The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know that you will see some Christmas decorations on November 1st.

It's that Disney Magic. We had Halloween/fall decorations on Oct 31 then the next day it was all gone then we had Christmas decorations granted it was only 25% up.

Decorations in the parks normally go up sooner than the decorations in the resorts. Here are a few pictures from AKL the first week of December 2010. The first one is the huge tree in the main lobby. The other 3 were all in the AKL Gift Shop.
AKLChristmastreesmall.jpg
AKLgiftshoplargesttreesmall.jpg

AKLgiftshoptree1small.jpg
AKLgiftshopmonkeytreesmall.jpg

I have not stayed at AKL yet either but now I only have a little over 3 months left to wait!

Is the Uzima Flamingo Pond located near the Uzima Pool?

The Flamingo Pond is located directly behind the pool (left side).

Kathy Z. M.

I just checked into Kidani today for my first stay at AKL. It is incredible! The view of the Savannah from my room is amazing.
We are in love with the resort.

I just checked into Kidani today for my first stay at AKL. It is incredible! The view of the Savannah from my room is amazing.
We are in love with the resort.

Glad you're enjoying your stay! Will we be getting a live report with pictures? :rolleyes1

If you had to choose between 8nights savanna view 1BRvilla or 9nights standard view 1BR villa, which would you choose???????????

I do know that you will see some Christmas decorations on November 1st.

It's that Disney Magic. We had Halloween/fall decorations on Oct 31 then the next day it was all gone then we had Christmas decorations granted it was only 25% up.

Nov 1st is the final Halloween party this year, so my guess would be the decorations for fall will come down after that party and the Christmas decorations will be all up by the next weekend in the parks. The Christmas parties start November 8th.

If you had to choose between 8nights savanna view 1BRvilla or 9nights standard view 1BR villa, which would you choose???????????
Tough desicion! :cloud9:I would love either! :lmao:

What would really seal the deal would be airfare. If the difference in either day was cheaper, I woulld pick that package!

Personally, if I could buy a savana view and 1BR villa I would do the savana view. I don't know if I would ever get the chance to do that again so I would go all out! :woohoo:

I've never stayed in either (staying for the first time in Feb./Mar.) but I'm all for the more time at Disney the better! So I'd go 9nts/std. view. There are plenty of public viewing areas. :thumbsup2

Nice thread...thanks for all the info. A lot to read through though! You are all getting me so excited for our trip. We love staying at BCV and the proximity to BW Epcot and HS. I am a little nervous to be "away" from it all but at the same time excited to try something new!

We are headed to Kidani in November. 2 bedroom lockoff savannah view....
1st - is there anything we should know or request about Kidani?

2nd - there seem to be mixed reviews about the buses...We will have a car. Are there some parks that are better to drive to? Any thoughts or experiences?

Which do people like better? jambo or kidani village?

We stayed at 1-BR Kidani in August, 2009 and 1-BR Jambo this past August. We preferred the access to more food options at Jambo (Jiko, Boma, Mara), but, we preferred the room layouts at Kidani.

Otherwise, both have other advantages and disadvantages that were minor in comparison.

Sorry, but I think you will be too early to see much in the way of Christmas decorations at the resorts. I believe that they are done between Thanksgiving and the first of December. HGTV did a great show of Walt Disney World decorating for the holidays titled "Behind the Magic Disney Holidays." Last year it was broadcast on November 29th. I know because we still have it on our DVR.

Thanks for the info, shame tho I am a christmas nut and would have loved it to have all been done. Can't believe there is a tv program showing it why do we not get stuff like that in the UK!!!!

Just back from Kidani and we had the best room location!

Room 7212, 2BR sunset savannah view (zebras, giraffes, cattle, ostrich and a few others)
1min from lobby, bus stop right outside out door and 5 min from the pool!!

Bus service was AWESOME!! Actually quickest i've experienced at any resort... never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus anywhere!!!

Wanted to share with everyone!

Just back from Kidani and we had the best room location!

Room 7212, 2BR sunset savannah view (zebras, giraffes, cattle, ostrich and a few others)
1min from lobby, bus stop right outside out door and 5 min from the pool!!

Bus service was AWESOME!! Actually quickest i've experienced at any resort... never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus anywhere!!!

Wanted to share with everyone!

Glad you had such a nice time! Excellent room location by the sound of it!

I love reading this thread! My dream is an anniv trip to AKL, and I'm addicted to reading anything I can found about it! It looks so beautiful. When we are there in Nov with the kids, our one ADR is for dinner at Boma! Can't wait!

Thanks for all the info!

I was in room 7300, which was the first room from the elevators on the 3rd floor near the lobby. It was fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter