

The bigger task though is putting each day's outfit neatly folded into a baggie with its matching jewelry right down to the skivvies.

I couldn't do this. I planned poorly on my last trip and ended up throwing a few pairs of long pants and warmer shirts at the last moment and it turned out to be what I ended up wearing. It was way colder than the original forecast.

I don't want to wake up and have to try and figure out what I'd planned for the day before I can get my coffee.

I lay them out before I go to bed.

Is it just me or am I the only one who stands in the Target travel-sized stuff section fondling the goods?

Have you ever shopped www.minimus.biz?

I also need to decide if I want to ask my boss if I can get off a little early on the Thursday before I go so I can load my suitcases and get some sleep before I have to get up at 2:00.

I don't know if I would ever be able to leave on a vacation if I had a regular job. I don't know how all of you do it!

Getting super excited!

As well you should be!

My question is, and I just can't decide!, should I allow Tate to come with me, or simply forbid him to come this time.

I see I've missed the voting, but I would have gone with the other ladies. This trip is about friends and hanging out. Not some overly demanding spud who takes up all your attention! :laughing:

Well today was certainly active in the trip planning department! Because I had some serious FOMO about not being there for some extra EPIC-ness, I went and did the crazy.

I FREAKING ADDED 2 DAYS TO MY TRIP!

So now instead of flying out on the 3rd, I leave on the 1st arriving at 3:00. I've already reserved my Mears shuttle because I could NOT get a WDW hotel of any kind, sort, location, or room type. There were exactly ZERO rooms available. None, zip, nada. Full blown panic commenced, but I tried to keep hyperventilation at a minimum. Almost.

At the suggestion of Su-Lynn and Lesley to check Expedia, I found a room for Kelly (@buzzrelly ) and myself at the Dolphin for a little less than my left eye, but it's only for 2 nights so the damage isn't too terrible. Kelly won't arrive until 8:30 or so, but we still may hop over to DTD (still being stubborn and calling it that #sorrynotsorry) for some dinner and a pre-bedtime stroll. Not even sure. MK is open til midnight, so might even end up there. Who knows!!!

In other news, my cute pink shoes arrived, but they shipped them a size too small. I DID order 36s, but 35s are what this Drizella is trying to cram her foot into. I am going to take them to a shoe repair guy here in town and see if he can stretch them a size. We'll see. I may have to put off my dreams of being Cinderella waltzing through EPCOT's Flower and Garden with them. Sadness ensues....

In other, OTHER news. I still haven't packed. It's getting pretty ridiculous. And tomorrow is no better. I committed to going on a photo trip with some friends to shoot a local lilac garden, then have plans to head to dinner with some other friends. Tonight I took my son out for his 21st and enjoyed Captain Marvel with him. Fun flick.

Okay, I'm tired of prattling; you're tired of reading. LOL! Nighty night, All.

Now you're leaving on my birthday!

I hope your drama works itself out!

Having just set foot inside the Dolphin for my first time last trip, it looks like a nice place to stay. I hope it works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter