The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Maji Pool Bar at Kidani accepts the dining plan?

I don't know what the difference would be if you walked up to the bar and ordered, but I've read that getting food from the bar is like room service and therefore counts as two credits.

I don't know what the difference would be if you walked up to the bar and ordered, but I've read that getting food from the bar is like room service and therefore counts as two credits.

Thank you for your quick response. :)

I thought I read that there were a few grab-and-go options that count as CS credits, but I couldn't remember exactly and wasn't sure if it changed. That is disappointing...2 TS credits for a meal by the pool is ridiculous. :sad2:

Thanks though.

Thank you for your quick response. :)

I thought I read that there were a few grab-and-go options that count as CS credits, but I couldn't remember exactly and wasn't sure if it changed. That is disappointing...2 TS credits for a meal by the pool is ridiculous. :sad2:

Thanks though.

I also just found this post

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38630185&postcount=3156

So, if you walk up and order, it's a CS credit, and if you order it to be delivered poolside, then it's 2 TS credits. I'd walk up.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

anyone know where to get the info on the safari's at AKL? wondering the cost and heard about some new ones since we last went. TIA

I am BEYOND excited!! AKL is our favorite resort, but we haven't been able to stay there for the last two years. Not anymore!! I will be calling very shortly to make our July reservation! :cool1:

I cannot wait!! We have to do pool view this time, but I don't care. I will FINALLY be HOME again! :banana:

I am BEYOND excited!! AKL is our favorite resort, but we haven't been able to stay there for the last two years. Not anymore!! I will be calling very shortly to make our July reservation! :cool1:

I cannot wait!! We have to do pool view this time, but I don't care. I will FINALLY be HOME again! :banana:

Congratulations that is wonderful news.

[QUOTE Does anybody have a suggestion for a room reuqest at AKV 1 bedroon standard view?

I posted this back on page 243 and didn't get a reply. So I am reposting it:confused3. Hopefully we will get some help.:goodvibes Thanks!!! We are 44 days out.

I'm considering booking a Jambo House deluxe studio savannah view for cash, not points. We stayed in a pool view room two years ago. Anything that anyone can tell me about them would really help!

Thanks!

I'm considering booking a Jambo House deluxe studio savannah view for cash, not points. We stayed in a pool view room two years ago. Anything that anyone can tell me about them would really help!

Thanks!

We are doing the same thing...well actually renting points from someone. I would like to know if there is a good studio to request.

Have reserved a 2 BR Standard View at Kidani for early November. Any suggestions you may have for our stay? This will be our first visit to AKL. Have heard nothing but good things and am very excited. Any particular room or area I should request? Thanks!!

I have been in talks with IPO for a few days now, running through some ideas about proposals at AKL. One of the replies I got from them mentioned on-site PhotoPass photographers. The e-mail said that the photographers have scouted about 15 different locations for pictures as well as having the ability to take candid pictures as the proposal happens. Has anyone used this service before? Is there a cost in using them or is the only cost whatever we order from PhotoPass. I'm just trying to figure out how much extra I should be budgeting for this trip. TIA. :thumbsup2

Yes, there is an additional cost for this package. I don't have time to look it up right now. I seem to remember that it would have almost doubled the cost we paid with pre-ordering our photo pass CD so that would mean it might have been around the $99 mark. They also do this at the GF.

Yes, there is an additional cost for this package. I don't have time to look it up right now. I seem to remember that it would have almost doubled the cost we paid with pre-ordering our photo pass CD so that would mean it might have been around the $99 mark. They also do this at the GF.

I actually got an e-mail back from IPO last night (I like to ask them and the Dis the same question just to compair notes) and there would be an extra cost if we were to book a portait session but she didn't believe there was one if we were to set up a special covert PhotoPass photographer. I figured that the extra cost would be between $100-$150. I really need to set up a budget. This proposal thing is really starting to get expensive with some of the options that are available and I haven't even begun to price a ring yet.:scared1:

On a side note, am I supposed to let IPO know what ADR's we have made? I thought I read somewhere that I was but I don't remember.

We have never stayed club level so I don't have personal experience. But when we stayed at the Poly in 2009 I did stop by the regular concierge in the lobby following check-in and asked for a print out of all of our ADR's. They were able to print it out swiftly and I double checked to be sure that all of our ADR's were correct.

Last night I did find by searching a bit that the resort photo pass private sessions (available also at Beach Club, Grand Floridian and Polynesian) can be booked by calling 407-934-4004. Good luck in planning and finding a covert photographer to capture your special moment when you pop the question :love:

Some questions;

What's the difference between a normal studio & a dedicated studio room?

Are all the Jambo House DVC villas lockoffs?

How many of the Jambo House DVC villas are CL rooms?

I don't quite get the 'value' rooms, can someone please explain this in more detail?

& does anyone know what utensils/crockery are in the Kitchen/ettes?

Thanks. :)

Some questions;

What's the difference between a normal studio & a dedicated studio room?

Are all the Jambo House DVC villas lockoffs?

How many of the Jambo House DVC villas are CL rooms?

I don't quite get the 'value' rooms, can someone please explain this in more detail?

& does anyone know what utensils/crockery are in the Kitchen/ettes?

Thanks. :)

A dedicated studio does not have a connecting door. A lock-off studio has a door that connects it to a 1 bedroom, allowing them to be combined into a 2 bedroom unit.

I can't remember if any of the studios at Jambo are dedicated, or if they are all lock-offs.

There are a total of 10 CL villas, 5 2-bedroom lock-offs. So if they are all booked as studios and 1 bedrooms, there are 10 possible units. Two are pool view, and 3 are savanna view, but you may not request a view. It is luck of the draw. All of these villas are on the 6th floor.

The "value" rooms are 3 feet shorter than the regular villas. I believe there are about 10 value villas. Again, the views are pool, savanna, and parking lot, no requests. We had a one bedroom value villa last year and we were very pleased.

Off the top of my head I don't know what all is in the kitchen. I know there are plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, flatware etc. in the full kitchen. In the studios there are just some paper plates, bowls, some plastic flatware, and I think coffee mugs.

Hope that helps!

A dedicated studio does not have a connecting door. A lock-off studio has a door that connects it to a 1 bedroom, allowing them to be combined into a 2 bedroom unit.

I can't remember if any of the studios at Jambo are dedicated, or if they are all lock-offs.

There are a total of 10 CL villas, 5 2-bedroom lock-offs. So if they are all booked as studios and 1 bedrooms, there are 10 possible units. Two are pool view, and 3 are savanna view, but you may not request a view. It is luck of the draw. All of these villas are on the 6th floor.

The "value" rooms are 3 feet shorter than the regular villas. I believe there are about 10 value villas. Again, the views are pool, savanna, and parking lot, no requests. We had a one bedroom value villa last year and we were very pleased.

Off the top of my head I don't know what all is in the kitchen. I know there are plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, flatware etc. in the full kitchen. In the studios there are just some paper plates, bowls, some plastic flatware, and I think coffee mugs.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for replying to all my questions! :) :thumbsup2

Am I correct in remembering that if you book a DVC room (deluxe studio) for cash, rather than renting points, you get daily maid service? If so, do they make up the sofabed back into a sofa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter