The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

I did this, too. Ugh.

@docsoliday1 to the rescue!! Doc, it was so nice getting the chance to meet you during our trip. And enjoying THE BEST CHEESECAKE of my life!! There, I said it, I don't care that I've jumped the gun. I'll say it again when we get to that part :)
Thanks Jackie. It was wonderful meeting you as well.
Next time you're in town, give me a shout...might be more cheesecake in your future.

Following along with the epicness.
UglyGlaringGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

I felt like I was there with everyone's updates on FB. It was great and now I get to read the deets. So glad you got to make it down early for that surprise. I would have loved to do it and actually researched flying down last minute. Surprising I found decent air prices and POP and POR both popped up as available, if only briefly. I was shocked after hearing how you couldn't find anything. In the long run it did work out much better that I didn't book this. Details to follow in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Here and excited to hear about your epic trip! Just in time to join for your fabulous arrival, and so curious to hear about your pixie dust!

I'm here :wave: My extremely limited and archaic tech skills and I will do our best to assist with adding pictures and video that you lost :thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome::welcome:, Ariane! I will take whatever you can offer. I was SO sad to have lost what I did! But I think I can piece together some of it.
More true words have never been spoken :worship: although I thought you looked perfect each time I saw you! And may I say I'm super glad we were able to meet :goodvibes

You're very sweet. I felt like a drowned rat, or at least looked like one for sure.

I loved meeting you as well and wished we could have had even more time together! Just makes another EPIC Meet necessary!

Excited to see this trip report has begun! I'm looking forward to reading all about the epicness that ensued during this trip.

It'll be slow going with me working most days but I'll sure do my best to keep up and keep you all entertained. :) There was no small amounts of epicness, so stay tuned....

I had to giggle at your bathroom trips. Whenever I book my mom's flights over here to Germany, I always end up with frantic texts going: "AISLE SEAT! I NEED AN AISLE SEAT. I'M GONNA HAVE TO PEE!" So far, I have been spoiled and always had my kids next to me in the seats so I've never had to play that climb over game. But I have no doubt my day is coming...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This is me, except I choose to be rude because I want my cake and to eat it too... window seat AND pee pees.

Oh, Girlfriend.... your days ARE coming because kids + >50= Lots of pee pees.

Oh wow, a ride with a DISer beats ME by a mile. That kind of luck had to be a good omen for how the rest of the trip was going to pan out.

Well... maybe. And most probably not.

Relaxed and Beautiful ::yes::

Aww, you are very kind. I was rather smitten with your grace and charm as well. :hug:

That was so amazing and so generous of Jill :love:

YES!! Did you ever get a chance to go out onto the balcony? I didn't much, but did see the birds in the early morning. FANTASTIC!

Eek! I didn't even notice and I was sitting next to you a LOT!

NO! YOU were busy on the other (better) side of the Safari truck! :snooty:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You still looked practically perfect in every way :-)

source.gif

I LOVE the pink shoes with the bows! Can you tell me what kind they are/where you got them?

Well, hello there!! And a very big :welcome::welcome::welcome:! I'm glad you've stopped by and hope you come back often to join in!

This is what a quick search pulled up:

https://www.wish.com/product/5af3ad...6A2HEAkYAiABEgLucfD_BwE&hide_login_modal=true

I paid more than $8 so I'm not sure what the HECK that is. But they are identical. LOL!

I just did a quick Google search of "pink tennies with bows" and loads came up from different sites.

Sounds very much like me. I usually have too much pre-trip excitement and can't switch my brain off enough to sleep the night before a trip. I'm also perpetually afraid I won't wake up or my alarm won't go off at 3:00am

This.

Exactly.

What if I don't wake up?! What if I accidentally set it for PM instead of AM?! What if my battery runs out and I don't have it plugged in right?!!!!

Same here on both fronts.
After years of travel, I don't chance it anymore. If it means I have to sit at the gate for an hour, so be it.

It's actually kinda relaxing but also exciting all at the same time. I love travel and that's part of it.

I don't think I would be trusting enough to attempt that. It sounds too simple.
Interesting fact: I have never taken ME from the airport to Disney. I have always picked up a rental car, even if just for the first portion of a trip.
(I have always returned to the airport on ME)
There is part of me that would panic about just leaving my luggage at the airport and hope it all magically turns up in my hotel room later.

REally?! Now that IS something! I can see why you would with the shopping trips off prop, but it's so easy and... FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Free is good. Free with chocolate is better.) I've never had a bag go missing. Late? Yes. No show? Never.

Hey Molly! I was pleasantly surprised to see you in the pictures on FB. Nice to see you back on the DIS too :)

Molly is a complete delight. I love her to pieces!

::yes:: Agreed. Leaving the responsibilities behind!

Best. Feeling. Ever!

I mean, what's a few more hundred dollars?

2 days of work?

Wow! Nice work, Jill!

::yes::

I would so much rather be early than late.

Because late means not at all.

This is one advantage of flying with a family of 6. I'm only annoying one of them if I have to get up. So who cares, right?

Correct. Our kids are for annoying anyways.

I am still amazed at what people think they can squeeze into an overhead bin.

Remember the story of me having my teensy tiny purse on and had to stop and put it into my laptop bag. I mean, how dare I have 3 items instead of 50 pounds of VERY large carry-ons, right? :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 #stillpissed

Oh, man. I've done that walk before. It's brutal.

It's hot. It's long. It sucks.

Having your own personal chauffeur will do that.

:rolleyes1

Thanks @Steppesister @MeghanEmily @suse66 @vamassey1 @Terra Nova guy @Captain_Oblivious for your kind words. (Hope I didn't miss anyone)

They are well-deserved.

I really just considered it what a friend SHOULD do and meeting Liesa was, as others have said about dismeets, like meeting an old friend for the first time.

I live and work 15 min from MCO and it's on my way to Disney. Keep this in mind for future...might be able to give other friends some pixie dust also.

I also know, if the situation were reversed, Liesa would have been there for me... it's what friends do.

And yes.... I would have.

I did this, too. Ugh.

So super annoying. I didn't think the signage was all that clear in fact. I did look for signs for the carousel numbers, but couldn't see them until I was actually downstairs. They announced what carousel my bags would come to, but when I was in the terminal there weren't any signs that said which side was which numbers. IF that makes sense....

@docsoliday1 to the rescue!! Doc, it was so nice getting the chance to meet you during our trip. And enjoying THE BEST CHEESECAKE of my life!! There, I said it, I don't care that I've jumped the gun. I'll say it again when we get to that part :)

It was super tasty and WAY better than, dare I risk saying it for fear of being voted off the island, better than O'hana bread pudding. (Sorry, just not a fan of that in general.)

Oooooh - please share the dates as soon as you know - I book my holidays sooooo far in advance at work, but I'd love to make it to the next one!
That is yet to be determined. I imagine it'll be up to others, but would love to be part of the "planning committee". :) We'll see...

Following along with the epicness.
UglyGlaringGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

I felt like I was there with everyone's updates on FB. It was great and now I get to read the deets. So glad you got to make it down early for that surprise. I would have loved to do it and actually researched flying down last minute. Surprising I found decent air prices and POP and POR both popped up as available, if only briefly. I was shocked after hearing how you couldn't find anything. In the long run it did work out much better that I didn't book this. Details to follow in a few weeks.

Hey Glenda!! So great to have you here! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

There are going to be so many details from so many perspectives! I just couldn't miss so much fun! But there was even MORE pixie dust that landed on me. That is SO weird you found rooms! Kelly and I both searched and only came up with ASMu and Dolphin. At horrendous prices. Looking forward to those details... color me intrigued!

Here and excited to hear about your epic trip! Just in time to join for your fabulous arrival, and so curious to hear about your pixie dust!

OH boy!! I'm super happy you're here and joining in! :welcome::welcome::welcome: to another version of the EPIC trip which I hope will be fun and entertaining.

Okay, Friendlies...

This old gal is still struggling hard with lingering jet lag and early mornings back to work. Oy. Reality of re-entry bites.

Keep the chatter coming; in between my card games at work I like to camp on my phone and read.

LOL! If you believe that I have and AP I can sell you for $50.

Anyhow, I will try to get to replies promptly and keep up, but the sad reality lately is that I"m a weekend DISser more than I'd like to be. ;)

More soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter