The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I Plan on tuning in to get the skinny on the dining plan from the Dis Dads!

:cool1:
Marlton Mom

Your very welcome!! Hope you like it!

In case you guys missed it with all the happy dancing can't wait to go excitement.. 10 days BTW!:rotfl2:
Just released.. Our Disdad podcast "the great dining debate" we discuss dinng plans our opinions on each one and "is it a value" I give a brief Pre-trip report of our up coming trip to the "poly" .

DisDads podcast

If you are a DisDad that is crazy about all things Disney come over and join our DisDads forum! DisDads forum:thumbsup2

Your very welcome!! Hope you like it!

In case you guys missed it with all the happy dancing can't wait to go excitement.. 10 days BTW!:rotfl2:
Just released.. Our Disdad podcast "the great dining debate" we discuss dinng plans our opinions on each one and "is it a value" I give a brief Pre-trip report of our up coming trip to the "poly" .

DisDads podcast

If you are a DisDad that is crazy about all things Disney come over and join our DisDads forum! DisDads forum:thumbsup2

I just finished listening to the Pod cast and I highly recommend it. There are some tips that I found really informative and the Dads point you to a food blog site that sounds really helpful.

I especially liked the discussion about whether the free dining plan offer was a good deal. Tune in to the Pod cast to get the info!

Thanks to the Dis Dads for doing a delectable deed in dispensing dining plan plan discourse!

:thumbsup2
Marlton Mom

Okay, we are getting close to crunch time now! The Disney boxes are out and inventoried. All critical supplies have been purchased. Luggage is out and space assigned to each kid going this time. Packing lists updated and printed. House/pet sitter instructions updated and ready to be printed. My daughter now has possession of the window chalk to decorate the windows on the family truckster so everyone between here and Beach Club Villas will know where we are headed. If any of you are in WDW May 28 - June 5 and you happen to see a white Yukon XL Denali with Mickey heads and assorted Disney related phrases on the windows, that would be us! :banana::banana::banana::dance3:

Not that we need to head over there quite yet, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have set up Part 2 of our thread so that we can continue with the planning and our countdowns and waiting.

Here is the link...

The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD "Some Like it Hot" and Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6
Some like it hot team members, as June approaches you and your family are about to set sail on a mission to the deepest and darkest recesses of Walt Disney World. I wish you good luck and a safe voyage. For those of you who are strong and brave of heart, I have a mission for you. A photo safari, ten photographs you or a family member will take this June. Upon your safe and potentially penniless return, post them to this thread for all to enjoy. Are you up to it??? But wait, not just any photos will do. It’s time for the mission list.

1. Photograph a hidden Mickey.
What’s a hidden Mickey? A Hidden Mickey is a representation of Mickey Mouse that has been inserted subtly into the design of a ride, attraction, or other location in a Disney theme park or elsewhere on Disney properties. The most common Hidden Mickey is a formation of three circles that may be perceived as the silhouette of the head and ears of Mickey Mouse, often referred to by Disney aficionados as a "classic Mickey." Over time, the term Hidden Mickey has come to refer to a range of possibilities from a more complete representation of Mickey Mouse (such as Mickey mixed in with a crowd or in the background), or a representation of another character (such as the huge hidden Jafar at the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail in Africa in the Animal Kingdom). Hidden Mickeys are found in various Disney media, such as animated films, feature length movies, TV series, or the Disney theme parks. Mickeys may be painted, made up of objects (such as rocks, or three plates on a table), or be references such as someone wearing Mickey Mouse Club ears in a painting. Hidden Mickeys can take on many sizes and forms.

2. Food! A photograph of a favorite food item from WDW.
Zebra dome or a Mickey bar…. Or maybe the kitchen sink?

3. Wildlife, photograph an animal.
Be it a duck, tiger or your DH in that swimsuit you should have thrown away.

4. Planes, trains and automobiles.
If you can ride it photograph it!

5. Fireworks!

6. A photograph that represents The Magic Kingdom, but not of Cinderella’s castle.

7. A photograph that represents Epcot, but not of Spaceship Earth.

8. A photograph that represents Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but not of The Sorcerer's Hat.

9. A photograph that represents Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but not of The Tree of Life.

10. That moment in your trip that made it all worthwhile.

Photographic skill does not matter just be creative, think outside of the norm and bring back photo memories that will last a lifetime.

June 2011 Photo Safari

anjalee6 you are the best. :worship:

Count me in as well please:thumbsup2

1fb8f078.png

I had a little help "tinkering" with the photo safari thread. So far 31 DISers have signed up to play. Join in the thread to play.

June 2011 Photo Safari[/SIZE

10dedfish
All American
Altoqueenkelly
anjalee6
archdandy
bare necessities
BigDaddyWill
Blueyed girl
bosslady1008
camsmomE
carlnix30
chicgoshannon
CSwan1
Disney_1derland
ekraxa
juliebug1997
kschafer
lauralarissa
Marlton Mom
mommystieg
princesskelz
PRmamiDEdos
reservations4five
rockydek
shine87
Silverhaze269
SnowWhite33
teachermommy78
toomanycars
turtlebean
Vandercapellen

Has anyone been doing anything to get physically "disney ready"? I've been walking to pick dd up from preschool every day about 2 miles away from home, back and forth about 4 miles, completely up hill on the way home. Dd is not too pleased with me :rotfl2: but this way I won't feel too horrible if I make her walk one morning or afternoon since I'll know she's ready. To top it off its been drizzly here all week but I figure its more realistic!!:rotfl:

Yep we have been walking every day or at least several times a week for the last month or so. We let the kids use scooters once or twice, when DH and I want to pick up the pace and the little kid legs can't keep up with us! :lmao::lmao: Last week we started walking to my MIL and FIL's house and picking them up and they have walked with us for a while as well. Then they head back home and we head back home. They have enjoyed it and look forward to it now as well. It's great to get everybody involved and we hope to keep it up even beyond our Disney trip!

The plan!

Tuesday 6/7
Flight leaves at 6:00 am
Check into POP, hang out at pool
Dinner at Whispering Canyon

Wednesday 6/8
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at the Plaza

Thursday 6/9
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Yak and Yeti

Friday 6/10
SWW at DHS
Dinner at Cape May

Saturday 6/11
Waterpark day
Dinner at Ohana

Sunday 6/12
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace

Monday 6/13
Epcot
Dinner at Biergarten

Tuesday 6/14
Waterpark Day
Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo

Wednesday 6/15
DHS
Lunch at Sci-Fi

Thursday 6/16
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at the Wave

Friday 6/17
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Waterpark Day

Saturday 6/18
Epcot
Lunch at Tutto Italia

Sunday 6/19
DHS
Lunch at Mama Melroses

Monday 6/20
Waterpark Day

Tuesday 6/21
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Kona Cafe

Wednesday 6/22
Return home and sleep for a week!

We'll be at the same parks on the 8th-12th with the exception of the waterpark, we're gonna do Epcot that day. I'm hoping SWW :darth:at DHS won't be too insane. Look for the lime green mickey head. Have a great trip. :tink:

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot? Epcot if alone or adults only (but if with kids MK)

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Have to say chef right now bc I haven't done the Tusker house....will in a few wks though

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Wilderness lodge

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? Pop

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Ice cream bar always

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Drive via hire a rv driver for brother in law

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? MNSSH

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Dunno

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Test track

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Expedtion everest

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? ToT

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? Space mountain

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses? CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Whishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)?
Ferry boat

my daughter thinks she's a rockstar, theres not really an other way to describe her. Well while we were sitting by a fire for some reason it dawned on her we were going to disney, its not like it was a secret, she's known all along. It was really cute so I thought I'd share

http://youtu.be/tjEQBdZFZKg

:rotfl: "Wahah, we're going to Disney World" :rotfl:

I couldn't have expressed how I feel about going to Disney any better. She summed it up perfectly!!!

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot?
MK

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House?
Have never done one

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge?
Never stayed at either but will say Grand Floridian

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP?
CBR

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat?
Ice cream bar

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive?
Time is the main issue for me, if time were not an issue I would drive. If money were not an issue, I would fly private jet - but alas both are issues so Delta it is!

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?
MNSSH - I have never been for either though

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night?
either!

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin?
Test track

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur?
Expedtion Everest

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania?
Tough one - I'm going with TSM

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain?
Big Thunder!

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses?
CRT - haven't been to either in a decade or more

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations?
Whishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)?
Monorail

We'll be at the same parks on the 8th-12th with the exception of the waterpark, we're gonna do Epcot that day. I'm hoping SWW :darth:at DHS won't be too insane. Look for the lime green mickey head. Have a great trip. :tink:

Will do :thumbsup2 I also have my team June logo on my bag so say Hi if you see me!

SWW is really for my kids (at first, I wasn't even going to put it in the plans) but the more I see pics of this last weekend, the more excited I get cause they are going to LOVE it!

Okay, we are getting close to crunch time now! The Disney boxes are out and inventoried. All critical supplies have been purchased. Luggage is out and space assigned to each kid going this time. Packing lists updated and printed. House/pet sitter instructions updated and ready to be printed. My daughter now has possession of the window chalk to decorate the windows on the family truckster so everyone between here and Beach Club Villas will know where we are headed. If any of you are in WDW May 28 - June 5 and you happen to see a white Yukon XL Denali with Mickey heads and assorted Disney related phrases on the windows, that would be us! :banana::banana::banana::dance3:

I'll watch for you as we travel! We'll be traveling I-10 from Texas. Leaving Fri. noon, spending the night in Mobile area, & arriving at Pop Sat. evening! :cheer2:

We're also departing WDW on June 5!

Have a safe trip!
I'm thinking about putting something on our mini-van windows. Maybe just the words "Cuero Gobblers" at the bottom of the rear window. Maybe a green Mickey head, too?

Here is a question for ya...

I'm always reading on Disney blogs and such how you can just pop over to the Poly or Boardwalk for a quick lunch out of the hustle and bustle of the parks. I can see how that is tempting, but it seems like you have to go out, wait in line for a boat or a monorail or take a walk, and then don't you have to wait in the lines to get back in the park through the turnstiles? How long does that take?

I was just reading a lovely write up on Captain Cook's at the Poly and it seems like an awful lot of work to get to what is essentially a counter service restaurant. Just curious.

I'll watch for you as we travel! We'll be traveling I-10 from Texas. Leaving Fri. noon, spending the night in Mobile area, & arriving at Pop Sat. evening! :cheer2:

We're also departing WDW on June 5!

Have a safe trip!
I'm thinking about putting something on our mini-van windows. Maybe just the words "Cuero Gobblers" at the bottom of the rear window. Maybe a green Mickey head, too?

We will also be driving I-10 from TX but we are leaving around midnight June 3/4, staying overnight probably in Tallahassee, and arriving WDW by noon on June 5. So we'll be arriving as you're departing!

Here is a question for ya...

I'm always reading on Disney blogs and such how you can just pop over to the Poly or Boardwalk for a quick lunch out of the hustle and bustle of the parks. I can see how that is tempting, but it seems like you have to go out, wait in line for a boat or a monorail or take a walk, and then don't you have to wait in the lines to get back in the park through the turnstiles? How long does that take?

I was just reading a lovely write up on Captain Cook's at the Poly and it seems like an awful lot of work to get to what is essentially a counter service restaurant. Just curious.

Hmmm.. Getting from MK to poly takes about 15 minutes. If you are leaving during operating hours.. Really the only time you have a wait is opening and closing times at the park. It would be out of the way if you left to just go to CAptain Cooks!! It is just another QS place! But if you were to have reservations for dinner at Ohana or kona you can plan a MK day and literally be at polynesian in 15 minutes! A lot of people invad the poly during wishes due to its proximity to the MK parking lot and the TTC. You can walk from the poly back to your car after wishes! it is a prime location for wishes! That is the reason we stay at the Poly! The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms are large. And wishes is a step out of our door!

Add me on the list I will be there June 3-8, 2011 and I will be traveling solo for the first time! So if anyone wants to meet up. I will be All Star Movies.

I am so excited!

Teresa

Choose one or the other! I know it can be hard, but...

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot?Epcot
2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House?Chef Mickey
3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge?Wilderness Lodge

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP?CBR
5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Rice Krispie
6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Fly
7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Food and Wine
8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Night

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Soarin

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? EE

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? TSM

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? BTMR
13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses? CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Illuminations

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose] Monorail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter