The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
... WDW boring??? :sad2: ... Make sure to spend some time at AKL and check out the daily activities at the resort.
LOL :lmao: I wasn't think WDW would EVER be boring. I just don't want the rush to the parks rush to the rides... When I went with myt parent during the summer, it was always rush rush rush... I never felt like I was getting to truely appreciate the Disney enviroment. I also don't want it to be that we feel like the only people at the resort.
I have the activity page that a pp posted saved. I can't wait to actually experience a resort. Again, that rush rush. Never roamed the graounds and participated in any activities. We stayed at OKW and there was so many things for kids to do just like AKL, but never did one of those things.

Can't wait to be able to breathe in Disney air! Just about 3 months to go! :dance3:

BTW, thank you for answering my questions. I just love that ppl on these boards will make sure to respond to questions ppl have. Love it! Thanks!

I repeated that I was staying at AKL and that I did not have that option when I placed my order, and asked if they deliver to AKL. They said yes. So I asked to change me to AKL and the woman was like so you want me to cross off Jambo house and just leave it as AKL, like I was asking her to do something out of the ordinary

I'd recommend you add back the Jambo House part of the location. If you are staying in an AKL room, then you are staying in Jambo House (the name of the original lodge).

Yep it took a while but I did it!!!! 3 rooms and 1 more to book when nephew and spouse figure out when to join us.
Event to Celebrate: Daughter"s High School Grad Trip!!!

Location for event: Aninmal Kingdom Lodge

The cast members Mom(me), Hubby (and proud dad) Tim, the Graduate, her 3 best friends. Add in 2 aunts in thier 40's 1 uncles and 2 cousins.

Now just have to pay off trip and wait till Dec. to start making dining ressies.

Hi everyone, we will be headed to AKL at the end of september but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for binoculars. Thanks :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, we will be headed to AKL at the end of september but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for binoculars. Thanks :thumbsup2

Do you mean should you take them or are you asking for a specific make and/or model?

I still have some time before I get ready to book the next trip for my girlfriend and I, but in the mean time I have a couple of questions. We both have our hearts set on staying here for the first time, maybe Club Level. TIA for any answers:thumbsup2

1. Are all CL rooms savannah view? I read somewhere that most of them are but not all of them.

2. For any savannah room that has an obstruction, how bad is it? Does it really take away from the experience?

We aren't looking to go until next October so I am sure a few more questions will come around in the coming months.

Thanks again.

I still have some time before I get ready to book the next trip for my girlfriend and I, but in the mean time I have a couple of questions. We both have our hearts set on staying here for the first time, maybe Club Level. TIA for any answers:thumbsup2

1. Are all CL rooms savannah view? I read somewhere that most of them are but not all of them.

2. For any savannah room that has an obstruction, how bad is it? Does it really take away from the experience?

We aren't looking to go until next October so I am sure a few more questions will come around in the coming months.

Thanks again.

1- All Club Level rooms are 4th floor Savannah view rooms.
If you book with a % off discount Club Level is almost a no brainer if a Savannah view is a must (I think it is) because it such a small price increase. For me the main drawback is I prefer 3rd floor, from the 4th the tree tops sometimes get in the way.

2- I am not aware of obstructed views at AKL, but we might just be lucky. Unless you count tree tops, I guess.

Do you mean should you take them or are you asking for a specific make and/or model?

I was hoping for some some specific info if possible...if not, which magnification would you recommended? Thank you again.

1- All Club Level rooms are 4th floor Savannah view rooms.
If you book with a % off discount Club Level is almost a no brainer if a Savannah view is a must (I think it is) because it such a small price increase. For me the main drawback is I prefer 3rd floor, from the 4th the tree tops sometimes get in the way.

2- I am not aware of obstructed views at AKL, but we might just be lucky. Unless you count tree tops, I guess.

Thanks for the reply :goodvibes My girlfriend and I think that if staying at AKL, Savannah view is a must as well. We visited on our last trip when we went to Jiko (amazing) and loved the look and feel of the resort. We are planning to spend more time relaxing on this trip then our previous visits to WDW which is why CL is appealing to us. We already looked into what the price would be for when we want to go and without a discount it seems very reasonable. Why is CL at AKL such a small price increase opposed to CL at some of the other Deluxe resorts? Also, do you find it a hassle that the rooms are on the 4th floor and the lounge is on the 6th floor?

I was hoping for some some specific info if possible...if not, which magnification would you recommended? Thank you again.

Sorry, can't help with that one. We take our 10+ year old 8x30 mm binoculars with us but I don't think we have ever used them. The animals are really what I would call "up close and personal!"

This is not a picture I would normally post to show how beautiful AKL is, but it gives you a perfect look at just how close the animals can be to the rooms:

P1000954.jpg

We've booked AKL club level for January and can't wait for our first stay there! The last six trips to WDW, we've stayed in the Epcot resort area, so I'm excited to try something different! :thumbsup2

Can anyone comment on the recent evening "hot" offerings in the club level? We stayed BWI club last month, so I kind of have an idea of what the cold items will be, I'm just wondering what to expect for the the two hot apps? ;)

I have to post something here! It has been a ,looong time without any AKL info! I am going to go through withdrawls and I haven't even need there yet! These threads feed my cravings!

I have not stayed at AKL yet either but now I only have a little over 3 months left to wait!

Is the Uzima Flamingo Pond located near the Uzima Pool?

hiya guys (amazing thread btw)

So excited now about the AKL you guys know so much! Can anyone tell me when the Chrismas decs go up in the resorts (and parks if you know)?? We are going Nov 6th(2011) for 7 nights. Ive noticed the mickeys magical christmas party starts around then so i'm keeping fingers crossed that means all the decs are up! I figured if anyone would know its you guys!!!

thanks

hiya guys (amazing thread btw)

So excited now about the AKL you guys know so much! Can anyone tell me when the Chrismas decs go up in the resorts (and parks if you know)?? We are going Nov 6th(2011) for 7 nights. Ive noticed the mickeys magical christmas party starts around then so i'm keeping fingers crossed that means all the decs are up! I figured if anyone would know its you guys!!!

thanks

Sorry, but I think you will be too early to see much in the way of Christmas decorations at the resorts. I believe that they are done between Thanksgiving and the first of December. HGTV did a great show of Walt Disney World decorating for the holidays titled "Behind the Magic Disney Holidays." Last year it was broadcast on November 29th. I know because we still have it on our DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter